PDA

View Full Version : Spring Postcode Rollover, Sunday 18th April

People's Postcode Lottery
15-Apr-10, 16:33
Popstar to Operastar winner to entertain at charity lottery’s £2.1 million party

A party to celebrate Thurso’s fantastic £2.1 million windfall is to be kicked off by West End stage actor, singer and TV star Darius Campbell (formerly known as Darius Danesh).

The small Highlands town, which has landed the lottery’s £2.1 million Spring Postcode Rollover prize pot, will see the ‘Colourblind’ signer join winners and presenter Angus Purden to celebrate Thurso’s windfall.

The winners party- which is free for locals and winners alike to attend- will kickoff at 1pm this Sunday at Sir George’s Park, known locally as ‘the Dammies’.

Fresh from winning ‘Popstar to Operastar’, Darius is itching to launch Thurso’s festivities, saying

“I’m thrilled I’ll be helping Thurso celebrate on Sunday. It’s set to be a fantastic day, and with £2.1 million won I know the atmosphere will be second to none. I’m looking forward to entertaining the crowd and hopefully lots of Thurso residents will be there to cheer on the winners!”

Partygoers will also be treated to free food and hot drinks throughout the outdoor event, with all winners in the KW14 7-Thurso postcode area being contacted this week.

More information on the event and the charity lottery can be found online at www.postcodelottery.com (http://www.postcodelottery.com)

We can't wait to see you there!

Cattach
15-Apr-10, 17:13
Popstar to Operastar winner to entertain at charity lottery’s £2.1 million party

A party to celebrate Thurso’s fantastic £2.1 million windfall is to be kicked off by West End stage actor, singer and TV star Darius Campbell (formerly known as Darius Danesh).

The small Highlands town, which has landed the lottery’s £2.1 million Spring Postcode Rollover prize pot, will see the ‘Colourblind’ signer join winners and presenter Angus Purden to celebrate Thurso’s windfall.

The winners party- which is free for locals and winners alike to attend- will kickoff at 1pm this Sunday at Sir George’s Park, known locally as ‘the Dammies’.

Fresh from winning ‘Popstar to Operastar’, Darius is itching to launch Thurso’s festivities, saying

“I’m thrilled I’ll be helping Thurso celebrate on Sunday. It’s set to be a fantastic day, and with £2.1 million won I know the atmosphere will be second to none. I’m looking forward to entertaining the crowd and hopefully lots of Thurso residents will be there to cheer on the winners!”

Partygoers will also be treated to free food and hot drinks throughout the outdoor event, with all winners in the KW14 7-Thurso postcode area being contacted this week.

More information on the event and the charity lottery can be found online at www.postcodelottery.com (http://www.postcodelottery.com)

We can't wait to see you there!

Not my post code area so I wont be bothering.

dragonfly
15-Apr-10, 17:44
Not my post code area so I wont be bothering.

well it is mine and I'll be there :Razz

rs 2k
15-Apr-10, 17:51
Rumour has it its Sweyn rd :)

It is my postcode, but i don't do it :mad:

lab
15-Apr-10, 18:27
Well that must be true because we all know what the thurso rumour mill is like:) I do know a player whos postcode won in rutherglen she was went home half way through the party to watch wimbledon and missed her street winning, so dont think anyone actualy knows till the day.

unicorn
18-Apr-10, 09:45
well it is mine and I'll be there :Razz
After all the heartache with Brody and the fight back to fitness you totally deserve a windfall :D

dragonfly
18-Apr-10, 09:52
After all the heartache with Brody and the fight back to fitness you totally deserve a windfall :D

thanks hun! not sure if I'll get the £6k+ back that it cost to get him fighting fit though, but whatever we get it will boost the bank funds and go towards the Pet Photography business I am in the process of starting up (will be doing bunny rabbits too LOL)

good luck to everyone with tickets, there will be a lot of celebrating in town tonight!

Mrs Bucket
18-Apr-10, 12:49
Ii believe it is the Reay area

kitty
18-Apr-10, 13:24
As far as i know no-one knows until the last 2 letters of the postcode are told which will be today. The KW14 7 postcode goes from Thurso right up past Melvich so it could be anywhere in between

Venture
18-Apr-10, 14:51
I might be wrong but I can't see the Lottery folk organising a big party in Thurso if the winner lived in Melvich. Good luck to everyone anyway.:)

dragonfly
18-Apr-10, 14:55
the winning couple (married) live in Thurso, they won £835,000 between the 2 of them and having known the husband since I was about 5 I must say I am so pleased for them both

Hope this brings them much deserved happiness

I got £7494 BTW :Razz

cazmanian_minx
18-Apr-10, 14:57
Everyone who plays in the KW14 7 area has won something - there's a good explanation of how it works here:

https://www.postcodelottery.co.uk/HowToPlay/HowDoesItWork.htm

Basically think of it like a bomb blast - the people who live in the street with the final two letters drawn get the bulk of the money and then it scatters outwards. I was talking to someone this week who's been asked to go this afternoon and she's been told she's won at least £1000. Several of her friends who play have also been contacted with the same information.

