PDA

View Full Version : The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus

ShelleyCowie
10-Apr-10, 21:10
Excellent movie!

I was a little unsure at the beginning of the film, wasnt quite sure what it was all about or going to come to. But when the story un-folded my eyes were glued to the TV.

Not wanting to give away the story. Actor line up was excellently played though. Obviously Heath Ledgers last movie filmed. Also includes Johnny Depp, Jude Law, Christopher Plummer, Colin Farrell, Tom Waites, Verne Troyer and Lily Cole.

The "travellers" give an audience more than what they bargained for in the Imaginarium.

Maybe not everybodys type of film, and i think i may have to watch it again to understand it fully but a definate must see.

Terry Gilliam movies arent my favourite (not a monty python fan) but this was just excellent!

porshiepoo
14-Apr-10, 09:57
Seriously? Excellent movie???
Blimey just shows how we all think differently. lol.

I think it was one of the most over rated, boring, stupid and pointless films ever made.
I struggled through it once and I could never do it again. Even my kids thought it was ridiculous.

StacNKel
15-Apr-10, 23:33
i watched it, i found it quite strange. but thought it was moving they said it was from "heath ledger and friends" and that some ace actors stepped in to help fill in the scenes when heath couldn't. as my OH said Johnny Depp agreed to have a part so it had to be a strange movie. i did enjoy it but i think watching it the once was enough for me.