PDA

View Full Version : Free to good home.

ShelleyCowie
14-Apr-10, 19:55
I have sadly come to the decision to rehome my cat Brenon. As i write this i am very upset and it was a hard decision to make.

Brenon is a 1 year old Bengal X cat, he has been neutered.

Over the last 6 months i have had some problems with Brenon and my older cat Fintan getting along. The fighting is getting too much and it has become a danger to athrun sometimes, please note thought that Brenon will NOT attack a child. Athrun seems to get caught up in the middle of it and its probably my fault because i cant get to him fast enough before he is scratched. But i just can not take the chance of this happening again, especially with another baby on the way.

Brenon is a very patient cat with kids, and i mean really patient. He will sit happily and get a poke in the eye, fingers in his mouth, tail pulled and wont flinch.

However, my preferences are that he would go to a country home/farm as he is very much an outdoor cat and loves to be out and running. Also i would prefer no children under 3 in the house. But that really is a preference, not a necessity.

Brenon may get along with other cats in the future, but the cat i already had is more dominant, hence the fights. He has been around dogs and usually takes a day or 2 to like them.

I am looking for a loving caring home for brenon where he can be the cat he is supposed to be.

Im not looking to be "shot down" by anyone and telling me i shouldnt of taken on the cat or whatever. Its not what im posting for. Im upset enough about this so i dont need anymore guilt.

Please PM me if you are genuinely interested in helping me out here. I will post a picture on a new post.

Thanks

Shelley x

ShelleyCowie
14-Apr-10, 19:56
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/5025/dsc01607m.jpg

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/391/dsc01723l.jpg

rambo1978
14-Apr-10, 20:49
Very interested in Brenon Shelley, Unfortunately I live in Wick but have a very large communal area from the back door, I'm positive Brenon would thrive and he would certainly go to a very good loving home.

unicorn
14-Apr-10, 23:17
Didn't you just advertise a black cat free to good home?

Rocky
14-Apr-10, 23:38
Hi Shelley

I would love to offere Brenan a home. We live on a farm in Reiss and have one cat called puss also dressed. We are away from the main road and have plently of hunting
for him if he so wished. I have stables so he would be an added bonus as a mouser! My cat Puss is i am sure a serial killer, either that or she thinks I don't shop right!!!

Let me know but we would love to have him and he would have as much scope as he
wanted and you are more than welcome to visit him at any time.

Cheers

Morag

Rocky
14-Apr-10, 23:52
Hi Shelley

I am totally new to the org and not sure if my first message went through!! Hope this is a pm!!! Anyway would love to have Brenon we are on a farm in Reiss away from the Road I run a livery business and he would have plenty a chance like our puss who is also bengal cross to become a great mouser with the added luxury of a warm bed!!! As I said in last mes but don't know if you received you would be more than welcome to visit at any time. And great you have another one on the way!! do they like horses??? touting for business!!

All e best Morag :Razz

07795 148 478

rambo1978
15-Apr-10, 04:45
Didn't you just advertise a black cat free to good home?

Yes I'm afraid she's scratched my daughter a few times now and reluctantly have to let her go.

dollycat
15-Apr-10, 08:41
I went to school with Rocky, you wont get a better home for him than with her family, so I would grab her offer Shelley and rest assured Brenan will love it there.:lol:

Dadie
15-Apr-10, 08:51
He has not long been "done" why not give it a wee while to see if it will calm him down....a few weeks rather than days!
He might still have all his hormones raging still:lol:

ShelleyCowie
15-Apr-10, 09:59
Thanks for everybodys PM's and things. Im feeling really upset today but i know what has to be done.

I have someone coming today to see wee Brenon. So if they 'click' then i will allow the person to take him home with them.

I would wait longer Dadie but im getting to the point now where my pregnancy is getting in the way of me getting to athrun fast enough if he is caught up in anything. And as normal brenon still attacking Fintan this morning.

Thanks again, will let you all know how it goes later x

topotheuk
15-Apr-10, 10:14
I agree with dolly you won't get a better home for your cat than with Rocky :)

ShelleyCowie
15-Apr-10, 11:28
Iv said goodbye to my boy :~( Still havent stopped crying but i know its for the best.

Brenon has gone home with someone who fell in love with him instantly, and brenon happily sat and got petted by him too so they looked good together.

Also im allowed to go see him or text and PM whenever i want to see how he is. So im happy about that.

Thanks for everyones nice messages, this has been one of the hardest days iv had in a long time. :~(

Ok thats enough because i gotta go distract myself to stop crying.

xxxxxxxxxx

Liz
15-Apr-10, 13:20
So sorry Shelley as I know how much you loved Brenon.:~(

Rictina
15-Apr-10, 13:43
AWww Shelley, you know in your heart that you made the right decision for Brenon. Its lovely that you know he has gone to a good home, that would mean so much to me. :)

Take care sweetie.

Liz
15-Apr-10, 13:43
Hi Shelley

I would love to offere Brenan a home. We live on a farm in Reiss and have one cat called puss also dressed. We are away from the main road and have plently of hunting
for him if he so wished. I have stables so he would be an added bonus as a mouser! My cat Puss is i am sure a serial killer, either that or she thinks I don't shop right!!!

Let me know but we would love to have him and he would have as much scope as he
wanted and you are more than welcome to visit him at any time.

Cheers

Morag

Welcome to the Org Morag!:D

I was too late to recommend you to Shelley which is a shame as you would have given a great home to Brenan.
I thought all the strays we feed might make their way up to your stables? Does Mr Woods stay there?

Caithness Cats Protection have cats needing homes so why don't you give them a call?

PS. To send someone a pm (personal message) just click on the username and you will get a drop down menu.

Rocky
15-Apr-10, 18:10
I would just like to say a big thank you to everyone singing our praises
its lovely to know. I am happy he has a good home and Shelley can keep
in touch. We have already been in touch with Cats protection and just
waiting for a sister and brother to arrive next week completely black so really
excited for their arrival, I am worse than the kids!!!

Thanks to Liz for helping me with my pm's!!! Totally hopeless at this milarky!!
but surely get there in time!! What does Mr Woods look like?? Met a lovely mainly white with a touch of tortoise shell proudly making her way through Rocky's field with a very large mouse, someone was in for a lovely treat!!!

All e Best

Morag

Liz
15-Apr-10, 18:19
Oh good for you for giving an unwanted cat a home Morag.:D

Mr Woods was previously known as Poody Woody :lol: and is a lovely grey and white cat which Elizabeth McAllan is kind enough to feed.

ShelleyCowie
15-Apr-10, 18:47
Got a message to say brenon slept all the way to his new home and settled in nicely. So that has cheered me up a bit knowing he is doing ok.

I dont think i have ever looked so hard for things to do to keep myself occupied so i never thought about him too much. Dont want to be getting upset too much.

I miss him. But he is happy in his new home.

Thank you everyone for the lovely messages. It really means alot to me that i have support like this. xxx

balto
15-Apr-10, 21:34
ah shelley what a shame you had to let him go, thankfully benny is fine with all my cats. thinking of youxx

teenybash
15-Apr-10, 22:20
Shelley in days to come you will feel better, knowing you have done right....now go off and distract yourself....bake something really nice and send me a virtual slice.;)

ShelleyCowie
15-Apr-10, 22:45
Shelley in days to come you will feel better, knowing you have done right....now go off and distract yourself....bake something really nice and send me a virtual slice.;)

Virtual scones and peanut butter cookies on their way round then. Had a busy afternoon baking, cleaning, playing games with athrun, cooking a roast.

I know the pain and guilt will subside eventually. im just glad he has settled in nicely and that makes me happy to know that.