PDA

View Full Version : Pubs that allow dogs?

YummyMummy
21-Apr-10, 22:18
Are there any pubs or places to eat that allow dogs on the premises in Thurso?

The only place I know is the tables outside The Tempest - anywhere else?

Thank you

mrlennie
21-Apr-10, 22:31
Whenever I've been in the commercial there have been dogs in there. Opposite the royal bank of Scotland i think it is...

Rictina
21-Apr-10, 22:31
Sorry I carnt help you, but I will be intrested to hear the replies to your question.

golach
21-Apr-10, 22:36
Saw two friendly collies in the Grove when I was up the other week.

changilass
21-Apr-10, 22:36
I don't agree with dogs being where folks are trying to eat. It's not hygenic.

I also don't see the point in them being in pubs, I can imagine a landlords face if I were to take mine in, he would take up all the room.

mrlennie
21-Apr-10, 22:46
ts a good point everyones dog has fleas at some point...or is that just mine:eek::lol:

Rictina
21-Apr-10, 22:47
ts a good point everyones dog has fleas at some point...or is that just mine:eek::lol:

Fleas :eek: LOL

YummyMummy
21-Apr-10, 22:48
Saw two friendly collies in the Grove when I was up the other week.

Is "The Grove" the bar beside the Y-Not?

Thanks. Keep the replies coming:)

mrlennie
21-Apr-10, 22:57
What about that pub where the dogs play poker?

http://southportbooze.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/dogs-playing-poker-1.jpg

YummyMummy
21-Apr-10, 23:02
What about that pub where the dogs play poker?

http://southportbooze.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/dogs-playing-poker-1.jpg

Now that's just perfect!!! :D

Nacho
22-Apr-10, 00:00
I don't agree with dogs being where folks are trying to eat. It's not hygenic.

i've been in pubs in thurso where some of the regulars are less hygienic and mooch more than some mongrels.

admittedly they don't lick their balls while you're talking to them, but i bet they would if they could.

Sarah
22-Apr-10, 00:04
i've been in pubs in thurso where some of the regulars are less hygienic and mooch more than some mongrels.

admittedly they don't lick their balls while you're talking to them, but i bet they would if they could.

:lol: this made my day! I know a few like that too.

golach
22-Apr-10, 00:05

Naw thats Week, your just confused[lol]

ryrie
22-Apr-10, 11:55
Are there any pubs or places to eat that allow dogs on the premises in Thurso?

The only place I know is the tables outside The Tempest - anywhere else?

Thank you

You can go into the grove with your dog. Isla & steve have 2 collies that are quite often in the bar.you can get food as well they give you a menu from y not but you can eat it in the grove!

YummyMummy
22-Apr-10, 14:25
You can go into the grove with your dog. Isla & steve have 2 collies that are quite often in the bar.you can get food as well they give you a menu from y not but you can eat it in the grove!

That's great - thank you very much:)

Razz
22-Apr-10, 21:03
Halladale Inn in Melvich allows dogs in the bar. If anyone else does not want to eat in the bar where there are dogs they have a dining room.

Jenni
22-Apr-10, 22:07
We often used to visit the Weigh Inn with Archie. Although you can't take dogs inside they do have tables outside and no-one ever complained at us when he was with us. We will have Archie and Angus this summer though!! Lets hope we don't arrive there at the same time as you, Yummy Mummy or it may look like a labrador convention. lol

Dadie
22-Apr-10, 22:37
The Pentland let in a wifie with her westie in the foyer bit to eat/knit/yap with her pals when we used to go there with the kids.

YummyMummy
22-Apr-10, 23:00
We often used to visit the Weigh Inn with Archie. Although you can't take dogs inside they do have tables outside and no-one ever complained at us when he was with us. We will have Archie and Angus this summer though!! Lets hope we don't arrive there at the same time as you, Yummy Mummy or it may look like a labrador convention. lol

lol! Imagine???

It's a question that I have been asked by prospective guests to my holiday property in Thurso. They are very keen to have their dog join them when they are out and about and want to check out what is available before they make a reservation.

With my lot I fear I may never see a pub again:eek: