PDA

View Full Version : Despair - deleted photos from SD Card

gillsib
21-Apr-10, 18:04
Help - i had my SD card full of photos from the last 2 years and deceided to clear them out. Got 100 of them printed today and was deleting them. I deleted the whole lot and have lost about 500 photos that I hadn't gone through!!!!

Is it a case of its gone and thats it or do they 'hide' somewhere and someone in the know can retrieve them.

Lost all the kids photos from the last couple of years and am really upset!!! I know I am STUPID!

Bob M
21-Apr-10, 20:19
There is a porgramme available called Sandisk rescue pro which is generally given out free with Sandisk cards I have found it to be incredibly effective at retreiving deleted photos as long as you have'nt formatted your card you can also download it from the Sandisk site but there may be a charge for it, just Google "Sandisk rescue pro" and select the sandisk site from the results good luck

gillsib
21-Apr-10, 20:47
Many thanks Bob - as you will have guessed I am not very good with technology but hopefully it'll work!!

EDDIE
21-Apr-10, 22:18
When ever you delete something all u have done is removed it from your view you havent really deleted the files its just hidden in the empty space its still there you need to use data recovery software to get it back ideally get someone who has experience in doing it if the photos are important to you because you might try recovery it and make things worse?

dx100uk
22-Apr-10, 01:25
download and run
restoration.exe

very simple

install the prog

connect your camera with the card in

run restoration.exe

select the camera [prob e:drive]

hit restore

simples!

dx

gillsib
23-Apr-10, 07:33
Hi dx

I got the software downloaded but when i connect my camera nothing happens when i run it as it wont let me select my camera anywhere - its not in e drive

Think i will need someone who knows to have a look - i started to restore to see what it would do and thousands of files appeared - i am useless at this!

Thanks for your help anyway

Gillsib

RecQuery
23-Apr-10, 09:07
Its important in the meantime not to take any new photos or copy anything to the card as this could overwrite pointers and file chunks from the deleted files.

EDIT: Also don't restore to the card restore the files somewhere else and copy them.

I like restoration but try Recuva - http://www.piriform.com/recuva - Its also free and may be a bit easier compared to Restoration. You can also find a few download links at http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=5514

dx100uk
23-Apr-10, 09:11
hello REc
forgot that one too.

now the camera gill.

if you have sound on your PC, turn it up a bit.

when you connect the camera do you get a rising two tone sound out the PC which tells you the camera has been connected?

dx

Beat Bug
23-Apr-10, 10:50
When you have sorted all this, and got your photos back, do as I do and copy all photos to your computer. And then do the same on an on-going basis.