PDA

View Full Version : help e bay

wicker8
17-Apr-10, 11:42
hi al i was wondering what you all think of e bay is it safe etc to buy i was looking for a drinks globe cant find one except on e bay not sure about card details etc has anyone bought from it before and had no complications thanks

Julia
17-Apr-10, 11:47
I'd thoroughly recommend ebay, I use it all the time and have had over 2000 transactions with no problems at all.

S&LHEN
17-Apr-10, 11:52
totally agree very safe x

I'd thoroughly recommend ebay, I use it all the time and have had over 2000 transactions with no problems at all.

wicker8
17-Apr-10, 11:53
I'd thoroughly recommend ebay, I use it all the time and have had over 2000 transactions with no problems at all. hi julia thanks for that lol

Nibbler
17-Apr-10, 11:54
Hi wicker8

I'm like Julia and have used ebay with no problems.

The people who sell on ebay all have feedback ratings - the best have 100% - but there are some out there who have feedback which I would avoid.

For the card details I use Paypal and it does not disclose your card details to anyone. Paypal is also used on various other sites and I like it. Once registered you sign in and complete the payment by clicking on a button.

Hope this helps some.

There are some people who have had bad experiences on ebay but the main thing is to check the feedback rating of the seller.

poppett
17-Apr-10, 12:40
Nibbler has got it spot on.

I have had a couple of post sale problems with goods not arriving and the company refusing to re-send, but pay-pal have refunded the transaction payment without delay through their online dispute system.

Set up the pay-pal account on your credit card and you have double protection with any transaction you make.

telfordstar
17-Apr-10, 12:43
I use ebay quite alot for "bargins" ive not had any problems at all.

Vistravi
17-Apr-10, 14:31
hi al i was wondering what you all think of e bay is it safe etc to buy i was looking for a drinks globe cant find one except on e bay not sure about card details etc has anyone bought from it before and had no complications thanks

Set up a paypal account first. It is safe to just put in your card details to pay as its a secure site but paypal is even securer and much safer.

Also when you find something check out the seller's feedback and don't touch them if you are in doubt. I've gone in looking for something in particular before and have found what i was looking for but the seller had feedback that was not the best so i left it and went elsewhere. Sellers love it when you pay them instantly as well. I pay instantly and always get brilliant feedback for it. The faster you pay the sooner you get your item unless its from overseas but checking locations of sellers and postage will tell you how long to expect to wait.

I've used ebay for two years now and never had a problem.

ShelleyCowie
17-Apr-10, 14:46
I used ebay just yesterday ordering some stuff for a hen night, i dont use it as often as i could, but it is excellent. Can get some bargains on there.

As others have said Paypal is secure. Also check sellers feedback. If the seller has a high amount of sales and a high percentage feedback then they would be reliable. I dont buy anything from anyone with a feedback rating lower than 97-98% usually.

bigkeith
17-Apr-10, 16:37
Hi
i have glob bar four sale& if you are intrested you can email me i live in wick . I use ebay &like every one have no probs:d:d

wicker8
17-Apr-10, 18:59
Hi
i have glob bar four sale& if you are intrested you can email me i live in wick . I use ebay &like every one have no probs:d:d hi where about are you thanks i have sent you a pm also

Dadie
17-Apr-10, 20:01
I use ebay for lots of bits and pieces.
And pay for things by paypal.
The only probs we have had is the postage costs for the highlands from some sellers is extortionate so we dont use them!
That and a german company who wouldnt send a playpen after they offered free delivery to mainland britain (they wanted an extra £45)..... paypal and ebays dispute system sorted that out ok and I noticed they have amended their auctions now.....

upolian
17-Apr-10, 20:08
I ordered car parts for a mate last year costing £145,despite numerous emails and phone calls plus a dispute with paypal the money was never returned nor was the seller caught,thats my experience with it,i will never use ebay or paypal ever again!!

Geo
17-Apr-10, 21:44
I find Ebay is very good, with plenty of bargains to be found. You just have to be careful. Check the seller's feedback rating. If they have negatives I always read the comments and how the seller responded. I also read the feedback of the person who left the negative. That way you get a feel for whether the buyer/seller was being unreasonable or not. Recent changes to the feedback system mean businesses in particular really do want to resolve any issues rather than receive bad feedback. If it's an expensive item you are buying make sure the seller has very good feedback with plenty of sales of similar value. There are risks of course but in my experience they do get resolved by Ebay/Paypal. I would never pay by cheque or bank transfer though as you've little/no comeback if the items don't arrive. Also be suspicious of sellers who have built up good feedback selling 100s of £1 items then advertise an item for £100s. It might very well be genuine but it makes me think twice. My son recently bought a laptop which was faulty. He had paid via Paypal and they got the seller to refund.

wicker8
17-Apr-10, 21:54
thanks all your great thanks for your feed back all the best to you all

trix
18-Apr-10, 06:35
ebay is 'e wie forward ;)

cazmanian_minx
18-Apr-10, 14:27
I earn my living selling on eBay, so I'm biased, but I've been buying on there for over 10 years now and haven't had a problem. Always check the seller's feedback before you bid/buy and double check that they don't surcharge to KW postcodes and you should be fine.

baldeagle
18-Apr-10, 21:34
Nibbler has got it spot on.

