PDA

View Full Version : The new prime minister's guide dog

crayola
14-Apr-10, 00:55
What name would you give to the new prime minister's guide dog?

Leanne
14-Apr-10, 01:03
Eh?????????

laguna2
14-Apr-10, 10:25
Eh?????????

seconded ??????????????????????????????????????:eek:

RecQuery
14-Apr-10, 10:37
Economic reference... I assume which economic theory do you thing the new prime minister will follow might be more apt. Though I should beat myself for using this word, perhaps we need a new economic paradigm.

Phill
14-Apr-10, 10:54
What, no Hayek!

crayola
14-Apr-10, 11:26
Hayek is a cat's name! And poor Hayek took decades to recover from his scrap with Marx in his own back yard.

Tubthumper
14-Apr-10, 12:46
What about 'Brown-Eye'? It's not intellekshule but it symbolises the spirit of the job.

Bazeye
14-Apr-10, 13:21
The guide dog would probably do a better job.

Kodiak
14-Apr-10, 14:14
I think the question for this poll should be :-

Has there ever been a more pointless Poll on .org

crayola
14-Apr-10, 14:36
What about 'Brown-Eye'? It's not intellekshule but it symbolises the spirit of the job.Yes indeed and Brown-eye is so experienced he can navigate his way around Whitehall by means of his nose alone, thus avoiding those undesirable places where long gone dogs have left their stale uric marks.

He has followed Keynes' bark for a number of years now. Has that bark led him up a smelly alley or did the smelly alley jump him? Does he need Friedman to guide him back onto the blossom-lined thoroughfare?

John Little
14-Apr-10, 15:46
"Does he need Friedman to guide him back onto the blossom-lined thoroughfare?"

That thoroughfare would be very nice for the haves.

To the many thousands who would lose their jobs and pay the price, not so nice.

I wonder how many millions of unemployed we would have not if it had not been for the fiscal stimulus of last year? How many people drawing benefit instead of paying taxes. I don't know for I am no expert, but I am thankful that Cameron was not in charge when the crisis hit.

George Brims
14-Apr-10, 19:12
The last time we had a new administration that followed Friedman, some of Caithness's brightest people not only left the county, they left the country. Well, one of them anyway. (Modest sort of bloke).

The US just had a year and a bit of Keynesian policy - the stock market is up 75% and unemployment appears to be bottoming out.

crayola
14-Apr-10, 22:11
"Does he need Friedman to guide him back onto the blossom-lined thoroughfare?"

That thoroughfare would be very nice for the haves.

To the many thousands who would lose their jobs and pay the price, not so nice.

I wonder how many millions of unemployed we would have not if it had not been for the fiscal stimulus of last year? How many people drawing benefit instead of paying taxes. I don't know for I am no expert, but I am thankful that Cameron was not in charge when the crisis hit.These are very good questions and in some ways I'm glad I don't know the answers because I think your thanks are well placed.

The last time we had a new administration that followed Friedman, some of Caithness's brightest people not only left the county, they left the country. Well, one of them anyway. (Modest sort of bloke).

The US just had a year and a bit of Keynesian policy - the stock market is up 75% and unemployment appears to be bottoming out.The FTSE 100 is about 65% higher than its low of March 2009 and UK unemployment is falling slightly although the total number employed is falling...presumably because some people have given up looking for a job. I am sure these figures would have been worse if Friedman had been peeing on the Thatcher gates before he went to bed at night.

But now the PM's dog must sort out the budget deficit before his credit rating drops and money becomes more expensive and the currency nose dives. Brown-eye has half an eye on Keynes' lamp post but would he continue to pee us out of recession or would he follow Milton to the butcher's?

crayola
09-May-10, 15:32
Recent developments suggest that the new PM will have George and Vince in his house vying for his attention. George is a yappy wee thing snapping at his heels and Vince is a wise old lab, but George has been his pet for a long long time.

Anfield
09-May-10, 16:18
Here Nick, fetch!

series2A
09-May-10, 17:44
I would call it
Another taxpayers burden

crayola
09-May-10, 18:51
Here Nick, fetch!
My Lib Dem pals are torn between Nick telling David where to go and Nick fetching for David with the possibility of getting a few scraps at the top table. They are disgusted with themselves for begging for scraps but the smell of power is overpowering.

Does anyone know how our very own bearded toff sits in all this?