PDA

View Full Version : Ben Ratha's hill race Saturday

Errogie
19-Apr-10, 09:22
Will any of the Mey 10 K participants be fitting this one in as a training run?

A great opportunity to get some race fitness and try the unique experience of running uphill through heather. I hope to be up on Wednesday night for a few days acclimatisation training before the event at 2.30 from Reay golf club.

porshiepoo
19-Apr-10, 10:29
Never heard of it. :eek:

Dog-eared
19-Apr-10, 10:56
Its been on every year for yonks.

Errogie
20-Apr-10, 11:33
Organised by North Highland Harriers, Thurso. Check their web site.

canuck
20-Apr-10, 14:30

A great opportunity to get some race fitness and try the unique experience of running uphill through heather. I hope to be up on Wednesday night for a few days acclimatisation training before the event at 2.30 from Reay golf club.

Good luck with the run.

I heard Adam playing his 'Road to Errogie' on the radio on Sunday evening. It was fabulous!!!

Moira
20-Apr-10, 21:46

All the best Errogie.

I was well ahead with my training programme for the Castle of Mey 10K last year despite damaging one knee during training. A slip on the ice damaged my "good" knee and put paid to my attempt to prove myself "fit". Needless to say I didn't enter this year. :lol:

Errogie
20-Apr-10, 22:37
Moira, the human knee is a marvellously designed body part but has to cope with turning, braking, accelaration and suspension and bending movements just like the drive shafts in a front wheel drive car. No wonder it sometimes finds it all too much.

Good luck with the healing process and I guess you've already been told to build up those important support quadricep muscles.

Moira
20-Apr-10, 22:51
Oh yes Errogie, I've had the very best of advice & treatment. I've reverted to Plan "A" for this year at least. This was Hubby's advice when he told me to act my age and give up. Acting my age will be difficult but he should have known better than tell me to give up.... :lol:

golach
20-Apr-10, 22:55
. This was Hubby's advice when he told me to act my age and give up. Acting my age will be difficult but he should have known better than tell me to give up.... :lol:

You act your age Moira???? LOL aye right :D

Moira
20-Apr-10, 23:05
You act your age Moira???? LOL aye right :D

You're right Golach. I am 42 and act like the timeless, ageless, fool I really am at times :Razz

golach
20-Apr-10, 23:07
You're right Golach. I am 42 and act like the timeless, ageless, fool I really am at times :Razz
Your like a good Brandy Moira [lol]