PDA

View Full Version : Trying to track down a photo business

happy_83
18-Apr-10, 14:08
A few years ago we contact a man in Thurso and got him to produce a beautiful painting using photos that we gave him.

I’d like to contact him again about possibly producing another one for me, but unfortunately can not for the life of me remember who he was! I’ve had a quick look at photography on the org business pages but clicking on the links did not bring up the result I was hoping for.

I know he did have a website at one point cause we allowed him permission to use a photo of the finished product on his website.

Does anyone remember a man in Thurso who did this? / If I can still get in touch with him etc?

I suspect this may be a long shot but any help would be greatly appreciated :o)

Blarney
19-Apr-10, 00:05
Was he a photographer or an artist? :confused

Kodiak
19-Apr-10, 14:50
Was he a photographer or an artist? :confused

By the description of producing a Painting from photographs I would assume he was an Artist.

There are Numerous excellent artists in Caithness who would be more than capable of doing this.

What is the subject matter you want painted, I ask as some painters are better doing landscapes and some better painting Portraits ect, ect. Also what medium do you want the painting done in, Oil, Water colour or Acrylic? Again some artists only paint in one Medium.

Also as just a thought, if this person Painted a Picture for you, did he not Sign it as most artists would sign any Painting they were selling. If it was signed then you would get his name from his signature.

Torvaig
19-Apr-10, 15:07
Could it be Frank S. Begg, The Toll Gallery, Bridgend, Thurso?
If that rings a bell ..... telephone 01847 893 256! :)

happy_83
25-Apr-10, 21:01
Hi Everyone,
Thank you for your replys, i think i have tracked the person down now.
Oh and thank you for the hint about the signature :D