PDA

View Full Version : Horse Riding

chocolatechip
09-Apr-10, 19:46
Does is there a horse riding school that teaches adults and that's not to expensive and that teaches on a one to one basis if possible. Thank you in advance :D

brandy
09-Apr-10, 20:04
and if you find one thats local that does HW let me know as well!

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
09-Apr-10, 22:05
best try wickchick on here - Ashleigh has her riding school open in Wick....worth a try for sure

brandy
09-Apr-10, 22:14
she dosent have any grown up horses yet just child size

John Baikie
09-Apr-10, 23:07
Natalie Oag at Horsin Around, Lyth 0785 1660 324
She runs a ladies group which is very popular.

SJR
09-Apr-10, 23:18
Marion Bain - Achalone Activites - Halkirk 01847831326. She does Adult and kids lessons and treking. She will do group lessons or on your own if you prefer.

plutonio
10-Apr-10, 08:54
Ashleigh's stables at Old Wick is highly recommended, a very knowledgable nice girl, great facilities with excellent focus on rider safety. Our kids love her.

brandy
10-Apr-10, 09:33
i recommend natalie.. my boys go there and they love her! does really well with ben... the girls are really patient and kind, and work one on one with them.

Loraine
10-Apr-10, 13:01
i recommend natalie.. my boys go there and they love her! does really well with ben... the girls are really patient and kind, and work one on one with them.

Does natalie have a weight limit for adults tho? :confused

brandy
10-Apr-10, 13:01
yes she does .. its 13 stone im afraid

flowertot
10-Apr-10, 22:09
Ashleigh from Castle View Stables is really good for kids, but she also does adult lessons, as I am getting one in a fortnight - really looking forward to it.

Also the stables are first class and horses sound :Razz

highlandlassie
11-Apr-10, 11:10
I recommend Marion Bain at Achalone as she has very good Horses. My mum went back horse riding after 20 years and got a horse called Donna who was excellent and gave her confidence and made her feel safe.

ShelleyCowie
11-Apr-10, 11:14
I recommend Marion Bain at Achalone as she has very good Horses. My mum went back horse riding after 20 years and got a horse called Donna who was excellent and gave her confidence and made her feel safe.

My mum was the same, she returned to horse riding after quite a few years after a long time of me nagging her to. And she loved Donna. Calm, easy going horse.

donnick
11-Apr-10, 12:21
I think you should try as many as u can ,as u will find out which one suits ur needs as u might prefer one to the other and u might get on better with one instructor and horse .I would also recommend that you ask what qualification they have and insurance there prices that suit ur pocket .do a bit of home work 1st or maybe ask to watch a lesson before u have one they shouldnt mind .hope that helps