PDA

View Full Version : Found a Pup

StacNKel
11-Apr-10, 18:42
Hi found a wee black lurcher pup on Harrow terrace (wick). brought her into the house incase she runs off farther. she has white toes and belly and the rest of her is black and is very friendly. PM me if your pup will keep her safe until then.

teenybash
11-Apr-10, 19:09
Lovely that you have taken the puppy in to keep her safe.....maybe her owners will see your post.:)

StacNKel
11-Apr-10, 19:32
Tried to call dog warden but didnt get an answer will try again the morn. she doesnt have a collar on either which doesnt help but as she seems very young she maybe shouldnt be out yet. she is fine in my house for now anyway she doesnt seem to mind my own dog too much and holly doesnt mind sharing us (so far)so will see what happens at least if i have her here she cant get ran over or run off really far!

Liz
11-Apr-10, 19:49
How kind of you to take the wee pup in to safety.:D

Here's hoping her owner turns up soon.

Dadie
11-Apr-10, 19:52
Have you reported your find to the police?
Just incase there is a frantic owner out there going out their mind with worry!

StacNKel
11-Apr-10, 20:25
yeah noone has called looking for her :( so i have said i can keep her until the dog warden can collect her the morn. lol my kids have become very attached to her so she happy an been fed and is now having a wee sleep on sofa has made herself quite comfortable! hoping her owners have a look on here though as she seems very attached to my son so i think she must be from somewhere with children and they must be missing she is a lovely wee thing, not too fond of my dog though haha growls at her if she comes near us

northener
11-Apr-10, 20:37
The dog warden is 'MopTop' on here.

I know she's been on holiday so may not be back at work until tomorrow. Sounds like a nice little dog.

unicorn
11-Apr-10, 20:40
It was lovely of you to take the pup in, I realy hope it is reunited with it's owners soon. I would be frantic if mine went missing.

StacNKel
11-Apr-10, 20:43
she is gorgeous! becoming attached to her myself! couldnt see her wandering the street she too wee. will b sad to see her go but will be happy to see her reunited with her family, i would be worried sick if my dog went missing. but i contacted everyone i can until the morn so will just be a case of seeing where she wants to sleep the night, she seems very fond of my bed so i think there might be me, the OH, a golden retriever and the little lost puppy in the bed tonight!! and i am 6 months pregnant so take up most o it so might have to boot the OH onto the couch ha.

Leanne
11-Apr-10, 21:01
If you are looking for someone to take her in, we have two lurchers and have fostered twice before. Give me a shout if you need a hand x

StacNKel
11-Apr-10, 21:53
thanks will b fine for the night though will see what the warden says tomorrow i did suggest to OH we keep her until her owner is found but he wasnt too keen lol so if warden needs someone to take over tomorrow i will get in touch with you leanne. she is a lovely pup. not very dog social though seems to prefer people

purplelady
11-Apr-10, 22:01
she was on cairndhunna this morn and what al ovely wee dog she is too she seemed to come from top end of cairndhunna if that helps was heading out to work and could not take her in have 2 dogs and a cat myself x

StacNKel
11-Apr-10, 22:10
ah well not too far then i dont really know many folk in wick i have kinda always kept myself to myself since i moved up here. hopefully they will either get in touch wi police or warden and then be reunited. but she doesn't even have a collar on so maybe need to secure their garden better!! she must have been roaming the streets since then. glad i took her or she could have ended up anywhere. my son very attached to her now even named her sox he will be sad when she gone :(

StacNKel
12-Apr-10, 08:13
Thought i would update you all on how puppy was last night, she seems to have made herself at home. She slept in my son's bed the whole night never whimpered or cried at all. This morning she been giving everyone kisses and running around with my own dog. Going to give the warden a ring shortly and see if we can get her home. My boy will be gutted though he has fallen in love with her and she really is a loveable wee dog.

Iffy
12-Apr-10, 08:32
What a lovely and thoughtful thing to do, taking in the wee puppy to prevent it getting hurt or wandering !!

I'd imagine that its not only your little boy getting attached to her though.....is it?;)

Hope that you find her owners and that they think just as highly of her and are as good to her as you obviously are!

Good Luck!

mop top
12-Apr-10, 09:45
Hi

I have pm'd you my mobile no just back from hols today give me a ring and i will be able to pick up pup. Many thanks to you for looking after pup overnight.

cheers anne

StacNKel
12-Apr-10, 10:24
lol no i think we all have apart from my dog lol i think she is a wee bit jealous! But yeah i admit i fell in love wi her too she is a wee sweetie

StacNKel
12-Apr-10, 15:56
Well the pup has been collected by The Dog warden and i am terribly sad she has gone. Was going to foster her until she was claimed/re-homed but a lady contacted who would foster and be able to give her a forever home if she needs one so i am glad she will be finding a family. Still sad though but realistically at the moment i couldn't offer her a home forever. (though i think i could have talked OH into it by the end o the foster period lol).

Would like to say though the dog warden is lovely and does a fantastic and worthwhile job and now i know of a needy cause i know where to donate things now! She needs your old/unwanted dog items, collars/leads/food etc. Also may consider helping out with any future dogs needing fostered as long as they family friendly!

I am really glad i took the pup in and fingers crossed she has a new family and if not she will be coming back to me.

teenybash
12-Apr-10, 16:14
Aawe, never mind at least you know pup will have her forever home if no one claims her and you have played such an important part in her future. Well done................:)

purplelady
12-Apr-10, 22:30
she was alovely little thing i thought her owner was near by but mo sign then she went running up the road and that miust have been when you found her so glad you did xx

StacNKel
13-Apr-10, 11:58
Just had an up date on pup and she had a really good night with her new foster mum (hopefully her forever home) and is behaving herself. very happy she is settled and got homed so fast.

Iffy
13-Apr-10, 12:40
Thanks for keeping us updated stacNKel !

Glad the wee dog has found a foster home, and hopefully a forever one as well!

You should be proud of yourself for helping to bridge that gap in her life -
WELL DONE !!! :)