PDA

View Full Version : Legoland (Windsor) & Chessington WOA

Bobinovich
18-Apr-10, 00:34
Planning taking the kids down in the Summer and would be interested to know of others who have been and of their experiences. Was thinking of 2 days at each - is that sufficient? too much? If the latter it might leave a day for sightseeing in London - if so what would you recommend for 8 & 10 year olds (plus a big kid :D).

Any help / thoughts welcome. Hoping to fly from Inverness to Gatwick as don't fancy that length of journey in the car or train. Also any recommendations on accommodation?

DRM
18-Apr-10, 00:56
Just came back last week from logo Windsor .
You will need 2 days there with the kids at least and best is to hire a "Q-BOT" its an electronic virtual queing system that allows you to book a ride without standing in a que for hours but cost an extra £10 per person but well worth it as it tells you how long you have to wait and wich rides are open or closed etc but you can only book 1 ride at a time with it . Lots of places to eat etc and prices not too bad . you can book your tickets on line and print them off before you go and just go straight to the turnstiles and scan them in and you can book for different days and not 2 consecutinve days on the same ticket . we went on Wed and Sat, Wed wasnt too bad but Sat was really busy
Give an email etc if you want more info
and Enjoy -- I did
Ps dont buy the photos - they are £10 each but you can buy a usb wrist band and get hem uploaded on to it for £4 each wristband is £10 to start with

joxville
18-Apr-10, 00:58
I've been to both several times, personally I preferred Legoland, but that's the kid in me, (plus it's closer to where I live). :) Chessington is good too, as well as the theme park you also get admission to the zoo, though the downside is after paying a lot of money to get into the park you then find side stalls wanting more money from you. They also both charge a small fortune in food prices, though Legoland has lockers which you can use, £1 per use-non refundable, which you can store a food bag in. I'd allow just one day for each park, I'd find it difficult to spend two days in each, but be prepared for loooooong queues.

You'll love it just as much as the kids so go along and have a great time, let the kid in you out. :)

Venture
18-Apr-10, 01:03
I went to Legoland a few years ago Bob and it was brilliant. I can remember having to queue a lot for different rides etc but it was worth the wait. Maybe if you take DRM's advice it will be easier. You'll need lots of dosh with you though it can be an expensive visit when you have more than one child. Lots of goodies on offer. Enjoy it, I know I did.:lol:

There are some really good open top bus tours in London and of course there is the London Eye. Both must do's if you visit.

Bobinovich
18-Apr-10, 01:08
LOL Cheers folks - all sounds like fun but think a 2nd mortgage may be needed :lol:!

joxville
18-Apr-10, 01:20
Follow DRM'S advice, his visit is more recent than my last one so more relevent to meet your needs. You may be able to get discount vouchers online, as well as promotional offers on some products which allow two-for-one entry at both parks, though for the life of me I can't recall the one I binned two weeks ago :roll:. I'll keep the peepers peeled for vouchers, maay be able to send them to you if time allows. When do you plan on visiting?

ShelleyCowie
18-Apr-10, 11:02
Planning taking the kids down in the Summer and would be interested to know of others who have been and of their experiences. Was thinking of 2 days at each - is that sufficient? too much? If the latter it might leave a day for sightseeing in London - if so what would you recommend for 8 & 10 year olds (plus a big kid :D).

Any help / thoughts welcome. Hoping to fly from Inverness to Gatwick as don't fancy that length of journey in the car or train. Also any recommendations on accommodation?

Take me with you! Thats the only advice i will give!! [lol]

brandy
18-Apr-10, 11:09
you can also use tesco vouchers for lego land. we are def. heading there this summer and as a great bonus we wont have to wait in ques as they are super disabled friendly! have already spoken to them, and because of bens autism and the problem of standing in long lines we are able to get a pass to jump the ques. have to bring documentation to prove his disability but quite happy to.
that is the only thing that he has asked for is legoland.
saying that.. i have enough legos in my house to build legoland i think!

Fluff
18-Apr-10, 12:31
Bob, Legoland is a must! It is brilliant, I am not one for rides and roller-coasters but in Legoland there is still plenty to do. I was not so taken with Chessington, the Zoo was ok, nothing amazing. The park felt a bit run down and as Jox said, the stalls just want more money from you. Chessington is better for the rides than the zoo. You would be better spending the day at London Zoo I think.
Sightseeing in London, if they like war stuff, the Imperial War Museum is good. If not kids love the science museum. There is also the Aquarium (which is pretty much right beside the London Eye) You will NOT be bored lol!
Accommodation, staying London will never be cheap, Travel Inn or somewhere like that. You can always stay just outside of London and train it in (the trains offer 2-4-1 for alot of attractions too)
Just send me a message for more info. I am a big kid and when I move down I did alot of the tourist stuff lol

brandy
18-Apr-10, 13:05
also, remember that if the kids are under 11 that the public transport is free for kids. that includes the underground and buses. so makes it a lot cheaper getting into london and about on public transpot.. also something to remember.. the trains wait for no one! jump on jump off no waiting about .. the doors will close dosent matter if your on or off the train!