PDA

View Full Version : hair tips

Ajax
19-Apr-10, 10:54
hi this one is for the girls my hair is so out of condition at the moment for some strange reason i used good shampoo and conditioner i get it cut every six weeks but the ends seem to dry up my hair is light brown blonde ant tips thanks

S&LHEN
19-Apr-10, 13:48
Leave a conditioner on it over night but wrap your hair round with cling film and sleep with it on if you can, then wash out in the morning works for me and I never go to hair dressers every 6 weeks.

Dadie
19-Apr-10, 13:51
Dont use straightners without heat protection spray and dont use them everyday!
Only comb wet hair save brushing it until it is very nearly dry!

ShelleyCowie
19-Apr-10, 13:53
Same advice as Dadie, use a heat protection spray all the time. I got an excellent spray from my hair dressers which is the one next to the Christian book shop in Thurso. It was about £8 for the bottle but well worth it, it also keeps your hair straight for longer.

And as someone else said, leave conditioner in, buy a big cheap bottle and just lash it on basically.

Kodiak
19-Apr-10, 15:42
The trend at the moment is for Haistylists to feather the ends of your hair when cutting. This can have the effect of weakening the ends and casue them to split. So I would advise the next time you get your hair cut at a Stylist get them to Club Cut the ends and this will help with your split ends.

Leaving a conditioner on your hair overnight will make no difference what-so-ever. All you need to do is to buy a Good Quality Conditioner and follow the instructions that come with it.

Oh yes and before you ladies ask what to yo know about Hairdressing I must say that I am a Fully Qualified Ladies Hairstylist. I was Apprenticed for 3 Years, an Improver for 2 Years and I have my City and Guilds in Ladies Hairdressing. Not only that but I ran a Very Successful Ladies Hair-Stylists in Dundee for many years and all my Family were or are Ladies Hair-Stylists.

S&LHEN
19-Apr-10, 15:50
Without starting an argument this works for me as it has many other people and reguardless of your qualifications just because something works for one person it doesnt mean it will work for the next.
So as many ideas for her to try out is advisable as then she will find one that works for her hair.

The trend at the moment is for Haistylists to feather the ends of your hair when cutting. This can have the effect of weakening the ends and casue them to split. So I would advise the next time you get your hair cut at a Stylist get them to Club Cut the ends and this will help with your split ends.

Leaving a conditioner on your hair overnight will make no difference what-so-ever. All you need to do is to buy a Good Quality Conditioner and follow the instructions that come with it.

Oh yes and before you ladies ask what to yo know about Hairdressing I must say that I am a Fully Qualified Ladies Hairstylist. I was Apprenticed for 3 Years, an Improver for 2 Years and I have my City and Guilds in Ladies Hairdressing. Not only that but I ran a Very Successful Ladies Hair-Stylists in Dundee for many years and all my Family were or are Ladies Hair-Stylists.

Kodiak
19-Apr-10, 16:06
Without starting an argument this works for me as it has many other people and reguardless of your qualifications just because something works for one person it doesnt mean it will work for the next.
So as many ideas for her to try out is advisable as then she will find one that works for her hair.

Fine if this is what you want to do and you are happy, great. All I am saying is that leaving any conditioner on your hair overnight will make no difference.

I know that you will not believe me but I am not worried in the slightest, as long as you are happy enduring your hair covered in a Conditioner and wrapped in Cling Film all night.

I only passed on some simple advice that I have picked up through years of experience and if anyone finds it useful fine, if no one pays any attention to my advise then fine as well.

horseman
19-Apr-10, 16:08
Without causing any arguments,my eldest daughter is a highly up there hairy dresser ,an she goes along with the 'leave the conditioner on overnight plot' food for thought,my wife has a fab looking head of hair ,an it is all down to Maria's ministrations! (an royal jelly)!:)

S&LHEN
19-Apr-10, 16:23
Please dont take offence, But yes it does make a diffrence as just leaving in for 5 minutes as it says on the back of bottle doesnt work the same, If you leave it in overnight and wash out in the morning not only is it nutritioned its also super soft and with time no split ends also my hair is super shiny and ive not been to the hairdressers in over a year and when I need a trim I do it myself, and thats with dyeing and straightning often if thats not impressive I dont know what is, The fact it can be in as good condition and shiny is amazing.
The amount of abuse my hair takes is incredible.
(My sister too is a qualified hairdresser and has been for 20+yrs and worked in salons in Glasgow but in my opinion this is not relevant)
Please dont take this personally im in no way critisizing you, im only giving my personel opinion.

Fine if this is what you want to do and you are happy, great. All I am saying is that leaving any conditioner on your hair overnight will make no difference.

I know that you will not believe me but I am not worried in the slightest, as long as you are happy enduring your hair covered in a Conditioner and wrapped in Cling Film all night.

I only passed on some simple advice that I have picked up through years of experience and if anyone finds it useful fine, if no one pays any attention to my advise then fine as well.

veekay
19-Apr-10, 18:32
If all else fails there is always a brown paper bag:lol:

Westsider3
19-Apr-10, 18:43
I find using a semi-permanent, washes out in 6-8 weeks hair dye works wonders for my hair when it is annoying me!! It seems to coat and thicken the hair and makes it more manageable. Plus it gives it a fantastic shine! Works for me anyway! Hope you get hair joy soon!!

purplelady
19-Apr-10, 22:01
My advice is speak to your hairdresser or take the advice from one sounds to me like kodaik knows wat they are talking about

Vistravi
19-Apr-10, 22:33
I find changing my shampoo every so often helps. I use conditoner every second day and that keeps it soft and shiny. I've been having issues with mine during my pregnancy and i have found that using cheap tea tree shampoo ans conditioner has solved my problem. My problem however is not split ends its dry skin. Changing the shampoo and conditioner every so often has always helped me when i have a problem with mine.

My advice though is if you dye your hair regurlay do not just use a colour protect shampoo and conditioner. Use a moistorising one as dying your hair dries it out. My sister has this problem but she only uses shampoo that protects the colour hence why her hair is suffering atm.

teenybash
19-Apr-10, 22:42
Excluding damage caused to hair through the use of colourants, straightners even weather etc, the quality of your hair starts on the inside.....what you put into your body. A good diet is reflected in your hair, nails and skin.
Good supplements can help and effects are noticeable within a week to 10 days............Marine collagen and or Slippery elm.....Sometimes over washing can damage the hair shaft leading to dryness and split ends....

*Martin*
19-Apr-10, 23:06
Get a number 2! It'll be far less hassle and you'll feel much fresher if we get a Summer.

crayola
20-Apr-10, 00:58
I stopped using straighteners a couple of years ago and the difference has been amazing. :)