PDA

View Full Version : interesting Email I received

Chobbersjnr
17-Apr-10, 15:41
Makes you think, does it not?

Subject: Police rules - interesting

UK’s Bedfordshire Police’s rules regarding terrorists and dangerous criminals:

If they’re non-Muslim

• Consider the most opportune time of day to be able to arrest suspects with minimum resistance
• Apply all necessary force to enter the premises and arrest suspects accordingly.

If they’re Muslim:

• Community leaders must be consulted before raids into Muslim houses.
• Officers must not search occupied bedrooms and bathrooms before dawn.
• Use of police dogs will be considered serious desecration of the premises.
• Cameras and camcorders should not be used in case capturing women in inappropriate dress.
• If people are praying at home officers should stand aside and not disrupt the prayer. They should be allowed the opportunity to finish.
• Officers should take their shoes off before raiding a Muslim house.
• The reasons for pre-dawn raids on Muslim houses needs to be clear and transparent.
• Officers must not touch holy books or religious artefacts without permission.
• Muslim prisoners should be allowed to take additional clothing to the station.

With this continuing appeasement, no wonder it’s now predicted that
Britain will become an Islamic state by 2070.
(Time to think about your children.)

SO THAT THE 40%+ OF BRITISH VOTERS WHO DIDN’T VOTE LAST TIME
MIGHT GET THE MESSAGE. THERE’S SO LITTLE TIME LEFT!

Kodiak
17-Apr-10, 15:48
I have no idea where you got that e-mail from but it is clearly Utter Rubbish and you should have put it straight in the Trash Can where it belongs.

DeHaviLand
17-Apr-10, 15:53
Just crap, dont believe everything you read on the internet, and checking up wont do you any harm either.

This is a copy of the letter sent by Bedfordshire Police in answer to a freedom of information act request about those supposed guidelines.

Our Ref: 2010/00207
Dear Member of the Public,
REQUEST UNDER THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT Reference No F-2010-00207
With reference to your request for information received on 26th February 2010, I note you seek access to the following information:
The following is an item circulating on the internet which is self explanatory.
Will you please verify to the authenticity of it as true copy or otherwise, put out by the Bedfordshire Police for guidance of its officers.
I am required by the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (The Act) to handle all requests in a manner that is blind to the identity of the requestor. Any information released in response to a request is regarded as being published, and therefore in the public domain without caveat.
In response to your questions, I have today decided to release the information requested in full as I can see no harm to any individual, the community, the police service or other bodies. After considering whether releasing this information will affect the good order and functioning of community, government or other public service affairs, I believe it is in the public's interest the information be released. The information lies within the arena of public safety and may provide common benefit to members of the community. Releasing this information will not identify any individual or compromise any court case, law enforcement or investigation.
With reference to your recent enquiry and in response to your question I can confirm the following:
Response – The item you refer to is incorrect and is not ‘Bedfordshire Police’s rules regarding terrorists and dangerous criminals’ as the website claims.
Bedfordshire Police does have guidance for entering households which was derived from National Home Office / Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) guidelines. While the information on the website is not the same, there are some similarities to our guidance for some basic considerations when entering Muslim households, especially for pre-planned operations, which is summarised below:
Innocent occupants of a household such as women and children may be present and Police should never under-estimate the impact of any loss of their personal dignity. Muslim women may be more flexible in their choice of dress at home amongst family members than outside and police entry could contribute to a loss of dignity. Opportunity should be afforded for occupants to cover themselves sufficiently to comply with the etiquettes of "Hijab" if a non-family member is present - and that includes the head for women..
The same level of etiquette and respect should be observed in Muslim households as in a Muslim place of worship, such as a Mosque.

Chobbersjnr
17-Apr-10, 15:58
Well, well, makes you think.

