PDA

View Full Version : 11 Year old boy - Club Suggestions

t
22-Apr-10, 18:30
Can someone point me or give me some suggestions for a 11 year old to take part in.

Any clubs etc. taking my son to Football at Thurso Youth Club on Friday any other suggestions?

Kodiak
22-Apr-10, 18:54
I would suggest either the 1st Thruso Scout Group, or the 2nd Thurso Scout Group.

Both are excellent and I am sure your son would love either of them.

1st Thurso is on Riverside.
2nd Thurso is at top of Davidsons Lane.

:D

Hoida
22-Apr-10, 19:35
Scouts as Kodiak has suggested a great mix of fun and adventure:eek:

Leanne
22-Apr-10, 22:19
Horseriding - it teaches kids a great sense of responsibility and he will find himself becoming a teeny babe magnet ;)

Dadie
22-Apr-10, 22:34
Swimming, rugby, fitba, scouts/boys brigade, mini moto, surfing (though that is more of pals going together)etc...
What does he want to do?
If he doesnt like it he wont want to stick at it!

Angel
22-Apr-10, 23:22
Thurso Theatre Group... Meet Friday Evenings... sample of what they are up to by going to John'o'Groat's this Saturday at around 2pm... fun fun fun...

Angel...

jings00
22-Apr-10, 23:27
There are some groups run by the Ormlie Community Association

dragonfly
23-Apr-10, 08:08
Martial Arts, golf at weekends and all of the above

Cattach
23-Apr-10, 09:20
Can someone point me or give me some suggestions for a 11 year old to take part in.

Any clubs etc. taking my son to Football at Thurso Youth Club on Friday any other suggestions?

Althletic Club, Swimming Club, Junior Players, Judo and other martial Arts, Scouts, Gynmastics, Junior Rugby to name but a few in Thurso. Detals of most on the org.

Fluff
23-Apr-10, 10:28
There are also the cadet corps too. I don't know what age the army or air cadets take kids from but I know the Sea Cadets accept from the age of 10 (juniors 10-12) Good fun on the boats etc..
They are located down Sir Archibald Road, with Juniors only on a Tuesday night. 01847 892404 I hope he finds something he loves xx

t
26-Apr-10, 21:41
Thanks for all the feedback I have set him up with 3 different things to try out and see how he goes.

andrew.bowles30
26-Apr-10, 22:13

the sea cadets they are brill he can join the juniers he will have a great time my son loved it