PDA

View Full Version : The birthday present

veekay
10-Apr-10, 09:58
Today is my birthday. For my birthday my son, aged 17, bought me a hoe - I have recently found gardening quite lovely so need this sort of thing. He purchased said hoe in Homebase, well when I say he purchased said hoe, I would be telling a lie, his Dad purchased the hoe for him, with his money and whilst my son was with him. Why? Well apparently you cannot buy a hoe unless you are 18!
Now maybe I have missed the news item where people are going out on the streets with how in hand to cause mischief but have you ever heard anything so daft?

It is a nice hoe and will be well used though.

wicker8
10-Apr-10, 10:39
happy birthday hope you enjoy your gardening yes thats the law silly some off it but thats the way it is

Mr Z
10-Apr-10, 10:43
You cant risk having a teenager on the streets with a hoe he may start tiding the place up, removing weeds etc and spoil the neglected look of the area!!!!!!!

Tighsonas4
10-Apr-10, 10:52
things are getting more comical by the day, its the times in which we live tony

riggerboy
10-Apr-10, 11:03
i completely agree with the law, infact i think you should be 21 before you can by garden tools,

imagine a 17 year old with a tool like that he could start a hoe lot o trouble,

o and happy birthday

brandy
10-Apr-10, 11:29
its just a saftey precaution.. not so much up here but standard across the board.. anything that can be sharpened and used as a potential weapon.
it may seem silly to us.. but how many stanley knives have been used as murder weapons.. and remember the phrase ax murderer?
and why are they so strict? because they send in people to try to buy them, and if you are caught selling them to underage people then not only is the company in trouble, but the person who has sold said item, facing trial, and heavy fines as well as jail time. so at the end of the day it is much easier and safer to just have someone over 18 to buy it.. sorry for any inconvience, but the law is the law.. not the people serving you, they are just doing their jobs *Grins*

northener
10-Apr-10, 11:53
i completely agree with the law, infact i think you should be 21 before you can by garden tools,

imagine a 17 year old with a tool like that he could start a hoe lot o trouble,

I'd have just called a spade a spade and told them to fork off.

Kodiak
10-Apr-10, 12:05
Happy Birthday veekay and I hope you have a good day. I trust you will be having a real good HOE Down tonight. :D

brandy
10-Apr-10, 12:13
ohhh forgot to say in all my pomp! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

nightspirit
10-Apr-10, 15:45
Happy Birthday - i hope you have a wonderfull day :) :) :) :-) :-)

John Little
10-Apr-10, 16:07
Happy birthday - I hope you have a good 'un.

A tip though - never ever try to buy a hoe down here. Always ask for a garden hoe.

Bazeye
10-Apr-10, 17:07
Thought this thread would have been moved to the music section by now.

Anji
10-Apr-10, 18:02

Or the gardening section.

trix
10-Apr-10, 23:42

hoe hoe hoe - lafin ma ass off [lol]

happy birthday veekay, many happy returns.

ChuckBuscuits
11-Apr-10, 16:53
you got a hoe!.
lucky you.
was she pretty? and she turn tricks?[lol]