PDA

View Full Version : I don't know how to "Quote" !

cherokee
12-Apr-10, 22:36
How do I "Quote" a message on my post and also how do I "Quote" part of it?

Bobinovich
13-Apr-10, 01:23
Best thing to do is do a test post here, click the Quote button and try editing it - once you get the hang of it it's easy and very neat, and you can always use the Preview Post facility to see how it will look, rather than actually posting only to find out you've missed something out.

The multi-quote function is also very useful - there's a wee tutorial here (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=67411)

cherokee
13-Apr-10, 09:41
[quote=Bobinovich;690487]Best thing to do is do a test post here, click the Quote button and try editing it - once you get the hang of it it's easy and very neat, and you can always use the Preview Post facility to see how it will look, rather than actually posting only to find out you've missed something out.

Right, lets give this a go?

Bobinovich
13-Apr-10, 23:08
Best thing to do is do a test post here, click the Quote button and try editing it - once you get the hang of it it's easy and very neat, and you can always use the Preview Post facility to see how it will look, rather than actually posting only to find out you've missed something out.

When you edit the quote you need to leave the bits in square brackets alone, otherwise you don't get the quoted section separated in its own box.

golach
13-Apr-10, 23:09
When you edit the quote you need to leave the bits in square brackets alone, otherwise you don't get the quoted section separated in its own box.

Like this Bob?

cherokee
14-Apr-10, 08:16

Think I've got it !

cherokee
14-Apr-10, 08:18
Think I've got it !

Thanks for that :D

Tighsonas4
14-Apr-10, 09:53
glad you got it !! its the only way i can post
am like humpty dumpy , neither out or in tony [lol]

John Little
25-Apr-10, 15:30
[quote=Bobinovich;690487]Best thing to do is do a test post here, click the Quote button and try editing it - once you get the hang of it i

rather than actually posting only to find out you've missed something out.

Think I've got it !

glad you got it !! its the only way i can post
am like humpty dumpy , neither out or in tony [lol]

Is this how?

John Little
25-Apr-10, 15:31
[quote=cherokee;690524]

Is this how?

Meow! Meow!

wifie