PDA

View Full Version : Forming the new Government

Phill
14-Apr-10, 22:45
So when I am returned as Dictat....Prime Minister at the beginning of May I'll need a Cabinet. So from the .org I have started to put mine together:

Chancellor of the Exchequer: joxville
Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs: Riggerboy, I was thinking Cabinet Minister for Justice but I think he'll go down well abroad.
Secretary of State for Justice: ducati
Secretary of State for the Home Department: northener
Secretary of State for International Development: fred
Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government: Crayola
Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change: ywindythesecond
Secretary of State for Scotland: I was Peter Dow but I don't think he's really got true commitment.
Secretary of State for Wales: Kevin Milkins, not sure he's really got the background though.
Secretary of State for Work and Pensions: DeHaviLand
Secretary of State for Defence: Anfield
Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport: trix
Minister for the Olympics: Anyone that can be bothered

Taken from the org who'd you have?

Kenn
15-Apr-10, 00:11
Should n't ducati be The Minister for roads and transport?

ducati
15-Apr-10, 00:14
Should n't ducati be The Minister for roads and transport?

OOh yes! Let me at it :eek:

I've already recruited another driver, see Sarah's thread.

Tubthumper
15-Apr-10, 00:19
Can I have a job please?:confused I'm not very bright but I'm passionate. And we need more decent women in politics. Also I look good, with legs and stuff.

mrlennie
15-Apr-10, 00:26
You have legs! How can I compete with this?!

horseman
15-Apr-10, 01:00
Brilliant phill---best one in ages-shall need some more time to discect any personal iff's an buts-but I am looking at crayola-I could put her in a better slot,but I would get banned for it.:) Lovely inventive post an topical of course.Hope it has a good run.

David Banks
15-Apr-10, 01:07
joxville can also act as The Checker of the Ex-Chancellor

horseman
15-Apr-10, 01:09
I shall look forward to this one phill, it must go a long way,the smart ones on the org will have some super replies. The rest of us will just grin.:)

Phill
15-Apr-10, 08:42
This is by no means the finished Cabinet, there will be some mini shuffles before we take power.

Tub's, I was leaning towards you for First Secretary of State. How's that?

Yeah, Transport. That's a biggy and I don't think we've really got anyone here that can take that on have we?

flash
15-Apr-10, 08:53
Can I suggest an egg and spoon race as selection for the Minister for the Olympics, probably a lot more stringent than some of the Labour selection process

riggerboy
15-Apr-10, 09:04
yip i can do that job ,have to pack my things ,

PIERPOINT, bring the gallows we are moving to new killing fields, ""no never mind the the silk underwear i can buy that over there,"" said in a whisper,

many thanks your dictatorship,

The Drunken Duck
15-Apr-10, 10:28
Anfield as Defence Sec .. :lol::lol:

Your kidding right ??

John Little
15-Apr-10, 10:33
Fred would be far better at that!

mrlennie
15-Apr-10, 11:16
yip i can do that job ,have to pack my things ,

PIERPOINT, bring the gallows we are moving to new killing fields, ""no never mind the the silk underwear i can buy that over there,"" said in a whisper,

many thanks your dictatorship,

..............................[lol]

Leanne
15-Apr-10, 11:54
Can I have a job please?:confused I'm not very bright but I'm passionate. And we need more decent women in politics. Also I look good, with legs and stuff.

Secretary of state for the arts?

crayola
18-Apr-10, 13:43
So when I am returned as Dictat....Prime Minister at the beginning of May I'll need a Cabinet. So from the .org I have started to put mine together:

Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government: Crayola
That'll suit me perfectly. Thank you.

Can I be Minister for Religion too?

