PDA

View Full Version : 'The Triangle'

fender
30-May-06, 07:35
Can anyone out there please help? If you watched this series over the weekend featuring Sam Neil about the Bermuda Triangle can you please explain what the ending was all about?
The final moments where the journalist dropped the Spanish sailors cross into his fishtank. What was that all about? Did I miss something that made this event significant?

candyfloss
30-May-06, 09:32
The 1st part was ok, the 2nd part i got a bit lost and it was very weird, we taped the 3rd part last night, i've got a funny feeling i'm going to be as :confused: as you are

Whitewater
30-May-06, 09:37
It was laughable, but I watched it just to see how the idea hehind it.(sometimes I like watching rubbish). I suppose the Si Fi people would have enjoyed it.

scorrie
30-May-06, 10:12
Can anyone out there please help? If you watched this series over the weekend featuring Sam Neil about the Bermuda Triangle can you please explain what the ending was all about?
The final moments where the journalist dropped the Spanish sailors cross into his fishtank. What was that all about? Did I miss something that made this event significant?

Spoiler alert. Don't read if you didn't watch yet!!

If you saw episode one, the Spanish sailors looked to the sky and saw a modern day oil tanker. The implication was that this was around the time of Christopher Columbus. Basically, there was a "tear", allowing people and vessels to be swallowed into another time. By trying to fix this the Navy were about to actually make it worse. By travelling back in time to save the other guy from drowning in the car, one character was able to circumvent some of the things that happened "first time around" and they were able to convince the Navy that, by doing nothing, the whole thing would sort itself out. This duly happened and the shipping magnate's missing brother was now in charge of the company and claimed to know nothing of the agreement they had if they solved the mystery. It looked like our heroes had come up empty but a cheque arrived for the agreed amount with the cross included. This was probably retrieved by the brother from his "visit" to Columbus' time. It also linked up the start and finish of the series.

Pure hokum but enjoyable enough to pass a whiley.

Ricco
30-May-06, 11:47
Nope - still confused...:roll:

fender
30-May-06, 12:54
Scorrie - Great. It now makes sense, The reporter jumping into the 'void' is the key to the end. Thanks very much. I can now sleep.