PDA

View Full Version : "Our" roads up here

bekisman
15-Apr-10, 17:52
Quite often read on the Org about our 'terrible' potholed roads - well just got back from driving the A93 Bridge of Cally via Spittal of Glen Shee to Glen Clunie / Braemar..
What a road! - I expected a bit of a 'twist and turner' for the area, but our roads, such as the A897 Melvich to Helmsdale or the A9 North (Berriedale etc) are, near enough, straight runs!

I won't complain again.. :(

northener
15-Apr-10, 18:28
Quite often read on the Org about our 'terrible' potholed roads - well just got back from driving the A93 Bridge of Cally via Spittal of Glen Shee to Glen Clunie / Braemar..
What a road! - I expected a bit of a 'twist and turner' for the area, but our roads, such as the A897 Melvich to Helmsdale or the A9 North (Berriedale etc) are, near enough, straight runs!

I did that run on my bike about 3 weeks ago, it's cracking road. Loadsa good twisties.:Razz

But as you said, our roads are generally in better nick than anything further South.

Commore
15-Apr-10, 18:55

When we first moved here, we thought we were in "road heaven",
the roads up here are far superior to any, south of Inverness!

The Drunken Duck
15-Apr-10, 19:13
I know what you mean about the roads near Braemar Beks, not for the carsick those.

A lot of roads off the main ones here in Aberdeenshire are in a terrible state, there was an article today on the radio about it. Aberdeenshire council have said that resurfacing all the roads that need it would take 300 years at the current rate of road investment.

Leanne
15-Apr-10, 22:34

I know just the road you mean! My childhood haunts :)