PDA

View Full Version : When is it going to get warmer?

neepnipper
23-Apr-10, 07:36
Fed up of cold weather now.:(

Snowy, hail stuff this morning and only one degree.:confused

I need warm sunshine, is it ever going to arrive?:roll:

bekisman
23-Apr-10, 07:41
Fed up of cold weather now.:(

Snowy, hail stuff this morning and only one degree.:confused

I need warm sunshine, is it ever going to arrive?:roll:
That's global warming for you

sjr014
23-Apr-10, 07:42
Im with you on that one, we had a couple of nice days the other week but then you expect it like that all the time. Roll on the summer...........

dragonfly
23-Apr-10, 08:03
horrible thing is late April and May are usually our warmest months!!! :eek:

neepnipper
23-Apr-10, 08:09
horrible thing is late April and May are usually our warmest months!!! :eek:

Oh, don't say that.

Mik.M.
23-Apr-10, 08:11
Hopefully this weather will end once the Scrabster Weather Witch returns from her honeymoon. Mik.

John Little
23-Apr-10, 08:36
It's those Icelanders!! Ash ............ mutter mutter..

upolian
23-Apr-10, 08:40
Not sure but at half 6 this morning i seen a few cars go by with a good bit of snow on them:roll:

Cattach
23-Apr-10, 09:26
That's global warming for you

Spot on - it is. Global Warming has changed weather throughout the world. Some parts getting much drier others more rain. The whole weather system is changing so get used to it.

Even Chance
23-Apr-10, 09:40
Hev none O ye heard of e May gobs????????
This is normal for this time of year in Caithness.

whaligoechiel
23-Apr-10, 10:04
and e schoid storm

Scarybiscuits03
23-Apr-10, 10:22
The good weather will come soon enough. May is usually a good month in caithness and going by last year, we had quite a good summer - especially if you comapre it to rainy England!!!:lol:

Even Chance
23-Apr-10, 11:14
Aye, yer right whaligoechiel.

See here for an older thread abody:-
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=92291

Boozeburglar
23-Apr-10, 13:51
We have had a lovely few days, and it is forecast for 21 tomorrow. I have been chilling in the park with a beer and a sandwich. Top quality.

dirdyweeker
23-Apr-10, 14:27
My nephew in Somerset reported that today for him it was hot and sunny! Perhaps that fornt will move north for the weekend.
And yes, it was snowing overnight.

lasher
23-Apr-10, 19:05
Spot on - it is. Global Warming has changed weather throughout the world. Some parts getting much drier others more rain. The whole weather system is changing so get used to it.
What tosh, no such thing as global warming.

joxville
23-Apr-10, 19:57
It's already getting warmer. A couple of times this week I've got home from work, stripped off, and lay on the patio soaking up the rays. :cool:

John Little
23-Apr-10, 20:11
". A couple of times this week I've got home from work, stripped off, and lay on the patio soaking up the rays."

Such a vision you conjure up - such a picture in words....

joxville
23-Apr-10, 22:57
As Christina Aguilera said, "I Am Beautiful".:D

Blarney
23-Apr-10, 23:44
Looked out in the back garden this morning and thought that there was volcanic ash on the lawn!!!..........................on closer inspection I realised that it was moss which had frosted over. So much for spring.

Aaldtimer
24-Apr-10, 02:55
". A couple of times this week I've got home from work, stripped off, and lay on the patio soaking up the rays."

Such a vision you conjure up - such a picture in words....

Aye,yer right John! Baldy, aging old pervy flasher!:roll:

rambo1978
24-Apr-10, 06:49
Hell, was that Ray Barone or another Ray lad?

joxville
24-Apr-10, 12:35
Aye,yer right John! Baldy, aging old pervy flasher!:roll:

I'll have you know I'm considered an Adonis. :D

Anyway, just because I'm a naturist doesn't make me a pervy flasher; I don't do it for sexual kicks, I do it because of the sense of freedom and being at one with nature, though I don't expect you to understand that, we all have different views on nudity. :D

crayola
24-Apr-10, 12:58
I'll have you know I'm considered an Adonis. :DOoooh, are you going to give us a quick flash Lord Adonis? :eek:

As for when it will get warmer..... We will have an average temperature that's at least 2 degrees Celsius warmer by the end of the century, can you wait that long?

bekisman
24-Apr-10, 14:44
When is it going to get warmer?

Well, This Piers Corbyn, astrophysicist of WeatherAction long range forecasters, certainly seems to talk sense. His Initial response to BBC2 'Climate Wars' 14th Sep 2008 holds as good today as it did then, I've copied a few of the major points, to save space. For those interested, have a look at this link http://www.weatheraction.com/pages/pv.asp?p=wact10&fsize=0

1. This 'Climate wars' production is a shameful and desperate effort from the BBC's 'green religion department' to shore up the failing theory of CO2 driven Global Warming and Climate Change. 'The piece, and the Global Warmers camp in general, while pretending to be objective skilfully avoid applying sound science and provide no answers to the mounting evidence which refutes the crumbling Global Warmers theory. It puts lipstick on scientific fraud but it remains fraud'
2. The Hockey stick temperature graph (claiming 'exceptional' world temperatures now compared with the last few thousand years) is a fraud and 'improvements' on it promoted by the IPCC and members of the Climate Crisis industry are also fraud - with lipstick.
3. Whatever may have seemed plausible 10 years ago Global Warming is over and there is no evidence that CO2 ever was, is or will be a driver of world temperatures or Climate Change - indeed evidence is the relationship is more the other way around:- 'a) Temperatures drive CO2 levels in a number of circumstances (eg when the world exits ice-ages). CO2 has no observed net driving effect on temperatures. This fact is established from thousands of years of data which the 'Global Warmers' refuse to properly consider'.
4. Attempts to prove the CO2 effect 'right' by challenging an incomplete version of one solar theory are doubly dishonest because: 'a) One theory being inadequate does not prove CO2 has any effect. The CO2 theory already lies in tatters - refuted by data evidence. No amount of enraged shooting at others can revive it'.
5. I challenge - and there are other scientists who can also challenge - the 'Climate Wars' programme producer to a public televised debate with himself or any scientist they want to put forward. 'If they had answers to the many refutations of their theory then the UN Secretary General or its Climate Committee (the IPCC) or the UK Parliament Environment Audit Committee (chair Tim Yeo MP* ) would respond to letters but they have all failed to answer simple requests for evidence to support their theory and policies under which they expect the world to be taxed and go further into food price crisis and recession. The letter of 14th July from 13 scientists and environmentalists across the world to Ban-Ki moon Secretary general of the UN has still not even been acknowledged

So there you are, sorry, but it ain't going to get any warmer

neepnipper
25-Apr-10, 08:04
Woo hoo! Sunny and quite warm!

joxville
25-Apr-10, 09:27
Rain!!!

Where's my sun gone??? :(

golach
25-Apr-10, 09:28
Same here Jox.... :(

joxville
25-Apr-10, 09:41
It's supposed to be sunny and 21 degrees here toady, the weather peeps got it very wrong again. :confused

Venture
25-Apr-10, 11:39
Rain!!!

Where's my sun gone??? :(

Well at least that statement is a bit tamer than the FB one. [lol]

Now who is it again they say the sun only shines on?;)

John Little
25-Apr-10, 11:46
"A glooming peace this morning with it brings. The sun for sorrow will not show his head. Go hence and have more talk of these sad things. Some shall be pardoned, and some punished. For never was a story of more woe than this of Caithness, Wick and Thurso"

horseman
25-Apr-10, 12:27
If ye really want the sun, ye have to follow it, head west young man or whatever.I was getting sunburnt (quite badly) in March Just a wee bittie outside Wick it was.;)

joxville
25-Apr-10, 12:55
Woo hoo, my sun is starting to break through the cloud. :cool:

Gronnuck
25-Apr-10, 16:36
:mad: Oh I'm really beginning to get rattled - all the weather forcasts I can find are predicting light showers or rain or heavy showers or rain or medium showers - AAAaaaarrrgh!

All I want is to see the big shiney yellow thingy high in the sky :D pleeeeeese!

Bruce_H
26-Apr-10, 03:53
I will try to bring some California weather with me when I come to visit Caithness mid-May. Not sure if I can get it through customs at Heathrow, but here's to hoping!

Bruce H