PDA

View Full Version : asda in tain

Mr P Cannop
20-Apr-10, 15:35
this got passed at todays meeting in tain this morning so tain will be getting an asda in tain

Kodiak
20-Apr-10, 15:42
This is good but it will still be a bit far to go just for a weekly shop. Until ASDA comes to Thurso I think I will stick to Tesco. :D

bekisman
20-Apr-10, 23:54
this got passed at todays meeting in tain this morning so tain will be getting an asda in tain

So four days ago these dinosaurs rejected it, now it's been passed (Good!) Hope they've got fuel too, jarred off with the rip-off prices by the two fuel outlets in Brora, we'll be filling up on any journey south..

Planners reject Asda, despite public support

Published Date: 16 April 2010

PLANNERS are recommending refusal of plans for a new Asda store in the Highlands which has received widespread public support.

The 40,867sq ft store, planned for Knockbreck Road, Tain, would create 220 full and part-time jobs.

Asda says 99 per cent of people who took part in a community event last year backed the proposals along with 89 per cent of young people from Tain Youth Forum who were questioned in a survey.

However, a report to Highland Council's Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross planning applications committee on Tuesday recommends the plan is rejected
http://news.scotsman.com/inverness/Planners-reject--Asda-despite.6231666.jp

Sarah
21-Apr-10, 00:17
I think we need more supermarkets, its good! Now we just need one in Kinlochbervie :D :p

ShelleyCowie
21-Apr-10, 08:33
Until it comes to Thurso i will stick to Lidl and Tesco! Lidl is my new found best friend! Compared prices with Tesco and Lidl comes out alot cheaper. Its crazy!

still get a few things from Tesco like nappies.

Would love an Asda with a clothing range, even just for kids. Their clothes seem to last forever and brilliant prices they are too!

riggerboy
21-Apr-10, 09:21
Until it comes to Thurso i will stick to Lidl and Tesco! Lidl is my new found best friend! Compared prices with Tesco and Lidl comes out alot cheaper. Its crazy!

still get a few things from Tesco like nappies.

Would love an Asda with a clothing range, even just for kids. Their clothes seem to last forever and brilliant prices they are too!

your little bairn will draw his pension before you`ll get asda

ducati
21-Apr-10, 09:33
I don't get this holy grail thing about Asda?

When I lived near livingston we could shop at Asda, Morrisons or Tesco at random and they are all pretty much the same ;)

Scarybiscuits03
21-Apr-10, 11:06
I would travel to Tain just for Asda's pizzas! Mmmm

bekisman
21-Apr-10, 12:13
I don't get this holy grail thing about Asda?

When I lived near livingston we could shop at Asda, Morrisons or Tesco at random and they are all pretty much the same ;)

Yep, within a mile or two in Leyland Lancs.; Morison, ASDA, Tesco, Somerfields (!), Sainsbury, Neto, Aldi, Lidl, Co-op which was nice..

Up here, I spoke to an old boy (older than me!) the other day, who complained about Tesco in Wick, said that Dunnets prices for fuel had come down, refused to accept that it was Tesco that had influenced the price.
Not too long ago, Thurso/Wick had the highest priced fuel on the UK mainland, and being out west fuel cost are important.. wonder why the price of fuel in Brora is so damn high.Hmmm?
And yes Riggerboy is right, don't ever think ASDA will ever get up here, after the debacle of those Councillors who turned em down.. :~(

Phill
21-Apr-10, 12:38
ASDA is the devil!

So's Tesco too I suppose, but ASDA is worserer!