PDA

View Full Version : Halkirk Sports Centre

JimH
30-May-06, 12:38
I see that the full application for planning is in. I wonder what difference it will make to the life in the village. Must be good for all who would use it.

footie chick
30-May-06, 12:57
How much are they going to charge? Its all very well getting funding to build it how are they going to manage to keep it open? Hopefully local clubs will get some sort of discount for regular use.

mccaugm
30-May-06, 13:09
I think they are going to hold corporate events...and yes its an ambitious project....but I cannot wait...its a footer for me to go to Thurso or Wick to use their facilities.

Billy Boy
30-May-06, 13:09
i would think it would make a big impact on the village all for the good,people from near and far will come and use it,and bring extra money in to the village,it can only be good surely?

JimH
30-May-06, 13:12
I totally agree with you.
I have no idea what the membership policy will be, but I await a comment from any person involved with the project.

Astra
31-May-06, 22:36
not so good for them that live in wick or futher a field .

JimH
31-May-06, 22:47
not so good for them that live in wick or futher a field .
Am I right in thinking that Halkirk is not that far from anywhere in Caithness.

connieb19
31-May-06, 22:53
Am I right in thinking that Halkirk is not that far from anywhere in Caithness.Exactly, it's just in the ideal place so that people from Wick or Thurso can go..:D

Astra
31-May-06, 23:05
Thurso is only 7 mile from Halkrik and wick is 15 but not only that John O Groats , Dunbeath. Anyway has halkrik got the population to keep it busy mind it is costing million to build and that money has to be made back.

JimH
31-May-06, 23:20
Thurso is only 7 mile from Halkrik and wick is 15 but not only that John O Groats , Dunbeath. Anyway has halkrik got the population to keep it busy mind it is costing million to build and that money has to be made back.
I think you will find that the bulk of the cost is donated by an Expat villager and grants.
I think Dunbeath and John o Groats are within 25 mile of the village.
Sorry, I just checked and J o G is 26 miles.