PDA

View Full Version : John Lewis Advert

gillsib
23-Apr-10, 20:00
I just wondered is it just me........

I have just seen the John Lewis advert on TV - follows a young girl through her life to old age to the tune of 'shes only a woman to me' - by the end of it i had a lump in my throat !!!

Just made me realise how time passes so quickly - my daughter will be 18 next week and it doesn't seem a blink of an eye since she was a babe in my arms - think i am just having a bit of a sentimental moment !!!

PS - does anyone actually know the name of the song and who sung it - tried itunes but no luck

gillsib
23-Apr-10, 20:07
Found the song on itunes -

'Shes always a woman to me' by Red Sauce!!

cazmanian_minx
23-Apr-10, 20:26
Haven't seen the ad yet, but I thought She's Always A Woman To Me was a Billy Joel song?

gillsib
23-Apr-10, 20:29
Knew it was familiar!! - I remember him singing it but its the Red Sauce version thats in the advert - thought Billy Joels version was better!

Venture
23-Apr-10, 20:43
http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnLewisRetail?v=zMtyOCoqHTk&feature=pyv&ad=5198413232&kw=john%20lewis#p/u/0/zMtyOCoqHTk

As they say time waits for no man, or woman.;)

wicker8
23-Apr-10, 21:39
hi i agree its really lovely :Razz

cazmanian_minx
24-Apr-10, 08:03
Thanks Venture, lovely ad I agree.

brandy
24-Apr-10, 09:26
ahhh that was lovley

lexie
24-Apr-10, 09:53
best add of there's yet!..... makes you think ... time is a blink !

golach
24-Apr-10, 09:58
http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnLewisRetail?v=zMtyOCoqHTk&feature=pyv&ad=5198413232&kw=john%20lewis#p/u/0/zMtyOCoqHTk

As they say time waits for no man, or woman.;)

Oh if only real life was as easy as that, but still a well thought out advert, Ta Venture.

dragonfly
24-Apr-10, 10:17
I just wondered is it just me........

I have just seen the John Lewis advert on TV - follows a young girl through her life to old age to the tune of 'shes only a woman to me' - by the end of it i had a lump in my throat !!!

Just made me realise how time passes so quickly - my daughter will be 18 next week and it doesn't seem a blink of an eye since she was a babe in my arms - think i am just having a bit of a sentimental moment !!!

PS - does anyone actually know the name of the song and who sung it - tried itunes but no luck

I've got a lump too now! hard to beleive it was so long ago that they were all starting nursery together! Mine turned 18 in Jan and I never see her anymore...........but that is a good thing lol

gillsib
24-Apr-10, 18:11
Dragonfly - Its nice to know someone is feeling the same way as I do and I am not the only sentimental old thing - maybe what is really upsetting is that in another 18 years I will be 62 !!!!!! Blooming heck !!! Think it is time to live a little!

neepnipper
24-Apr-10, 21:52
I havn't got kids but the ad is very good, glad I'm not the only one who thinks so!