OH is now kicking himself for throwing away the leaflet when it came through the door a couple of years ago!!

donnick
18-Apr-10, 14:58
:lol:well done to all that won crack open the bubble :lol:hope u call enjoy ur windfall

crayola
18-Apr-10, 15:03
I don't know how far west the KW14 7 postcode stretches but it includes Borgie which is not far from Tongue.

Congrats to all the winners. :)

Venture
18-Apr-10, 15:04
the winning couple (married) live in Thurso, they won £835,000 between the 2 of them and having known the husband since I was about 5 I must say I am so pleased for them both

That's fantastic news dragonfly. I'm so delighted for you and your family.:)
Were you in the winning street or how did it work?

Margaret M.
18-Apr-10, 15:05

Dragonfly, I am fair chuffed for you!!! Wonderful. Enough to cover Brody's bill and a wee bit extra to enjoy -- what goes around comes around.

dragonfly
18-Apr-10, 15:09
That's fantastic news dragonfly. I'm so delighted for you and your family.:)
Were you in the winning street or how did it work?

no just the winning sector Venture, anyone who had signed up and had a postcode beginning with KW14 7 won a share (think it is at 60/40 split of the total money) I had 2 tickets so won 2 shares. The full postcode was KW14 7JR I think

Venture
18-Apr-10, 15:21
no just the winning sector Venture, anyone who had signed up and had a postcode beginning with KW14 7 won a share (think it is at 60/40 split of the total money) I had 2 tickets so won 2 shares. The full postcode was KW14 7JR I think

Well it couldn't have happened to a nicer person. A good start for your new venture. I can't begin to imagine how the couple who won the big prize must be feeling.:)

poppett
18-Apr-10, 15:27
Congratulations to all the winners.

cazmanian_minx
18-Apr-10, 15:40
That's great news, Dragonfly! Congratulations to all the winners!

huh
18-Apr-10, 15:42
We used to play this as well! Could have had a nice holiday going there. Ah well what can you do...

dragonfly
18-Apr-10, 16:08
Darius on stage

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4070/4530785273_4f766dcd94_b.jpg

Angus & Judi

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4022/4530782039_6e1b26d80d_b.jpg

Iffy
18-Apr-10, 16:19
I'm really pleased for you Dragonfly !!!

As OP has already said, what goes around come around, and after all your heartache over the past year I think you very much deserve this monetary boost !! :)

Congratulations as well to all the others !!:)

cherokee
18-Apr-10, 16:21
Lovely to hear of the money going to those who deserve it - Dragonfly!!
Enjoy your windfall :lol:

upsydaisy
18-Apr-10, 16:22
congrats to all winners enjoy ur windfall:Razz

Sage
18-Apr-10, 16:48
Congratulations to everyone who won. It'll be nice to see lots of happy faces in Thurso :D (and a few sore heads in the morning I'll bet)

Sporran
18-Apr-10, 16:54
I am delighted for you, dragonfly! Congratulations to you and all the lucky winners!!! :D

How many winners were there, BTW?

Liz
18-Apr-10, 18:00
Oh that is great news Dragonfly and makes up for the horrible insurance company not paying out. You so deserve it!!

Congratulations to all winners.:D

Hoida
18-Apr-10, 18:04
Congratulations to all the winners....enjoy:lol:

upolian
18-Apr-10, 18:08
Congrats on the fantastic win :D:D

wicker8
18-Apr-10, 20:13
welldone and congratulations

stewart4364
18-Apr-10, 20:45

If the postcode was KW14 7JR the lucky people are from Holborn Avenue.

rs 2k
18-Apr-10, 20:53
Yes thats right, they do live in Holborn avenue

3 winners in that street

Well done to all winners

I was there and what a fun afternoon, even tho i don't do it so didn't win anything, i still enjoyed myself :D

froal
18-Apr-10, 20:59
Congratulations to everyone who won.........enjoy.........!!!!!

teenybash
18-Apr-10, 21:16

Congratulations.......what a lovely windfall....:D

unicorn
18-Apr-10, 22:11
Delighted for you :D lots of furries here for you to practice your portraits on ;) mice, bunnies, whippets, cats, multi mammates, chipmunk [lol]

Anfield
18-Apr-10, 23:23
Lend us a tenner!

christina
19-Apr-10, 07:13
Its great its going to people that deserve the money, what a great boost. Seeing some off the older ladies made me have a tear in my eye they were so happy. A family member won just over 11 thousand so we all got taken out for tea last night:). Think a camper van will be on her list which will be great as she said we can all use it if we want. Its just really good its going to people that work hard like the rest of us.

calderj
19-Apr-10, 07:52
thanks hun! not sure if I'll get the £6k+ back that it cost to get him fighting fit though, but whatever we get it will boost the bank funds and go towards the Pet Photography business I am in the process of starting up (will be doing bunny rabbits too LOL)

good luck to everyone with tickets, there will be a lot of celebrating in town tonight!

oo i just realised who u r....

u r my mums mate, and ment to be taken photos ov ma dogs. my mums julie bews lol xx

Doreen
19-Apr-10, 10:45
How nice it was to see the couple who won with there win it can make there sons life easier with his problems i am so happy for them and congratulate them.

Creme_Egg
19-Apr-10, 17:32
Woop! Well done to the gleeb!