PDA

View Full Version : Steve Davis @ World Snooker Championships

Kodiak
21-Apr-10, 00:01
I do not know how many of your orgers have been watching Steve Davis play in the first round but it has just finished and Steve Davis won the Match 10 Frames to 9 Frames.

Mark King went into the Match firm Favourite to beat Steve Davis. no one told Steve Davis and although he was behind for a while in the begining he soon caught up and passed Mark. The match went down to the last farme and Steve never gave hime a chance at all and won this last frame quite comfortably.

I would love to see Steve get to the final and win the world Championship once more. Maybe show some of the young players that there still life left in the old dog.

cazmanian_minx
21-Apr-10, 09:31
I'll be cheering him on - we share a birthday (although I'm several years younger!)

If he can get past John Higgins, he'll have a relatively easy 3rd round match and then probably either Ding Junhui or Shaun Murphy after that. I'd love to see a Steve Davis - Ronnie O'Sullivan final.

horseman
21-Apr-10, 13:20
Yes Kodiak, watched him on tv this am. Loved him to bits,mind meeting him in the wives of windsor pub in Windsor.-We were having a swift gurgle at lunch time, an in walked steve an manager. He was an absolute hoot! with capitals, We were at least an hour late in getting back to work,an as I was the foreman, the boss gived me the stick,but you know what? it was super.:)

George Brims
21-Apr-10, 18:07
Maybe show some of the young players that there still life left in the old dog.
Oh now I feel ancient. I remember when he *was* one of the young players.

The only thing worse was reading that Scott Quinnell was retiring from rugby, and remembering I used to watch his dad play for Wales.

cazmanian_minx
24-Apr-10, 08:05
He only needs 4 frames this morning to beat Higgins :D

J C Denton
24-Apr-10, 12:13
He was on top form when I was watching yesterday, his potting percentage was 94% against Higgins 85%.

Kodiak
24-Apr-10, 14:30
Well I see Steve Davis has just beaten John Higgens in the 2nd round and is now in the Quater Final.

Like him or hate him you must admire this come back from this 52 Year Old. :D