PDA

View Full Version : Repair to wedding ring

flowertot
13-Apr-10, 20:28
Looking for somone, preferably on Thurso side, who could silver solder my OH's wedding ring. He caught it and broke one of the three interlinked rings.

Stack Rock
13-Apr-10, 20:43
I don't think any local jewellers do repairs. They always sent items off for repair.

spurtle
13-Apr-10, 20:44
I wouldn't put anything to anyone other than Patricia Niemann, she fixed a ring of mine tha t needed cut off, and you can't even see a join.

poppett
14-Apr-10, 00:06
McBeths the jewellers sent my OH`s wedding ring away after it split. He had it re-sized at the same time. We didn`t expect it to be so well done as it has orange blossom and lettering all round the outside, but the join is not visible at all. Took about ten days in total, and not very expensive either, considering the extra gold that would have gone into it and the craftsmanship matching the pattern and lettering.

ducati
14-Apr-10, 07:45
Looking for somone, preferably on Thurso side, who could silver solder my OH's wedding ring. He caught it and broke one of the three interlinked rings.

Any Jeweller will have a workshop they send repairs to. If it can be repaired (and not everything can) it will be as good as new. :D

BTW the solder used is an alloy of the metal being repaired so you won't see any join or repair