PDA

View Full Version : RIP Grampian Television...

mccaugm
30-May-06, 12:21
Yet again the Highlands have been centralised. Our T.V. channel has been changed to STV. I didn't mind the channel being controlled by Glasgow/Edinburgh but why change our logo? [evil]

angela5
30-May-06, 12:28
Yet again the Highlands have been centralised. Our T.V. channel has been changed to STV. I didn't mind the channel being controlled by Glasgow/Edinburgh but why change our logo? [evil]

Thanks, i thought i was seeing things....STV.:roll:

Mr P Cannop
30-May-06, 12:40
so we get news from edinburgh areas ??

willowbankbear
30-May-06, 12:51
Couldnt see anything wrong with "Grampian TV" myself, Can any1 mind at presenter Kennedy Thomson? He was there for yonks when I was wee

footie chick
30-May-06, 12:55
so we get news from edinburgh areas ??

No change there then we never seem to get local ie north of Inverness news unless its a really big story.

ŠAmethyst
30-May-06, 13:03
I bet there won't be anything about kids bein chased by gangs with samurai swords and baseball bats (sorry, really angry that this happened in Caithness... you don't even see that in Inverness!)

mccaugm
30-May-06, 13:04
Yup remember him when I was little as well.

...and the comment re the news....everything seems to happen to south of the Ord....LOL.

mccaugm
30-May-06, 13:05
:confused
I bet there won't be anything about kids bein chased by gangs with samurai swords and baseball bats (sorry, really angry that this happened in Caithness... you don't even see that in Inverness!)

Could you elaborate...as I don't know about this???

footie chick
30-May-06, 13:19
is on other Did you hear???? thread

Billy Boy
30-May-06, 13:28
i thought it was r.i.p grampian tv year's ago,they show nothing but rubbish anyway[lol]

The Pepsi Challenge
30-May-06, 14:17
It's not as if there was much news going on in the Highlands and Grampian areas anyway. Face it, Glasgow and Edinburgh is Scotland... in the STV's eyes anyway.

Incedentally, anyone hear about the Press & Journal's headline re: the sinking of the Titanic?

NORTH EAST MAN LOST AT SEA

Quality.

Gogglebox
30-May-06, 14:55
Couldnt see anything wrong with "Grampian TV" myself, Can any1 mind at presenter Kennedy Thomson? He was there for yonks when I was wee

I remember him

My favourite was Jimmy Spankie

They say its bad for your vision!!!

He even came to Thurso to be speaker at Gala one year I seem to recall

A North East Legend

And of course there was Selina Scott - -More legs than legend!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
30-May-06, 21:40
Grew up with STV.Always thought when I was wee that Grampian Tv was all about sheep and crofts.Ye would see clips on STV of programmes made by Grampian and it would be all about tractors.

Must admit when I migrated North,that Grampian was a lot more like a community channel.STV only had one good programme anyway,Glen Michaels Calvacade on a Sunday afternoon.:lol: :lol:

krieve
30-May-06, 21:55
I have not really noticed any difference apart from the name [smirk] i suppose it doesn't really matter.

willowbankbear
31-May-06, 16:31
[quote=Gogglebox]I remember him

My favourite was Jimmy Spankie

They say its bad for your vision!!!

He even came to Thurso to be speaker at Gala one year I seem to recall

A North East Legend

And of course there was Selina Scott - -More legs than legend![/quote

http://img309.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kennedythompson1ro.jpg

Now it turns oot the man is dead, RIP

rfr10
31-May-06, 17:46
STV is just grampian TV and Scottish TV put together, it says it on their website.

dunderheed
31-May-06, 17:52
both stv and grampian have been owned by the same company for years (smg) it was only a matter of time before they merged the names

pultneytooner
31-May-06, 18:23
both stv and grampian have been owned by the same company for years (smg) it was only a matter of time before they merged the names Wanadoo, the internet provider and orange are doing the same thing in that they are doing away with the wanadoo name and bringing them both under the name orange.

krieve
31-May-06, 20:46
I noticed that today pultneytooner the webmail looks a bit strange but i will get used to it .

Chillie
01-Jun-06, 00:25
STV is just grampian TV and Scottish TV put together, it says it on their website.

They are both part of the SMG.

dunderheed
01-Jun-06, 07:53
I noticed that today pultneytooner the webmail looks a bit strange but i will get used to it .

they have also changed the format of their homepage, luckily i got an email and a snail mail from them telling me or i would have been wondering what was going on.

krieve
01-Jun-06, 12:30
they have also changed the format of their homepage, luckily i got an email and a snail mail from them telling me or i would have been wondering what was going on.

The homepage was normal yesterday now it's strange:roll: my first impression is i don't like it maybe i'm a creature of habit.[lol]

futurelegends
01-Jun-06, 23:00
What Continuity Man Used to Wish Us A Ginger Peachy Goodnight on Grampian when it used to shut down at night?

Can you Remember that?

Kingetter
01-Jun-06, 23:09
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i102/OpenandShut/tombstone.jpg

The End!

mccaugm
02-Jun-06, 13:12
Kingetter, loved that piccie.

Still getting irritated by the new logo.....[evil]

Kingetter
02-Jun-06, 13:19
Kingetter, loved that piccie.

Still getting irritated by the new logo.....[evil]

have you another theme I could use a tombstone for?

Niall Fernie
02-Jun-06, 14:43
Move over Grampian, here's TV.Caithness.Org (http://tv.caithness.org) ... :roll:

Kingetter
02-Jun-06, 14:53
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i102/OpenandShut/TV.gif

krieve
02-Jun-06, 15:05
I like it Kingetter [lol]

Niall Fernie
02-Jun-06, 15:25
We just need more videos, would be nice to get some more on by next week. I'm going to record some more driving around the town, for example, centre of town to the Trinky, Town to Sinclair & Girnigoe Castles, that type of thing. I only have 6 minutes of high quality recording time, so any other suggestions of short routes around the county would be great. I'm thinking of also doing bits like "how to find the Whalligoe Steps" and other local landmarks. So PM yer ideas and I'll add them to my list.

willowbankbear
02-Jun-06, 19:05
How to catch a fish, you could show that dvd to charlatans for tomorrow, He might start to take the hint thats why were out in the boat[lol] [lol]

Niall Fernie
02-Jun-06, 19:48
Not a bad idea that...

The clips of the driving were recorded on my digital camera, most these days seem to have a video function on them, so perhaps instead of just a photo of "the first fish landed at/by .... this year" we could have it on video (or both).

The head-rest in our car is just right for holding my camera (with the aid of a bit of packing foam) but I may have to invest in a tripod for any other type of filming. (probably should get a digi-video cam as well)

Now that I've sussed converting Windows Media to a proper format, I'd like to encourage any budding programme makers to have a look at Windows Movie Maker (part of Windows XP) as a cheap and reasonably effective way of joining clips from a digi/video camera. As the award-winning pupils of Hillhead Primary School have shown the results could well rival the likes of the late Grampian TV.

willowbankbear
02-Jun-06, 19:53
Not a bad idea that...

The clips of the driving were recorded on my digital camera, most these days seem to have a video function on them, so perhaps instead of just a photo of "the first fish landed at/by .... this year" we could have it on video (or both).

The head-rest in our car is just right for holding my camera (with the aid of a bit of packing foam) but I may have to invest in a tripod for any other type of filming. (probably should get a digi-video cam as well)

Now that I've sussed converting Windows Media to a proper format, I'd like to encourage any budding programme makers to have a look at Windows Movie Maker (part of Windows XP) as a cheap and reasonably effective way of joining clips from a digi/video camera. As the award-winning pupils of Hillhead Primary School have shown the results could well rival the likes of the late Grampian TV.

May I borrow yer camera for tomorrow night, Its my last Saturday night driving till breakfast time & Im sure all you Orgers would wet yerselves at the outcome, Id see a lot of things I generally miss.:Razz

Niall Fernie
02-Jun-06, 20:07
You need one of those "widescreen" rear view mirrors :)

I'd have thought all yer vehicles would be getting cctv these days. With 24/7 live internet streaming, Saturday night would be pay-per-view :lol: