PDA

View Full Version : The blue door cafe

beth210486
20-Apr-10, 13:28
Went to the blue door cafe today, it is newly opened in the wooden hut at thurso caravan park by the sea. The lady who runs it was very friendly and we all had the hot chocolate with the works and it was delicious. Also the cookies and scones with fresh cream and jam were fab. The scones are made daily as well as muffins and sandwiches. She is planning to extend the menu in the summer to do chips burgers etc as well. It was a lovely view over the sea. The tables are well spaced out so you don't have people from other tables listening in to your conversations and it's perfect for taking children and prams into.
Highly recommended.

Ash
20-Apr-10, 15:18
we went whilst out with the dog.... 2 lovely coffees, scones were very good. my daughter had a drink and a lovely roll which she was delighted with.... the place is lovely inside and the owner and her dad were lovely
:)

christina
20-Apr-10, 15:19
I can agree with that one. I have also been its really child friendly with lots of room:D. And really good value for money I had cheese roll, scone with jam and cream and hot chocolate and it only came to £4.70 will deffo be going back. Plus great views and the owner made you feel very welcome including the kids. Really friendly lady who went out of her way to help.

Dog-eared
21-Apr-10, 18:40
Very friendly and a nice place.

starflower
24-Apr-10, 09:35
I went there for the first time too and have to say it was lovely good view, lovely scones and the lady was lovely and very friendly great place to go after you have just been walking the dog :)

upolian
24-Apr-10, 10:15
Sounds good! Will have to give this a try:D

chamb
24-Apr-10, 10:38
does any one know what time they open

starflower
24-Apr-10, 17:40
we went about 10.30am, think it opens at about 10am, not sure what days it is open, :)

Moonboots
02-May-10, 13:06
Is it the Stewart Pavillion on the caravan site you are talking about..

sadam
24-May-10, 08:36
are the same place and it is the big brown building in the middle to the caravan park, newly opened and very reasonably priced

pottheed
26-May-10, 21:26
they are open from 10.30am till about 8pmisshhh and friday night between 5 and 7 is fish and chips night - VERY nice :)

they are open everyday apart from sunday and monday

mummieslilgirl
12-Jun-10, 11:36
Do they have somewhere to sit outside or are the people with dogs getting takeout? Nowhere seems to allow doggies :~( so would be gr8 if there does :D

buster01
16-Jun-10, 22:36
Hi
Was there myself today, what a gr8 we place, the lady told us today that they do fish and chips on a Friday between 5-7 fresh fish from the fish shop. well worth a visit

Burnside
17-Jun-10, 12:42
I think she will let you have a chair outside if you want to sit outside with your dog. I know I have seen other people do that.

Turquoise
17-Jun-10, 15:58
What things are on the menu just now then?

Rampant Rabbit
18-Jun-10, 16:03
one square of lorne sausage one fried egg one bit o bacon two slice o toast and coffee for two £11 i wiill stick to the perrie cafe far better and a lot more on your plate

b3n
19-Jun-10, 21:45
We went the other day, great service!

Got 2 coffees, 1 bottled water, 3 pancakes, 1 scone and 2 bacon rolls plus a cup of water all for 12.90.

Dadie
19-Jun-10, 21:59
WE loved it when we were in!
3 small kids, 1 of which is a baby were all catered for perfectly fine and I remembered to eat as well and had soup!
nice and relaxing as a mum of 3 and not having to worry about ps and qs with little people (though they are well behaved most of the time anyway) there is plenty of space to do time out if need be...or go outside!