DeHaviLand
17-Apr-10, 16:02
Unfortunately it didnt make you think. You just toed the anti-muslim line without putting your inadequate brain into action :roll:

bekisman
17-Apr-10, 16:15
This rubbish has been 'doing the rounds' for years:

Vikram on August 3, 2005 11:28 PM ·
Perhaps the NYC cops can follow the helpful guidelines laid out for their British counterparts. I'm sure the techniques will help so very much in making their terror sweeps speedy and sensitive all at the same time.

http://www.sepiamutiny.com/sepia/archives/001952.html (http://www.sepiamutiny.com/sepia/archives/001952.html)

Chobbersjnr
17-Apr-10, 16:22
Unfortunately it didnt make you think. You just toed the anti-muslim line without putting your inadequate brain into action :roll:
I put no personal slant in my first post and you have no idea what line I toed. Must you stoop to derogatory personal remarks? Make one wonder who has the inadequate brain.
I posted an email I received. No more than that.

3of8
17-Apr-10, 16:52
Got to agree with DeHaviLand...

Your quote:

With this continuing appeasement, no wonder it’s now predicted that Britain will become an Islamic state by 2070.

MIGHT GET THE MESSAGE. THERE’S SO LITTLE TIME LEFT! If that's not toeing the anti-Islamic line I'd like to see what is!

If you can take the time to copy and paste into a forum, surely you can take the time to Google 'Bedfordshire Police Rules' ? That way you won't end up with egg on your face.

Chobbersjnr
17-Apr-10, 17:15
Got to agree with DeHaviLand...

Your quote:

If that's not toeing the anti-Islamic line I'd like to see what is!

If you can take the time to copy and paste into a forum, surely you can take the time to Google 'Bedfordshire Police Rules' ? That way you won't end up with egg on your face.
That quote was part of the Email and I ventured no opinion. Therefore, no egg.
To avoid other insults and attacks, I have no anti-Muslim feelings whatsoever and made no personal statement of belief in the original post apart fom saying that the message I received was interesting and it is.

changilass
17-Apr-10, 17:29
This is why I think that a comment from the op with the initial post makes sense.

Saves folks getting the wrong end of the stick, or worse still, simply grabbing it in the middle.

buddyrich
17-Apr-10, 17:39
Or you could have saved time by not bothering to post anything in the general section of the forum because all you're guaranteed is ignorance and stupidity.

crayola
17-Apr-10, 17:51
This is why I think that a comment from the op with the initial post makes sense.

Saves folks getting the wrong end of the stick, or worse still, simply grabbing it in the middle.
Are you implying that it's ok to post spammed emails containing racist lies as long as you don't say you agree with the content?

Is this official policy?

Anfield
17-Apr-10, 18:21
That quote was part of the Email and I ventured no opinion. Therefore, no egg.
To avoid other insults and attacks, I have no anti-Muslim feelings whatsoever and made no personal statement of belief in the original post apart fom saying that the message I received was interesting and it is.
When you say that you found Email "interesting" what exactly did you mean?
Before posting did you not think about validating the contents?

Well, well, makes you think.

makes you think what?

changilass
17-Apr-10, 18:30
Are you implying that it's ok to post spammed emails containing racist lies as long as you don't say you agree with the content?

Is this official policy?

I was commenting on the confusion caused due to lack of an opening opinion by the op, rather than the content or policy.

I apologise profusely for omitting to say IMHO only.

The content is there for all to see and everyone can make there own opinion of it.

Sara Jevo
17-Apr-10, 18:46
Makes you think?

It sure did.

It made me think that you didn't think very hard at all - you came across something (which a little bit of research would have shown to be complete ****) that pandered to your prejudice and decided to spread the poison.

Shame on you.

Chobbersjnr
17-Apr-10, 18:48
This was not a spammed email but a message that was being relayed to a lot of people. It is interesting to know that there are people who promulgate this sort of half true propoganda and I was interested to see what reaction it would get here on the org. That's why I put no personal slant on it in the beginning.
Your reactions have been interesting also.
BTW surely this is religious, not racist.

Sara Jevo
17-Apr-10, 19:04
This was not a spammed email but a message that was being relayed to a lot of people. It is interesting to know that there are people who promulgate this sort of half true propoganda and I was interested to see what reaction it would get here on the org. That's why I put no personal slant on it in the beginning.

Yes, and you are one of them!

It's interesting you do not identify the source of this material, or why that source believed you may be interested in receiving it.

You made a conscious decision to distribute inflammatory and bogus material that any reasonable person would deduce is designed to incite prejudice and hatred of a particular religious and/or racial group.

You are either extremely ignorant, naive or prejudiced.

