PDA

View Full Version : car seats: 3 in back

annemarie482
15-Apr-10, 10:51
i need to fit 2, 5 point harness car seats
and a rear facing baby seat
into the back seat of our car.

can anyone recommend a car seat that is very slimline?
how did you or someone you know deal with this?

any advice appreciated,

LMS
15-Apr-10, 14:29
After much investigation three years ago, Britax Eclipse had the smallest footprint for a forward-facing car seat that I could find. Also, if oldest child is over 15kg, try shifting her or him into a Graco high backed booster as they have the smallest booster footprint. Also, don't bother faffing with the fancy click-on base for the infant carrier as they also take up room - just use a seat that you set down and strap in.

Graco
http://www.mothercare.com/Graco-Junior-Maxi-Group-Jupiter/dp/B003CKPHOO/sr=1-3/qid=1271337902/ref=sr_1_3/279-6182691-5732400?_encoding=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=118864031&mcb=core

Britax
http://www.mothercare.com/Britax-Eclipse-Si-Vogue-119-99/dp/B003C05BNG/sr=1-1/qid=1271338039/ref=sr_1_1/279-6182691-5732400?_encoding=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=44452031&mcb=core

Sutherland's chemist in Thurso have lots of seats at very reasonable prices. They let me take some seats home and try them out.

Dadie
15-Apr-10, 14:48
We ended up buying a bigger car!
Not all carseats fit all cars!
Its best to get the carseats fitted properly as little lifes could depend on them if anything happens!
You may find out that you cannot get all the carseats across the back of the car......

StacNKel
15-Apr-10, 16:13
i am in same boat, my 2 are in booster seats and baby due end of July so need to find some slim ones although my son is 4 foot 4 so not much to grow before he doesnt need one!!

LMS
15-Apr-10, 19:57
I got a baby seat, a Britax Eclipse in the middle and then the Graco booster on the far side of our A4. It was tight but was achievable.

I tried a Britax and two other boosters in a Vectra hire car once and it was a nightmare as the boosters were big and funny shaped.

kgs
15-Apr-10, 20:15
Best to go into a store like mothercare who will try the seats out in your car for you as they dont all fit every car securely enough.We had difficulty due to the shape of our seats and the store was great at finding the perfect fit. When we recently had a quite bad car accident our Britax eclipse and Britax high back booster were excellent, kids had not a mark on them and when you took off the car seat covers you clearly saw the damage to the foam of the seat from the impact. They did their jobs and we got the very same seats again.

telfordstar
15-Apr-10, 21:56
i need to fit 2, 5 point harness car seats
and a rear facing baby seat
into the back seat of our car.

can anyone recommend a car seat that is very slimline?
how did you or someone you know deal with this?

any advice appreciated,

Lol all that in a back seat of an Audi RS4, good luck with that lol!!!!!!