PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Power.

loganbiffy
09-Apr-10, 18:02
Hey folks, my laptop has now developed a loose connection when you plug in the power cable.
It basically wiggles in the slot and you kind of have to hold it in for it to charge.
I know it's a fairly simple job to fix it though, anyone keen to have a look at it?

Thanks.

Bobinovich
09-Apr-10, 23:01
Fairly simple eh! - not from my experience. Firstly you have to dismantle the laptop right down to board level and then you need a quality soldering station, desoldering pump and/or flux, as well as the knowledge to use it without causing any damage to surrounding components.

IMO the power connector is one of the most awkward components to replace.

loganbiffy
10-Apr-10, 00:31
Fairly simple eh! - not from my experience. Firstly you have to dismantle the laptop right down to board level and then you need a quality soldering station, desoldering pump and/or flux, as well as the knowledge to use it without causing any damage to surrounding components.

IMO the power connector is one of the most awkward components to replace.

Hi Bob, I have been told by an experienced fellow that it all depends on make and model of Laptop.
Luckily I have one of the easy models to do. Thank god for that.

Bobinovich
10-Apr-10, 01:01
Ah well I'll take your/his work for that - the ones I've tried (and failed at each time) have put me off for good, I'll not try another.