PDA

View Full Version : Photographer

bagpuss
16-Apr-10, 22:28
I'd planned to buy a photo-session for a friend who's had a rough year and needs a confidence boost but found out that Deanna Mushins (the first choice) isn't going to be around after this week. While I'd love to hire Ian Baikie my budget for my friend (its an early birthday present) doesn't stretch to £1500. Can anyone recommend a thoughful, talented beginner who can put together a portfolio of about 6 pictures- outdoor, storyboard style for her? When I last met up with her at Easter when I was north, we were looking at her albums and apart from a horrid studio picture and a group picture taken on a bad hair day, there's been no decent pictures taken of her since she was a teenager.

I'd volunteer to do this myself, but I'm a rotten photographer and I'd like this to be something special

Mr Z
16-Apr-10, 23:00
Louise Bain Photography on 01955 603540 or 07769655669
www.louisebainphotography.co.uk (http://www.louisebainphotography.co.uk)
She will provide a very good service at a reasonable price. Very creative.

Kevin Milkins
17-Apr-10, 05:10
Louise Bain Photography on 01955 603540 or 07769655669
www.louisebainphotography.co.uk (http://www.louisebainphotography.co.uk)
She will provide a very good service at a reasonable price. Very creative.

I have seen some of Louise's work, and have to agree with Mr Z, she is very good.

donnick
17-Apr-10, 12:57
there are a lot of really good photographers on here that i am sure would be willing to take pic for you just go in to photography section and pm a few wont hurt u to try

upolian
17-Apr-10, 20:37
Give dragonfly on here a pm,iam not sure if its her kind of work but she certainly does taking cracking photos,its worth a try!!

unicorn
17-Apr-10, 20:46
Was gonna say dragonfly too :D

dragonfly
17-Apr-10, 20:48
Give dragonfly on here a pm,iam not sure if its her kind of work but she certainly does taking cracking photos,its worth a try!!

Was gonna say dragonfly too :D

thanks for the votes both but not sure I am up to people yet! ;) :confused

Deemac does portraits if thats any help

unicorn
17-Apr-10, 20:57
Welllllllll there is nothing like the present opportunity to practice :Razz

Dadie
17-Apr-10, 21:01
You will be good!
Taking shots of dogs must be more difficult?
Just dont shout SIT!

John Baikie
18-Apr-10, 17:55
I'd planned to buy a photo-session for a friend who's had a rough year and needs a confidence boost but found out that Deanna Mushins (the first choice) isn't going to be around after this week. While I'd love to hire Ian Baikie my budget for my friend (its an early birthday present) doesn't stretch to £1500. Can anyone recommend a thoughful, talented beginner who can put together a portfolio of about 6 pictures- outdoor, storyboard style for her? When I last met up with her at Easter when I was north, we were looking at her albums and apart from a horrid studio picture and a group picture taken on a bad hair day, there's been no decent pictures taken of her since she was a teenager.

I'd volunteer to do this myself, but I'm a rotten photographer and I'd like this to be something special

I'm assuming Ian Baikie is in fact me - well, I've no idea who told you I charged £1500 for a portrait session, but.....I WISH! I guess it is one of the folk that seem to enjoy telling everyone not to use me..
Drop me an email enquiries@captiv8.uk.com

bagpuss
18-Apr-10, 22:25
Apologies- but your website gives only costings for weddings and courses, and nothing specific for portraits. I've asked my friend to email direct

YummyMummy
25-Apr-10, 11:04
John Baikie is absolutely fantastic - his work is first class.

What a lovely gift for someone - very thoughtful