I have had a couple of post sale problems with goods not arriving and the company refusing to re-send, but pay-pal have refunded the transaction payment without delay through their online dispute system.

Set up the pay-pal account on your credit card and you have double protection with any transaction you make.
As i have never bought anything from ebay i would like to know how to set up the pay-pal account on the credit card and have double protection.

THANKYOU

Kodiak
18-Apr-10, 23:40
As i have never bought anything from ebay i would like to know how to set up the pay-pal account on the credit card and have double protection.

THANKYOU

Go to www.paypal.co.uk then click on the yellow button that says "Sign Up" and follow the on screen instructions.

When you buy anything from eBay and you pay by PayPal you automaticly get buyer protection.

wicker8
19-Apr-10, 09:12
Go to www.paypal.co.uk (http://www.paypal.co.uk) then click on the yellow button that says "Sign Up" and follow the on screen instructions.

When you buy anything from eBay and you pay by PayPal you automaticly get buyer protection.thanks kodiak i have done this now waiting on my first bid

Kodiak
19-Apr-10, 14:37
now waiting on my first bid

If I may suggest something about bidding at eBay.

If you see something that you would like to buy first check the Date and Time the Auction Finishes.

Then if it is possible go online and into your eBay account just before the Auction ends.

If the price of the the item is still within the price you are willing to pay then wait.

Wait untinl the very last moment, this is a Sniper Bid, then Bid the Maximum that you are willing to pay for the item some time between 30seconds to 45 seconds before the auction end.

Your maximum bid will not be placed unless other bidders are doing the same.

If you win you win, if you lose you lose but at least you never went above the maximum that you wanted to pay.

eBay will say to bid early but this is not the best way as the price can go very high indeed. The best way to bid is by waiting until the very last second and put in a bid to your Maximum that you are willing to spend. That way if someone else bids at the same time and just bids enough to get the item they will be automatically outbid by your already higher bid.

I hope that this will help you to get some bargains.

Vistravi
19-Apr-10, 23:28
If I may suggest something about bidding at eBay.

If you see something that you would like to buy first check the Date and Time the Auction Finishes.

Then if it is possible go online and into your eBay account just before the Auction ends.

If the price of the the item is still within the price you are willing to pay then wait.

Wait untinl the very last moment, this is a Sniper Bid, then Bid the Maximum that you are willing to pay for the item some time between 30seconds to 45 seconds before the auction end.

Your maximum bid will not be placed unless other bidders are doing the same.

If you win you win, if you lose you lose but at least you never went above the maximum that you wanted to pay.

eBay will say to bid early but this is not the best way as the price can go very high indeed. The best way to bid is by waiting until the very last second and put in a bid to your Maximum that you are willing to spend. That way if someone else bids at the same time and just bids enough to get the item they will be automatically outbid by your already higher bid.

I hope that this will help you to get some bargains.

I agree this is brilliant advice.

Just to add to it, depending on how fast you can type and how reliable your net is you can put your bid in 20 seconds before it ends as this ensures that no one else gets it. I often go into bid while there is 45 seconds left and get it sorted ready to click confirm bid just counting the seconds down to ensure a win. Its not foolproof and sometimes i don't win but 9 times out of 10 i do.

cazmanian_minx
20-Apr-10, 06:13
Or if you're not around when the auction ends, use the free sniper tool at Goofbay. Also lots of useful tools to help research the person you're thinking of buying from.

www.goofbay.com (no connection other than as a user of the site)

trix
20-Apr-10, 17:15
am wonderin how ye sell things on ebay...

bin hevin a huge clear oot, some clothes which still hev tags on them but ma ass wilna fit intil :mad:

da really ken how til go aboot'ed.

wicker8
20-Apr-10, 17:27

bin hevin a huge clear oot, some clothes which still hev tags on them but ma ass wilna fit intil :mad:

da really ken how til go aboot'ed.ah trix ye make me laugh lol

Kodiak
20-Apr-10, 18:07

da really ken how til go aboot'ed.

It is really quite simple. When in eBay open a Sellers account. You need to register a Credt or Debit Cad and or your Bank Details. You are also required to have a PayPal Account. Once you have done all that all you need to do is to click on the Sell Button at the top of the page.

To start of with I would suggest that you use the quick sell option which is on the first page after you click the sell button.

There you will see an empty field and all you do is to type in the Title of the item tou are selling. Hit the start selling button and after that just follow on screen instructions.

Just have a play around with this and you can not do anything wrong as you can always go back and make adjustments. Then when you are happy publish it and your first listing is up and all you need to do is to sit back and wait for the punters to BID.

It can be fun and I am sure you will enjoy the experience, so give it a try and you never know this time next year you could be rolling in Money. :D