PDA

View Full Version : steaks

wicker8
23-Apr-10, 18:12
hi a had a sirlion steak for my tea tonight it was just beautiful realy good bought from tescos butcher department

John Little
23-Apr-10, 18:42
Yum- what did you have with it? Chips, onion rings, tomatoes, an egg on top?
And did you put tarragon on the steak?

wicker8
23-Apr-10, 19:06
Yum- what did you have with it? Chips, onion rings, tomatoes, an egg on top?
And did you put tarragon on the steak? hi john yes indeed i put tarragon on them as i will do from now on i had chips mushrooms onions griled tomatoe and a stuffed pepper oh and a glass of wine [or two] now i cant move i am going to watch tv and chill hope you have a nice weekend eevery time i get out the tarragon i think of you all the best k

majic
23-Apr-10, 19:25
Hi I'm a veggie but my OH is not he likes steak so what is the tarragon taste like? Ive not used it before

John Little
23-Apr-10, 20:06
Years ago I was doing a long distance walk and camped out on New Year's eve. There was a -7 degree frost and so the next night, being fed up of playing hard, I decided to do a guest house. It did evening meal and the wife there cooked steak with tarragon, and I washed it down with a bottle of good red wine.

The tarragon is a sweet woody herb that brings out the flavour of steak in a way that nothing else I have ever come across does. It works on roast beef too. It just makes it taste lush; tarragon and steak are just heavenly twins, meant for each other.

Your OH will love it.

If you are cautious about it, try cooking a steak in the normal way and getting some mustard with tarragon from the supermarket. Not quite as good but it will give the idea.

majic
23-Apr-10, 21:33
K thanks i maybe give it to him on his birthday :)

wicker8
23-Apr-10, 21:36
hi yes john is right they are just mmmm it tastes so much better hope your oh enjoys it k

Kodiak
23-Apr-10, 21:40
My Favourite Steak is a RibEye Steak. Tesco have some really Tasty ones and this is in either Thurso or Wick.

I dont have them often as they are so expensive but I am content to have them about once every 3 months or so. Next time I will try with some Tarragon as you suggest John Little as it sounds real good. Yum Yum wish I had one right now. :D

Dog-eared
23-Apr-10, 21:49
Must try it.

cullpacket
24-Apr-10, 07:06
What are you doing? Go to the butchers buy local there is no comparison if you ever get the chance try a bit oh hielan coo, Tarragon is nice on chicken must give it a go on eh steak

wifie
25-Apr-10, 03:01
I agree cullpacket - buy local! Heilan' coo is indeed rather fab - have you tried buffalo? Had buffalo sirloin recently and it was marvelous! Must give the tarragon a shot tho - I love a good steak!