Blarney
19-Apr-10, 00:28
Hope that you change your mind and give John Little a wee job in your cabinet because he's too erudite to sit on the back benches. I would love to see Riggerboy as Minister for Justice as he would fix the bad boys for you (been a while since there's been a good hanging locally). Better give Crayola the Minister for Religion post too or she'll put the heebie jeebies on your cabinet. She might also arrange a few midsummer outdoor romps... er sorry, cabinet meetings in the altogether, which could be quite good fun![lol]

Phill
19-Apr-10, 01:03
Hope that you change your mind and give John Little a wee job in your cabinet because he's too erudite to sit on the back benches. I would love to see Riggerboy as Minister for Justice as he would fix the bad boys for you (been a while since there's been a good hanging locally). Better give Crayola the Minister for Religion post too or she'll put the heebie jeebies on your cabinet. She might also arrange a few midsummer outdoor romps... er sorry, cabinet meetings in the altogether, which could be quite good fun![lol]

Mr John Little is under consideration.
RB was considered for Justice but in all honesty, I think he would be wasted there. Better he bring the rest of the planet into line.
Crayola I do believe will be best suited with local government, it's the polls wot won it. (Religion's all very well but I just don't do it)
And I believe we have touched on the Skyclad issues previously.

crayola
19-Apr-10, 01:07
Crayola I do believe will be best suited with local government, it's the polls wot won it. (Religion's all very well but I just don't do it)You won't have to do it. I will deal with it for you.

And I believe we have touched on the Skyclad issues previously.We have indeed and I no longer do that. But others might. :)

Maybe we should have a poll. :D

Phill
19-Apr-10, 01:10
You won't have to do it. I will deal with it for you.

Hmmmm, OK. You can have religion too but any funny business and it's to the Trebuchet.

crayola
19-Apr-10, 01:48
Hmmmm, OK. You can have religion too but any funny business and it's to the Trebuchet.
Thank you Mr PM. I shall be the best Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government since Hazel Blears and the best Minister for Religion since Mary Queen of Scots.

I shall try to appoint my Junior Ministers without delay.

Anfield
19-Apr-10, 02:06
Anfield as Defence Sec .. :lol::lol:

Your kidding right ??

Your jealous, I think I would make a brilliant Defence Secretary.

I would make you head of R&R, Bekisman our PR (adverse publicity cover up) and do the following:

All troops to be returned to UK and used to police our streets whilst the police can concentrate on the really serious criminal i.e. motorists (sore point as I got a speeding ticket on Friday)

All barracks converted to prisons for extra capacity to hold speeding motorists.

All guns melted down and turned into bars for the above prisons

The Navy's ships could be used to chase those cheeky French/Spanish fishing boats from UK waters

Airplanes would be sold off to Ryanair so that they can cut comfort levels back even further.

Sandhurst would be turned into a " G.A.P. (Get A Personality) " training centre for Post Office Postmasters/Lidl employees

Tanks to be deployed at Ibrox & Parkhead for Old Firm games.
Any whingers or people on sickies would be forced to attend above match, do it again and they get a season ticket for Aberdeen.
Persistent offenders would be forced to watch Scotland matches and serial offenders be locked in a room with Davie for 2 weeks.

The bearskin hats worn by the Coldstream guards would all be given to charity shops and the proceeds given to Petra/Stella McCartney so that they can design a more environmentally friendly hat

Davie can have all the regimental goats as he needs the company

Weapons Of Mass Destruction would all be smuggled into Iraq and buried in desert.
In 5 years time a tourist trip organised by TonyBlair Ltd would find then, thus proving that Iraq did have them all the time. GeorgeBushMultiNational Inc would then have to clarify whether they sold them to the UK, the Taliban or Afghanistan who then smuggled them into Iraq on the backs of donkeys.

All the military "top brass" would be pensioned.
Those members of the “top brass” who still have all their faculties would be encouraged to become Mods of the various forums in Scotland, the remainder would be forced to relocate to Portgower to start a selective breeding programme
All their medals would be given to one of the various TV auction programmes. Proceeds from the sale would go back to the nation to repay the £20+ million we had to pay the Churchill family for the "Churchill Papers", which although we thought we already owned, Lottery bosses thought otherwise.

As the Windsor family would no longer have a remit (no regiments to inspect or officers to give even more worthless medals to) I would put the “Windsor” franchise up for sale, so that we could recoup some of the millions which we have had to subsidise to this family. Keep Buck. Palace (at present 600+ rooms, but could be increased) and .turn it into a flat complex for MP’s. This also solves problems of greedy MP’s.
Give rest of palaces/castles/estates to either SHELTER or Donald Trump