PDA

View Full Version : Party bags

Dadie
18-Apr-10, 20:57
Dillema...
Do I go for the pile of tat eg. balloon, plastic toy watch, blower etc?
Or would a stickerbook and piece of cake go down better?
Party will be for my girls who will be 2 and 4 and their pals...
As for party games... I have hired the bouncy castle ... will the kids actually want to play any?
Food is sorted I think apart from the cake.
Anyone know who will be able to do a hello kitty cake or will I be better off buying a cake topper from ebay:lol:

Cupcake
18-Apr-10, 21:41
Dillema...
Do I go for the pile of tat eg. balloon, plastic toy watch, blower etc?
Or would a stickerbook and piece of cake go down better?
Party will be for my girls who will be 2 and 4 and their pals...
As for party games... I have hired the bouncy castle ... will the kids actually want to play any?
Food is sorted I think apart from the cake.
Anyone know who will be able to do a hello kitty cake or will I be better off buying a cake topper from ebay:lol:
Hi, I think a sticker book and cake would be better than a bag with little things in, the kids will probs spend more time at that than wee things, probs work out about the same cost too!! Been to a few kids parties over the last while and it seems to be all bouncy castles, they dont seem to be all that interested in games now..... shame too really cos there was nothing like a good game of musical chairs or pass the parcel!! Macdonalds bakery would be able to do a Kitty cake for your girls.

Dadie
18-Apr-10, 21:49
Thought that games would be too much work:lol:
As I will have Euan there too .... and if I have to feed him ... everything else would grind to a halt... besides at the last few parties I have been to with the horrors the kids dont want to get off the castle to play the games!
Looking at the stickerbooks the bookpeople have and they looked nicer than a pile of the usual bits and pieces you normally get at a kids party but was wondering if the kids would prefer the usual bits!
It would be about the same price to do either!

sweetpea
18-Apr-10, 23:48
Personally I wouldn't bother with party bags, give them something else instead?:confused

christina
19-Apr-10, 07:04
When I did the party bags for my sons party. I just put cake, bubbles and a sticker page. It seemed to go down well and kids love stickers. Better than the usual plastic rubbish they dont play with. I was saving money so just gave them each a page out of the book. The 99p shop have lots of sticker books in there.

wicker8
19-Apr-10, 08:02
hi dadie i think the sticker books are much more thoughtfull and they usual bits are just rubbish the little ones will sit amused with the stickers more than a plastic watch and like cupcake said macdonalds are very good they will do a hello kitty cake and the cake its self is very tasty

brandy
19-Apr-10, 08:19
sticker books go down a treat..and bubbles are something else you cant go wrong with.. and fot some odd reason it is almost a rule you have to put a balloon in. as for games.. a good one is musical bums and statues. its not hard and if they wander off its no big deal.
ohhh and you can just take a hello kitty picture to either the bakery or tescos and have it put on a cake.

Dadie
19-Apr-10, 09:24
*laughs*
I would have to take 1 of Laurens tops.
God knows how they would scan it especially as she would want to be wearing that!
Scanning a small child I can just see her little legs hanging out the copier!

Sage
19-Apr-10, 09:29
just do a google images search for Hello Kitty - there are tons of photos on there, print one out and take it to the bakers :D

No matter what you give the kids in their party bags, with a bouncy castle & cake they'll have a great time!

Dadie
19-Apr-10, 10:09
Just waiting to get a new printer as our 1 died!
What is it with electrical appliances in my house at the moment:eek:

I am not going to do the outdoing the last party bag game that seems popular with mums these days either!
Some parties had partybags that looked like each child had won a big prize in them!

shamrock2007
19-Apr-10, 12:49
Sticker book & cake will go down much better. My son was 4 a few weeks ago & we gave easter eggs & cake. Much more appreciated by the parents. We played pass the parcel, musical statues & musical bumps they all seem to enjoy it. I put a sweetie under each layer in pass the parcel then remove the child once they have won.

2boyz1girl
19-Apr-10, 13:02
Tesco have Hello Kitty cakes I'm sure, in Thurso anyway. Party bags are a hard 1. The kids get dissapointed if they don't get a wee bag off goodies. My daughter recently had her party and I put Hello Kitty plastic egg things in their bags along with a sweetie bracelet, a bead bracelet(hope they never tried to eat that 1:roll:), kinder sweetie and bobbles for their hair. It was cute little bratz hanbag party bags that i got but another thing that's good is a large plastic cup and wrap with cellophene and ribbon. I think it is so much easier to have the bags ready the day before coz it's stressful stuff kids parties!! Let them eat cake at the party, saves wrapping it too.:Razz Have fun.

Hen Broon
19-Apr-10, 13:12
I'm sure You can put a picture on a USB stick for tesco if you have one.

NLP
19-Apr-10, 13:43
Last party my one went to she got a sticker book and sm box of chocolates in the party bag was delighted, did moan that she didn't get a balloon it seems they are a must. A lot of parties we go to now as well as a party bag the children are given a gift on the way out.