PDA

View Full Version : upholstering?

Kathy@watten
20-Apr-10, 19:04
Can anyone reccomend an upholsterer?...locally, looking to have faux leather reupholstery done for the seating pads in my horse lorry, they are removable and easy to transport to somewhere local to get done and I have the material to do it...just lack the time and skill! Have spoken to Attic upholstery but wondered who else there was in the county who could do the job!

upolian
20-Apr-10, 19:14
Whats the problem with it?is it well and truly beyond repair?the reason i ask is i 'feed' and 'spray' leather,depends how far it is gone though! Take a look on google for leather 'feeding' not sure how bad it is but i cant recommend somebody to upholster it,sorry.

mrlennie
20-Apr-10, 19:18
My mum used to do upholstering, she hasn't got the tools to do it now all i know about it is that it's expensive and time consuming.:(

Kathy@watten
20-Apr-10, 19:18
The reason for reupholstering my interior seating is I fancy a revamp as I can't afford to change my horsebox this year I thought i could spend a bitty and do a makeover...nothing wrong with it as it is but fancy making the living area a bit special! At the moment the living seating is velvety stuff and I fancy blue leather and chrome....

upolian
20-Apr-10, 19:27
The reason for reupholstering my interior seating is I fancy a revamp as I can't afford to change my horsebox this year I thought i could spend a bitty and do a makeover...nothing wrong with it as it is but fancy making the living area a bit special! At the moment the living seating is velvety stuff and I fancy blue leather and chrome....

In that case im off no use to you!

I know a very good lad in brora who could sort you out,possibly to far away im not sure,if your interested pm me :)

Allsorts
20-Apr-10, 19:39
Kathy you should give Fuzzypeg a shout she does lovely work and does upholstry and soft furnishings and has been doing stuff like that for years. She did some great stuff for my mum who was thrilled with it.

Scunner
20-Apr-10, 21:08
Phillip Mould Upholstery (http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/business.php?id=2232)

Lybster

check out his email address in the business index. He recovered two stools for me after being let down by someone in Thurso

Jenni
20-Apr-10, 21:58
Try attic upholstery in Thurso. They did some chairs at work and made an excellent job. Owner is Mr Chisholm, 01847 895396.

Kevin Milkins
21-Apr-10, 05:24
Phillip Mould Upholstery (http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/business.php?id=2232)

Lybster

check out his email address in the business index. He recovered two stools for me after being let down by someone in Thurso

He recovered two stools for me after being let down by someone in Thurso

Does he work for Dino Rod?:lol::lol:

buggyracer
21-Apr-10, 09:10
Try attic upholstery in Thurso. They did some chairs at work and made an excellent job. Owner is Mr Chisholm, 01847 895396.

agreed, his work is very good!!! :)

Mrs Sweetie
07-May-10, 10:28
Another vote here for Philip Mould. He has just re-upholstered 6 dining chairs for me and made an excellent job. Really delighted with the quality of his work.

joe
09-May-10, 22:11
Try Derek Lamb from Lybster nothing is too much bother for him and makes excellent job tel.no 01593721843