PDA

View Full Version : Car Hire

Cupcake
21-Apr-10, 10:42
Hi, Would anybody be able to tell me if there is anywhere in Wick that does car hire? Thanks in advance x

Creme_Egg
21-Apr-10, 10:54
Dunnets do it,

northener
21-Apr-10, 11:14
Richards garage in Wick. Have got a few IIRC.

Cupcake
21-Apr-10, 11:20
Hi Northener, What does IIRC mean? ta

wicker8
21-Apr-10, 11:23
hi cupcake ye can have a lone of my car if ye want

Cupcake
21-Apr-10, 11:25
Aye, at will be great!! How much ye charging?!! x

Ajax
21-Apr-10, 11:34
how far are you traveling

Cupcake
21-Apr-10, 11:37
To Manchester....

only me
21-Apr-10, 11:40
richards garage does a good deal hes very good thats your best bet

Ajax
21-Apr-10, 12:16
To Manchester....ah sorry going as far as peterhead

bekisman
21-Apr-10, 12:45
Bit off track, but ref Rental Cars. Recently we had a friend staying who had flown into Inverness Airport and hired a car from the Hertz desk there.. Driving around the highlands for a week, and on the 3rd April drove down to Inverness Airport for his flight home.

Drove into the drop off area for Hertz and was a bit surprised that no other cars. Walked into the Hall to drop his keys off at the Hertz desk, and it wasn't there! - just a space between other stands with a few wires hanging out of the wall.. he asked (I think) Avis where Hertz was "No idea, they just upsticks and went"..So our friend went to 'information' where they too had no idea where Hertz had gone, so he just left his key with them and got his flight home..

Not good Customer Service or PR for Hertz I think? :confused

ducati
21-Apr-10, 13:35
Bit off track, but ref Rental Cars. Recently we had a friend staying who had flown into Inverness Airport and hired a car from the Hertz desk there.. Driving around the highlands for a week, and on the 3rd April drove down to Inverness Airport for his flight home.

Drove into the drop off area for Hertz and was a bit surprised that no other cars. Walked into the Hall to drop his keys off at the Hertz desk, and it wasn't there! - just a space between other stands with a few wires hanging out of the wall.. he asked (I think) Avis where Hertz was "No idea, they just upsticks and went"..So our friend went to 'information' where they too had no idea where Hertz had gone, so he just left his key with them and got his flight home..

Not good Customer Service or PR for Hertz I think? :confused

Would have been even better if he hadn't paid up front :lol:

im behind you
21-Apr-10, 15:57
i hired a car from invernes a couple of years back. and it work out far cheaper than up hear. even with the price of the bus ticket. not sure what it would be like now. but maybe its worth phoning around first just to get an idea of prices.

George Brims
21-Apr-10, 18:06
Hi Northener, What does IIRC mean? ta
It's internet shorthand for "If I Recall Correctly" (not a make of car!)

nicnak
21-Apr-10, 19:41
there is europa car hire up at the airport in wick

Amy-Winehouse
21-Apr-10, 22:08
A bit of advice ,Get the bus to Inverness & get a taxi to Arnold clark`s , cheapest in the Highlands & good selection of cars - no rip off prices that you get up here.

DRM
21-Apr-10, 23:08
Try this site they are pretty good

http://www.carhire3000.com

Invisible
22-Apr-10, 09:43
Try this site they are pretty good

http://www.carhire3000.com

absolutely useless site they don't even have Lybster as a town. :lol: