PDA

View Full Version : What's yer favorite drink?

simian sally
25-Apr-04, 00:06
What's yer favorite drink?

I'm G&T woman masel'. I like a guid night oot, a few G&T's, and plenty o' fun an' laffs wi' ma pals.

How's about you?

squidge
25-Apr-04, 15:01
Lol Sally you and i might get on girl lol

I am a G and T girl myself especially in the summer mmmmmmmm. My dad makes the best gin and tonics in the world , nice big slug of gin in a tall glass, topped up with schweppes, lots of ice and a slice of lemon - sublime!!!!. Drank in the garden in the sunshine with some good company - cant be beaten. The rest of the time you cant beat a nice glass of red wine yummmmmmmmmmy

kenimac1
25-Apr-04, 17:50
The wife and I both drink Morgans spiced rum and coke in copious quantities.

jjc
25-Apr-04, 21:08
A fresh, straight-from-the-fridge-cold, bottle of Stella does for me... In fact, I have one chilling as I type... Mmmmmm :D

gleeber
25-Apr-04, 21:19
Irn Bru.......made from girders

nessman
25-Apr-04, 21:33
Ye canna beat 20 pints of tartan special and a big greasy kebab. :p

munron
26-Apr-04, 07:45
Definately G & T (Bombay Sapphire mmmm) with loads of ice and a slice of lime

Oh roll on barbie season.....

Anonymous
26-Apr-04, 10:27
COFFEE :eek:

Donnie
26-Apr-04, 12:11
Jack Daniels, first one is always straight and then with coke after that.

Mr P Cannop
26-Apr-04, 14:40
Tea :D

AR
26-Apr-04, 18:42
loadsa vodka 'n' red bull, but then I lose my memory................. :confused

htwood
26-Apr-04, 19:07
Bitter lemon, even Safeways brand is ok. I never drive over the Ord without a 2 liter bottle available.
Hey, if ya eat a bag of crisps, then swig alot of lukewarm diet bitter lemon....you can burp so loud, your caithness friends know yer on yer way.
BTW, thats just a rumor, I would never do such a thing. :cool:

acameron
26-Apr-04, 21:22
are you sure that was a "burp" I heard Helen?

htwood
26-Apr-04, 21:38
AC, put on your scientist's thinking cap.....salty crisps + fizzy water = UP AND OOT. Mind yer science experiments in school, with vinegar and baking soda? :eyes

I'm willing to give it a go, but I'll need a verified witness, and it has to be at 100kmp at Berriedale to get the full shakeup. Heaven only knows what will happen, I've never tried this, its only rumors.

Again, bitter lemon is the bestest thing in the world. Its hard to find in shops here, I've even tried to make it with Indian tonic and lemons...how desperate is that.
Irn Bru is second fave. As for Voddie and RedBull, there's nuthin worse than a wide awake drunk.

George Brims
26-Apr-04, 21:57
That all depends - what are we having to eat?

For pub drinking, Guinness.

With a steak off the barbie, a full bodied Merlot.

For a cold winter's night, a wee glass of Old Pulteney. Well, maybe two. All, right, you've twisted my arm, I'll just have a third.

Doolally
26-Apr-04, 22:01
Make mine a Spiced Rum and Coke please!! Oh and I'll have a pint of a nice dark beer to go with it.

Kenn
26-Apr-04, 22:15
Give me red red wine..cabernet sauvignon with a dash of merlot. Mind you gbrims I'll have a dram of that malt yer drinking!

beermonster
28-Apr-04, 21:09
Real Beer!!! :D

rich
28-Apr-04, 21:26
Australian Cabernet Shiraz. Accompanied by a medium rare steak with flash fried mushrooms and Belgian style frites (with garlic mayo) and a long legged blonde in a black dress.
Yummie!

simian sally
07-May-04, 00:30
Thanks for the invite Rich. Sounds good. I assume you are paying. :D

Where are we going? I know a nice wee place just off Union St......

Anonymous
07-May-04, 10:05
hmmm, Irn-Bru and Bitter Lemon, what colour would that be????

Sounds like it might taste quite fine though...

Not Banned in the USA : Schweppes Bitter Lemon (http://www.sodaking.com/product_info.php?products_id=387)

simian sally
09-May-04, 21:38
hmmm, Irn-Bru and Bitter Lemon, what colour would that be????

Pale Brown? Again, 'nuff said.

Sounds like it might taste quite fine though...

I doubt it, exta-sickly sugary-sweet irn-bru and bitterish bitter lemon :( Sounds horrendous.

Please try it and let us know.

simian sally
14-May-04, 01:31
Rich, it's not polite to keep a lady waiting.