PDA

View Full Version : Entitled to Opinion

donnick
21-Apr-10, 12:37
Why do certain people feel that they have to JUMP down peoples throat as to some people's opinion .surly we can see that we all don't agree and thankfully so ,that we all have diff opinions and like different thing .I have just read a post in the photography section where a innocent question was asked by an inexperienced person who stated this but further down was criticized for asking it and having a opinion [evil] surly we can agree that we don't all agree.

telfordstar
21-Apr-10, 13:13
Why do certain people feel that they have to JUMP down peoples throat as to some people's opinion .surly we can see that we all don't agree and thankfully so ,that we all have diff opinions and like different thing .I have just read a post in the photography section where a innocent question was asked by an inexperienced person who stated this but further down was criticized for asking it and having a opinion [evil] surly we can agree that we don't all agree.

I think some folk On this org like to "stir it up" it makes their boring lives more interesting and probably they disagree with folk and chances are they agree but like to be ackward.

I post my opinion and if folk dont like it then tough!!!

upolian
21-Apr-10, 13:17
It happens on every forum,some people react to things some dont,i used to now i just laugh it off,an innocent question turns into a little fight,people take things the wrong way,oh well such is life,type what you feel is appropriate,if people dont like it tough luck!

porshiepoo
21-Apr-10, 13:19
Love it! :lol:
You state that surely we're all entitled to an opinion and then moan that someone has expressed theirs.
Classic! :lol:

It may have been a criticism but it's an opinion all the same. I haven't actually read the post that you're talking of, however it's pretty much common place on here.
I agree with Telfordstar, some people just love to stir and don't understand that their is nothing to gain from being critical just for the sake of it.
However, I do have to say that that person was entitled to express their opinion.

donnick
21-Apr-10, 13:26
yes i can see that :lol:oops but u know where i was coming from . dont know how to post this without contradicting maself :confused

buffy
21-Apr-10, 16:57
I can see exactly where you are coming from, and I would not personally interpret it as contradicting yourself.
I feel what you mean is that they can feel free to put across their contradicting opionion but that there is no need to jump down anyone's throat or indeed slag off that person for voicing their own opinion/showing their ignorance of a topic.

S&LHEN
21-Apr-10, 17:07
Ive noticed that and I cant say I like it, other people seem to think they are superior just because they have a certificate in something while actually everyones circumstance is different and no certificate is going to change that.
They some how feel that they need to come on the org to give themselves a boost and there purly looking for arguments. Its very sad in my opinion but shows what they are like as a person.

Rictina
21-Apr-10, 17:17
I think you tend to find this happens on a lot of forums. It use to upset me a great deal, as I would take everything to heart but now it goes over my head & doesnt bother me in the slightest. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

wifie
21-Apr-10, 17:23
It happens on every forum,some people react to things some dont

I think you tend to find this happens on a lot of forums.

(adopts sexy M&S ad voice) This isn't just any forum - this is the Caithness.org forum . . . ;)

Or put another way - if Carlsberg did forums they sure as Castlemaine XXXX wouldn't do this one!!!

:cool:

upolian
21-Apr-10, 18:13
(adopts sexy M&S ad voice) This isn't just any forum - this is the Caithness.org forum . . .

Or put another way - if Carlsberg did forums they sure as Castlemaine XXXX wouldn't do this one!!!

:cool:

HAHAHAHAHAH 'sexy M&S voice'

+1 rep for that[lol][lol]

Bazeye
21-Apr-10, 19:18
HAHAHAHAHAH 'sexy M&S voice'

+1 rep for that[lol][lol]

How about a sexy S&M voice for us pervs. ;)

upolian
21-Apr-10, 19:47
How about a sexy S&M voice for us pervs. ;)

Org night out for the pervs[lol][lol]

Bazeye
21-Apr-10, 20:39
Org night out for the pervs[lol][lol]

Just finished polishing ma chains.

upolian
21-Apr-10, 20:49

[lol]

location location location?

horseman
21-Apr-10, 20:51
Super post,an I am quite fed up an finished with this bit of chewing gum or ghuggie as my youngest daughter names it.

wifie
21-Apr-10, 20:51
How about a sexy S&M voice for us pervs.

I hope there is a good enough shine on those chains? (whip sound in background) [evil]

Org night out for the pervs

Wick or Thurso? :cool:

bettedaviseyes
21-Apr-10, 21:05
sounds about right on here just pure ADDITUDE you get [disgust]

upolian
22-Apr-10, 00:07
I hope there is a good enough shine on those chains? (whip sound in background) [evil]

Wick or Thurso?

[lol]

I was thinking Wick:roll:

octane
22-Apr-10, 00:21
This is the way of the land here unfortunatly, best not to rise to it.

You will come to find out the ones who just troll away and nit pick just to get a reaction, they stick out like a sore thumb on here.

Best advice I can give is click "user CP" then look down your control panel on left side. Look for "edit ignore list" click that and type in the idiots name who U wanna block.

That way you wont see the drivvel on your screen.

Another way is click there name, then view profile. Look for "user lists" click that then in the drop down box click on "add to ignore list"

Nice and easy eh :Razz

wifie
22-Apr-10, 00:39
Soz octane but I don't agree with that - if someone bothers you just skim past why bother at all!

Octane? Octane? :roll: Must be on ignore!

octane
22-Apr-10, 00:52
Soz octane but I don't agree with that - if someone bothers you just skim past why bother at all!

Octane? Octane? :roll: Must be on ignore!

^^ :lol:

Why would u want a complete idiots post taking up space on yer monitor, I dont wanna scroll past there childish comments to go to the next sensible post, Its time consuming so the easiest way to sort that out, is to get them out yer way....period :D

wifie
22-Apr-10, 00:55
Suppose you have a point if they bother you that much. I just generally try not to let folk bother me. I try . . .

(actually it can be quite funny seein' somebody take the hump esp when you weren't actually being horrible to them)

octane
22-Apr-10, 00:58
I can deal with the noobs online no probs, just offering advice for people who are more affected by the troll'ers sad comments and would rather they dissapeared from view.

wifie
22-Apr-10, 01:04
Aye yer right I suppose I am lucky but to some it is not a joke. (Dammit octane won that I think . . . :confused)

slinky
22-Apr-10, 02:23
thats caithness for you especially the forums lol :lol: numptys[lol]

ducati
22-Apr-10, 08:45
Very Democratic the org.

Anyone is entitled to post any half aresed thought that pops into their heid.

And anyone else is equally entitled to shoot them down :Razz

Crackeday
22-Apr-10, 10:52
i could jump down your throat for posting about jumping down a throat but I will restrain myself, and not jump down your throat, so instead i will bid you a good day!!!:lol:

donnick
22-Apr-10, 11:01
i could jump down your throat for posting about jumping down a throat but I will restrain myself, and not jump down your throat, so instead i will bid you a good day!!!:lol:
as you can see form previous page i was already picked up on that and was noted but thanks for not jumping :eek: down ma throat:lol:

Venture
22-Apr-10, 12:01

You will come to find out the ones who just troll away and nit pick just to get a reaction, they stick out like a sore thumb on here.

Best advice I can give is click "user CP" then look down your control panel on left side. Look for "edit ignore list" click that and type in the idiots name who U wanna block.

Another way is click there name, then view profile. Look for "user lists" click that then in the drop down box click on "add to ignore list"

How could anyone ignore you Octane with an avatar like that.[lol]

There again there are some who might want to now because of it.[lol]

Bazeye
22-Apr-10, 17:05

I'd consider it an honour to be put on your list Octane. Just out of curiosity,if I started a thread and was on your list would you know what the thread was about or would you just have to guess? A bit like a whodunnit with the first page missing, you'd know who did it but you would'nt know what they did.
If I'm already on your list please ignore this post. ;)