PDA

View Full Version : camera problems

Jenni
18-Apr-10, 21:53
Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with my digital camera? When I switch it on the lens pops out as normal but retracts straight back in. This usually happens when the batteries are flat but it is doing it all the time even with new batteries. It powers up but switches straight back off again. It is not a fancy camera, just for taking everyday snaps with and I am gutted as we have just got a new puppy and am desperate to take photos of him. Is there anywhere in Thurso that would repair it for me if need be?

wicker05
18-Apr-10, 22:07
Long shot here Jenni, try leaving the batteries out for about 15mins, then replace them, also make sure battery contacts are clean, may work.

Jenni
19-Apr-10, 22:51
I have tried that and no luck I'm afraid.

Sarah
19-Apr-10, 23:58
Is it a Kodak by any chance? Kodak's doing this is quite common, my last 2 Kodak's went this way and to have them fixed was going to cost more than the camera was worth. I wouldn't have another Kodak!

Try contacting the camera company, whatever name it is.

dx100uk
20-Apr-10, 01:47
type the make and model number and problem into a search engine.

typically , a good square bang on the its flat side works with many models.....

yes its true, have a read!!

down to grit/dirt on the sensors or dirt shutter

dx

Jenni
20-Apr-10, 06:48
The camera is actually a Hitachi.

I took a dry cotton bud and rubbed the battery sensors and then when the lens popped out I quickly rubbed it too before it shot back in again. Nothing very techy there at all but nonetheless it seems to have worked. I am delighted - will be able to start taking pics of the new puppy now and catch him at this cute stage before he grows up too quickly.

Thanks for advice.
Jenni

dx100uk
20-Apr-10, 20:04
well done

dx