PDA

View Full Version : another missing cat

Sage
15-Apr-10, 12:56
Ok folks, can you please keep your eyes open for a tortoiseshell cat that's gone missing in the Glengolly area?

She has a vertical block stripe that runs down half her nose and answers to the name of Hopkins. Unfortunately she dropped her collar, but she is chipped.

until I can find a proper phot of her here's her face http://www.redbubble.com/people/elviratsquirrel/art/4110009-1-hopkins

hopefully I've also attached a picture here

Many thanks

Liz
15-Apr-10, 15:11
Aw so sorry Sage.

I know from experience how worrying it is when a cat goes AWOL.

Hopefully she has just gone for a wee wander?

I take it you've done the usual thing of checking all outbuildings in your area? It's just that the majority of cats who go missing have been shut in.

Also check with the Vets Surgery, Caithness Cats Protection and the SSPCA.

Really hope you find her safe and well very soon.

Sage
15-Apr-10, 16:30
Thanks hun :)

I've phoned the vets and she's not been taken there, Christine at Balmore is on alert and I've mailed the CPL with a photo.

There are garages & sheds all round here but folk have been told to keep an eye out for her. I was up at 5-30 am looking for her (you know me I like my sleep!) but didnt see her. I could perhaps hear her if all the daft blackbirds would stop their mad chirping :lol:

I've got a horrible feeling about this, but will try to stay positive for my dtr.

majic
15-Apr-10, 19:14
Hi if she is still missing we could put a pic and description and your no on the side window of our van if this would be of any help we are in thurso most days we have a pic of the missing dog holly on there:)

Sage
16-Apr-10, 10:33
Thanks Majic, thats a very kind offer :)

I've been around all the roads in the area and she's not on any of them (which is good in one way and not in another I suppose)

I'll keep looking and may well take you up on your offer if she doesnt return by the end of the weekend. I'll give her that long to come back from her wander. Fingers crossed eh?

majic
16-Apr-10, 19:58
no problem sage just let us know

Sage
20-Apr-10, 13:52
ok bumping this up as Hopkins is still awol :(

Majic Im still deliberating on your offer....my daughter's very upset still & I think if she see's Hoppy's picture it may upset her more.

Looks like she was last spotted going over the fields in between Janetstown and Glengolly...there are a few places locally where she could be sheltering from the weather...places with lots of mice, so there's still hope.

horsegirl
20-Dec-10, 21:48
Hi

Dont loose hope in your cat coming home. My cat went missing a month ago and returned at the weekend. Think this snow is making them loose sense of direction. Dont give up hope and i sure she will appear when this snow disappears a bit. Will suprise you how good they are at surviving

Sage
21-Dec-10, 13:31
Thanks hun, but she went missing in April, so hope is fading :~(

Sarah
21-Dec-10, 14:37
Thanks hun, but she went missing in April, so hope is fading :~(

A friend of mine recently got her cat back this year after being missing for over TWO YEARS! They had completely given up as he wasn't microchipped and he was quite old. After several months they got 2 cats. Then over 2 years later she happened to look on the SPCA website and found him! He had been living in a feral colony, and she could tell it was him as he had a short tail from an accident when young.

So while it doesn't always happen, it can happen, and never give up hope!

Liz
21-Dec-10, 14:59
A friend of mine recently got her cat back this year after being missing for over TWO YEARS! They had completely given up as he wasn't microchipped and he was quite old. After several months they got 2 cats. Then over 2 years later she happened to look on the SPCA website and found him! He had been living in a feral colony, and she could tell it was him as he had a short tail from an accident when young.

So while it doesn't always happen, it can happen, and never give up hope!

That is wonderful!!!It just shows what great survivors cats are.:D

Sage
21-Dec-10, 15:32
Thats a nice story Sarah :D

Hopkins was chipped so hopefully if she's ever found someone will scan her. Still miss the wee thing, she was a lovely cat.

Ach, you never know, she may turn up one day. xx