PDA

View Full Version : Filling in on-line Forms

bekisman
12-Apr-10, 15:32
Just been filling in my product registration for a Samsung TV, online.. Form tells me to give address; number of house and name, well don't have a number it's just 'a name', so put it in. Comes up Red; must put house number! Just would not complete without it. So simply put a dot (.) in the number line and hey presto, it was accepted.. Don't these whiz kids who programme forms have an imagination that some houses do not have numbers? :mad:

riggerboy
12-Apr-10, 15:53
i assume you have a phone yes

bekisman
12-Apr-10, 15:59
i assume you have a phone yes

Your point is?

Invisible
12-Apr-10, 16:02
just put 0

bekisman
12-Apr-10, 16:05
just put 0

That comes up as 'O' on the address on the envelope when they write, the (.) does not show ;)

riggerboy
12-Apr-10, 16:11
Your point is?

you have a house number lol

sorry couldna help masel

im behind you
12-Apr-10, 16:17
what about the bit where it says sex do you put yes please or no thanks.that always gets me.

bekisman
12-Apr-10, 16:48
you have a house number lol

sorry couldna help masel

(Thanks j.d. for the PM.) I think you mean why not use the telephone? really, do people still use those? I understand that the number is an 0845 one, but suppose I could spend valuable time searching for an alternative free one, and eventually get though to some person who's English is not.
Nah, simple form filling on-line (as I can spell OK) seemed to do the trick, well most of it... :lol:

Scunner
12-Apr-10, 17:01
know the frustration, don't have a house name or number - if you phone, all you get is what a strange accent you've got, not me I say it you that speaks funny

Phill
12-Apr-10, 19:47
I've had to stop doing the online forms, knackered me monitor with all the pen marks.

Beat Bug
12-Apr-10, 22:33
My problem with filling in forms on line is that I have neither a house number or a road name!