I'm sure if you rang a solicitor, he or she may advise you to retract this, so that you have some mitigation in the event of prosecution.

crayola
17-Apr-10, 19:51
You have described a spammed email rather well. It is indeed interesting that there are people who promulgate this sort of propaganda. I wouldn't have expected you to be one of them and I wouldn't have expected you to use the 'religious not racist' excuse. Shame on you.

golach
17-Apr-10, 19:53
This was not a spammed email but a message that was being relayed to a lot of people.
It is a spammed e-mail[disgust]

Chobbersjnr
17-Apr-10, 20:14
the 'religious not racist' excuse. .
Not an excuse but a statement of unbiased fact.:~(

redeyedtreefrog
17-Apr-10, 21:17
It should have made you think, yes.

It should have made you think "Surely that can't be right? Maybe I should check this up."

Your posting of this email suggests you share the same prejudices as the creator.

Sara Jevo
17-Apr-10, 21:24

When you've dug yourself into a hole, the first rule is to stop digging.

fingalmacool
18-Apr-10, 00:52
Am I mistaken, is this a debate or the usual character assassination:confused

The Drunken Duck
18-Apr-10, 06:58

Its a character assasination. So the OP posted something that wasnt true, big deal. The sad fact is that in this politically correct society you cant say anything derogatory about Muslims or else you are accused of Islamaphobia, whatever that is.

To the OP I would say check before you post, if for no other reason than to save yourself the attentions of people too stupid or ignorant to see that Islam is a religion and not a race.

Highland Laddie
18-Apr-10, 09:30
What a lot of hot air and bull over a simple post
has it come to the point that anything said gets dissected and put under the microscope for originality & legality.
instead of just being discussed by (hopefully) online friends.
The character assassination and accusations makes me wonder that anyone bothers to post in these forums at all.

Lighten it was just a post.

DOC ROCK
18-Apr-10, 17:40

Aye Macool it seems to be so. Hmmm, Usually guilty of the likes yourself eh!

teddybear1873
18-Apr-10, 19:03
I see the org bullies are it again. Dear dear.

ywindythesecond
18-Apr-10, 22:13
Makes you think, does it not?

Subject: Police rules - interesting

UK’s Bedfordshire Police’s rules regarding terrorists and dangerous criminals:

If they’re non-Muslim

• Consider the most opportune time of day to be able to arrest suspects with minimum resistance
• Apply all necessary force to enter the premises and arrest suspects accordingly.

If they’re Muslim:

• Community leaders must be consulted before raids into Muslim houses.
• Officers must not search occupied bedrooms and bathrooms before dawn.
• Use of police dogs will be considered serious desecration of the premises.
• Cameras and camcorders should not be used in case capturing women in inappropriate dress.
• If people are praying at home officers should stand aside and not disrupt the prayer. They should be allowed the opportunity to finish.
• Officers should take their shoes off before raiding a Muslim house.
• The reasons for pre-dawn raids on Muslim houses needs to be clear and transparent.
• Officers must not touch holy books or religious artefacts without permission.
• Muslim prisoners should be allowed to take additional clothing to the station.

With this continuing appeasement, no wonder it’s now predicted that
Britain will become an Islamic state by 2070.

MIGHT GET THE MESSAGE. THERE’S SO LITTLE TIME LEFT!

Why didn't you say where the message came from and what convinced you it was genuine and truthful?

fingalmacool
19-Apr-10, 00:15
It seems i was shouting and woke everyone up so from now on i will be zzzzzz:confused

sweetpea
19-Apr-10, 00:24
Choddersjnr, I kenw it was a spam.....:)

Moira
19-Apr-10, 01:17

The content of the email you posted is factual??

I fail to see the significance myself, other than I think you have lost the plot. Please convince me that this is a statement of unbiased fact.:confused

Chobbersjnr
19-Apr-10, 01:26
The content of the email you posted is factual??

I was writing about the religious versus racist excuse that I was accused of making. It is an unbiased fact that the subject was religious not racist.

Anfield
19-Apr-10, 02:10
I was writing about the religious versus racist excuse that I was accused of making. It is an unbiased fact that the subject was religious not racist.

