PDA

View Full Version : Shocking News

ducati
10-Apr-10, 13:53
The plane disaster Killing the Polish President and First Lady along with everyone on board the plane. The party included many senior govenment and institutional leaders.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100410/tuk-polish-leader-hailed-after-crash-6323e80.html

This is a terrible disaster and the world will want to know how it could happen.

riggerboy
10-Apr-10, 13:54
very sad indeed,

Anfield
10-Apr-10, 15:09
Whilst it is very sad that the Polish president died in a plane crash, does it merit the amount of coverage that the BBC are giving it?

Would the death of our PM get the same coverage throughout the world?

rich
10-Apr-10, 15:13
The death of Gordon Brown would get far more coverage than his Polish counterpart because Britain is in the middle of an election!!!!!That should be obvious to a three-year-old.

Anfield
10-Apr-10, 15:55
The death of Gordon Brown would get far more coverage than his Polish counterpart because Britain is in the middle of an election!!!!!That should be obvious to a three-year-old.

Why do you think that the Polish people would be interested in our elections?

changilass
10-Apr-10, 15:58
Whilst it is very sad that the Polish president died in a plane crash, does it merit the amount of coverage that the BBC are giving it?

Can you not just comment on a thread without trying to cause a bliddy argument.

Who cares who gets more coverage and why.

Our PM aint dead so it aint relevant at this particular moment.

If however he was to cark it, then I would imagine the coverage would be pretty much worldwide.

rich
10-Apr-10, 15:59
Anfield you specifically mentioned the rest of the world. Maybe you should read your own posts a little more rigorously!

achingale
10-Apr-10, 16:08
I think the loss of the president would be more equivelent to the Queen in our country, not the Prime Minister.

golach
10-Apr-10, 16:13
Dont be stupid anfield, the Polish people that work here in the UK in their thousands are interested in our politics and our elections, the elections concern then also. I talk to my Polish, Ukraniane and Czech barmaids every week and they are very up on UK politics.

riggerboy
10-Apr-10, 16:16
Dont be stupid anfield, the Polish people that work here in the UK in their thousands are interested in our politics and our elections, the elections concern then also. I talk to my Polish, Ukraniane and Czech barmaids every week and they are very up on UK politics.

hear hear or is that here here

The Drunken Duck
10-Apr-10, 17:08

Czech, Ukranian, and Polish barmaids. You lucky git.

So .. just how attractive are these barmaids ?? .. :D

golach
10-Apr-10, 17:13
Czech, Ukranian, and Polish barmaids. You lucky git.

So .. just how attractive are these barmaids ?? .. :D
All under 30 years old, very friendly in a platonic way, most are pretty and slender DD ;)

Anfield
10-Apr-10, 21:01
Can you not just comment on a thread without trying to cause a bliddy argument.

Who cares who gets more coverage and why.

Our PM aint dead so it aint relevant at this particular moment.

If however he was to cark it, then I would imagine the coverage would be pretty much worldwide.

I apologise profusely for having the temerity of expressing my opinion on a thread on a PUBLIC forum.

I have learnt my lesson, and I will pm you with any future posts I wish to make so that YOU can decide whether or not it is OK for the public to view it.

The Drunken Duck
10-Apr-10, 21:06
All under 30 years old, very friendly in a platonic way, most are pretty and slender DD ;)

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/3246/175556909036167f9c9e.jpg

Anfield
10-Apr-10, 21:08
Anfield you specifically mentioned the rest of the world. Maybe you should read your own posts a little more rigorously!

I am a bit confused as to what you are trying to say. My initial post is as follows:
"Whilst it is very sad that the Polish president died in a plane crash, does it merit the amount of coverage that the BBC are giving it?

Would the death of our PM get the same coverage throughout the world?"

One foreign statesman dies ( plus 90+ other passengers) and his death gets almost as much media coverage as Wayne Rooney's injured ankle.

We have not seen this amount of coverage for any of the 280+ British Soldiers killed in Afghanistan or for any of the thousands of civilians killed in the same illegal war

bobbyrussell09
10-Apr-10, 21:20
the english are funny wae there news,i agree with the wayne rooney thing ,well out overhyped.

Creme_Egg
10-Apr-10, 21:22
Some people are so shallow!!

changilass
10-Apr-10, 21:23
Jack Duckworth leaving corrie was headline news the other day, so ankles and dead presidents seem quite reasonable by comparison.

bobbyrussell09
10-Apr-10, 21:28
it is sad news ,no one likes to hear ppl dying ,an even more on plane tragedys but personally the making a mountain out o a mole hill

bekisman
10-Apr-10, 21:44

'caus those here can vote?

Estimates for the total number of people living in the UK and born in Poland, or of Polish descent vary significantly. The figure has been quoted as 600,000 (February 2007) and "well over a million" (October 2007)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polonia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polonia)

Rictina
10-Apr-10, 21:52
It's very sad news indeed to hear of all those deaths.

luskentyre
11-Apr-10, 01:18

Of course it would.

Alan16
11-Apr-10, 01:59

I would suggest that it would get considerably more. And also, what other bid news is there? The other big story seems to be the election stuff which has been going on for days and will go on for many more, as well as the organ thing. Compared to the death of a state leader, they're not that huge. In my opinion, at least.

Aaldtimer
11-Apr-10, 03:19
For goodness sake, we're talking about the death of a popular Head of State, the First Lady, many senior Politicians and Military men of one of the major nations in Europe!
Why wouldn't it be big news?
If it was the US/UK personnel it would be.
Is Poland any different?
Sheesh ...little Englanders comes to mind!:eek: