PDA

View Full Version : FlyBe

Fluff
15-Apr-10, 21:46
I see that Fly Be operate between Inverness and London Gatwick. Does anyone know if they are any good, leave on time etc.. ?

thanks!

Kevin Milkins
15-Apr-10, 22:24
I see that Fly Be operate between Inverness and London Gatwick. Does anyone know if they are any good, leave on time etc.. ?

thanks!

You get a better deal with easyjet, and when you book it is much easier to see what the final price will be.

The Drunken Duck
15-Apr-10, 22:36
Flybe are awful. My agency used to use them to fly me from Gatwick to Aberdeen on my return journey from working in the Caspian. On more than one occasion I found I did not have a seat because they had overbooked, their timekeeping is awful and the cabin crew are not very helpful. Eventually my agency re-routed me through Heathrow with BA to get to Aberdeen when I had a Flybe check in guy tell me to "stop moaning" when I dared to complain about my booked seat being taken by someone else.

I would advise you to avoid them.

George Brims
16-Apr-10, 00:49
I used them a couple of years ago for that trip. The plane took off on time, and we actually arrived in the area of Gatwick early. However some other plane had broken down at our gate so we circled forever and actually landed a few minutes late. Not a big deal. Then we all left the pane and descended a steep narrow stair to an area where a baggage conveyor stuck out of the wall. Through the plastic flap at the wall end of it I could see the front wheel of the plane just feet away. We waited. We waited. After 30 minutes the conveyor started up. The bloke next to me started to move forward but his mate put a hand on his shoulder and told him they were just warming it up. Sure enough it was at least another 15 minutes before the baggage appeared. I made my connecting flight by the skin of my teeth. Two weeks later, the Mrs, who stayed a bit longer than me, attempted the same itinerary and ended up missing hers.

Not impressed.

_Ju_
16-Apr-10, 07:03
No. They often leave late from Gatwick. Out of 5 return flights I took with them to gatewick, 3 left Inverness late. Only once did the last gatewick-Inverness flight leave on time. Once it was 3 hours late. You get no information from them. They tend to deal with people very badly. If at the time I had had a choice, I would never have used them.

bekisman
16-Apr-10, 07:50
I see that Fly Be operate between Inverness and London Gatwick. Does anyone know if they are any good, leave on time etc.. ? thanks!

We use Skytrax (give customers opinions on all airlines) Flybe: http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/flybe-1.htm (http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/flybe-1.htm)

Fluff
16-Apr-10, 22:31
I dislike Easyjet because I don't want to have to pay extra to check in luggage. Last time we flew up we used BMI but they stopped in from Heathrow sadly.

Oh I wish I had a Star Trek style transporter!

highlandlassie
18-Apr-10, 21:36
I would recommend Flybe over Easyjet anyday. I flew with my 2 children during the easter holidays and was delayed once again by a day travelling with Easyjet. Their excuse was they didn't have a pilot and because of this I missed a trip to the BBC centre in London which my sister had bought tickets for. We flew back with Flybe and the plane was only 25 mins late on take off, lovely leather seats with more legroom than Easyjet. Know who I am flying with next time.

catran
18-Apr-10, 21:55
yes bmi from inverness every time

Creme_Egg
19-Apr-10, 09:49
At the end of the day, u get what you pay for? £20 to go 700 odd miles. Whos gonna complain?

Kirdon
19-Apr-10, 09:54
Used flybe a couple of times with no major problems.