See Sara Jevo post #22

Do yourself a favour and close thread, the longer it goes on the bigger the hole you will fall into

Dog-eared
19-Apr-10, 11:06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGk4AKOwJbc&feature=related :lol:

Jeid
19-Apr-10, 13:20
I lol'd.

C.org... you need to turn those frowns upside down!

The Pepsi Challenge
19-Apr-10, 14:00
I lol'd.

C.org... you need to turn those frowns upside down!

We'll have no James Taylor quotes or lyrics here, ma'lad.

horseman
19-Apr-10, 15:38
Anyone who can post such a load of crap like that ,on a site such as the c.org, an expect to get away with it or even expect reasoned debate-Words fail me, only cos' I cant' use them!

Jeid
19-Apr-10, 16:16
Jeeeeesis, I think the people of C.Org can hardly have a go, especially if you look up the thread about the homosexual men being turned away from the B&B. Homophobic much?

Chobbers was innocently posting an e-mail that he got sent. Aye, perhaps he should've thought about it a little, but he's no racist. I bet he didn't expect the backlash he's recieved.

fingalmacool
19-Apr-10, 18:34
There was once a gull called Able, he was called able because Ible didn't sound right, and he went to the hole of plenty to feed with the other gulls but found there was no room, so if it's possible can this hole be widened or deepened so that i can join the feeding frenzy and be chastised for my efforts:confused

ducati
19-Apr-10, 18:42
There was once a gull called Able, he was called able because Ible didn't sound right, and he went to the hole of plenty to feed with the other gulls but found there was no room, so if it's possible can this hole be widened or deepened so that i can join the feeding frenzy and be chastised for my efforts:confused

Barking? :eek:

golach
19-Apr-10, 18:52
[quote=Jeid;693735]
Chobbers was innocently posting an e-mail that he got sent.quote]

Aye Right!!!!

fingalmacool
19-Apr-10, 20:46
Barking? :eek:
Looks like a got me another marlin, now pass me that boat hook???

I would have put this in big letters but I'm not allowed, so you can assume that i am shouting:confused

Now move along all ye do gooders and continue with the assassinations, this thread is getting zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:confused

Jeid
19-Apr-10, 23:38
Chobbers was innocently posting an e-mail that he got sent.

Aye Right!!!!

Way to put your personal differences aside...

gleeber
21-Apr-10, 14:28
I think there's a wider debate here than the contents of a spammed email. Chobbers was a bit thick to post the email as he received it, knowing the alertness of the org gestapo and their delight at catching someone out. :lol:
Dehaviland posted what appears to be an official release from the Bedfordshire police and they seem to confirm that Muslim families, who's homes are to be searched are to be treated in an Islamic way, whatever that means.
Ive seen those documentaries on television where police break down doors with hammers at 5 o clock in the morning and women are screaming and children are crying. Its never likely to happen to me but imagine the truama innocent people will recieve on such an occasion?
I would say that if the so called official statemnet is correct then Bedfordshire police intend to treat Muslim families different.
Islam is not the flavour of the month but to bring it up causes quite an emotion.
Its almost as much a no go area as recreational drugs.
I tried to kid myself it didnt affect me and it doesnt to be honest but I can understand the worries if Islam ever became so big that some of its tenets, alien to western culture, were introduced to Britain. Is it racist to think that?
Mind you, ive argued before that maybe a bit of Sharia in the town square on a friday morning would reduce the vandalism threads on the org and increase the bird watching section but thats another thread. :eek:

northener
21-Apr-10, 14:55
If you post unsubstantiated horsehit without a disclaimer, then you have to be prepared for some backlash. The only way around it is to quite clearly state what your own personal opinion is upon the subject matter in your opening post.

That may then possibly reduce the chances of having to fight your way out of a three-page long hole......;)

I'd say that police officers have a duty of care when entering peoples homes - regardless of their religion. If a certain religion needs some understanding of it's beliefs and customs to be circulated amongst officers to ensure the smooth running of relationships - then so be it.

Tramping into someones house about a minor matter and upsetting peoples' sensibilities unecessarily is never going to be a good thing.

But I don't think that when the front door of a 'Muslim' (I use that term loosely) drug dealer is hoofed in at 04:00 hrs that the officers involved are going to politely enquire if the women have their heads covered and dawdle about outside for ten minutes....