PDA

View Full Version : back ache

wicker8
07-Apr-10, 20:39
hi all saying it was such a nice day i decided to go and do my garden now i have a sore back any remedies lol:Razz

ducati
07-Apr-10, 20:41
hi all saying it was such a nice day i decided to go and do my garden now i have a sore back any remedies lol:Razz

Get a gardener ;) And lend them to me :Razz

George Brims
07-Apr-10, 20:44
I recommend the Hat and Whisky cure. After a hot bath, go to bed with a bottle of whisky, having first hung your hat where you can see it. Drink the whisky until the hat appears to move by itself. In the morning you won't be bothered by your back, though you will be hung over and late for work.

upolian
07-Apr-10, 20:45
Id seek professional advice

wicker8
07-Apr-10, 21:48
I recommend the Hat and Whisky cure. After a hot bath, go to bed with a bottle of whisky, having first hung your hat where you can see it. Drink the whisky until the hat appears to move by itself. In the morning you won't be bothered by your back, though you will be hung over and late for work.this is just brilliant lol

Dadie
07-Apr-10, 21:52
Even better take the whiskey with you when you have your bath... 1 or 2 glasses while you are soaking (use your big toe to turn the tap to top up the hot water) in a nice radox bath..... you shouldnt feel your back sore when you get out the bath...

elastic band
07-Apr-10, 21:55
Hi Dadie,
simple analgesia -paracetamol and ibuprofen (providing you are not asthmatic) -take regulatly for 24-48 hrs and try to move as able.Don't lie still or on boards as this will only mean you stiffen up further.

hope you feel better soon

wicker8
07-Apr-10, 22:00
Even better take the whiskey with you when you have your bath... 1 or 2 glasses while you are soaking (use your big toe to turn the tap to top up the hot water) in a nice radox bath..... you shouldnt feel your back sore when you get out the bath...hi dadie thanks i had a bath it did help must try next time to use my big toe ?lol

ShelleyCowie
07-Apr-10, 22:17

Try to sleep on your back tonight, making sure your pillows are not too high, so if you have to then maybe take one away. If you cant sleep on your back (i cant) then go to bed and just lye there for a wee while. It just keeps your spine and muscles aligned for a while. :Razz

The whisky idea sounded like something good for my OH to try but pain killers dont allow alcohol :lol: But his is arthritis so its different

Dadie
07-Apr-10, 22:18
My back is fine:lol:
But when I put it out when pregnant a nice soak and a heat pack helped.... soaking in the bath like a stranded whale eating chocolates was bliss:lol:
Wicker8 has a achy back from hard work so a good soak and a well earned treat is justified!

The Angel Of Death
07-Apr-10, 23:18
Get one of them tens machines there good for your back quite shocking some might say ;)

John Little
07-Apr-10, 23:47
I have two collapsed discs. The doctor gave me Arthrotec 50 which is a miracle pill. When my back hurst I take it - two or three in a day sort me out then I stop.

Bazeye
08-Apr-10, 00:54
Cannabis, headphones and a sofa.

wicker8
08-Apr-10, 11:47
I have two collapsed discs. The doctor gave me Arthrotec 50 which is a miracle pill. When my back hurst I take it - two or three in a day sort me out then I stop.hi john thats not so good i was told these pills are great hope hey help

John Little
08-Apr-10, 11:51
Oh they are brilliant- they are a powerful dose of Diclofenuc and I recommend them to anyone with spinal problems.

Hoida
08-Apr-10, 13:01
Yes I thought Diclofenac were brilliant but are a contributing factor to my CKD! :(

Vistravi
08-Apr-10, 14:26
When you find something that works for you wicker8 please tell me what it was. I think the only soloution to mine though is giving birth and its still too early for that yet lol.

George Brims
09-Apr-10, 00:20
Hi Dadie,
simple analgesia -paracetamol and ibuprofen (providing you are not asthmatic) -take regulatly for 24-48 hrs and try to move as able.Don't lie still or on boards as this will only mean you stiffen up further.

hope you feel better soon
DO NOT mix the paracetamol with my whisky cure. They don't mix.

Serious advice is to take ibuprofen and keep taking it regularly until a day or two after he pain has gone. It reduces inflammation and swelling in whatever you've tweaked, thus relieving pressure on pinched nerves. I have a few ibuprofen tablets the size of pigeon eggs that I keep in reserve from an earlier episode.

Dadie
09-Apr-10, 10:18
Vistravi
All you can do is have hot baths, use heatpacks, paracetamol when its really bad and see the midwife incase a bump brace would help.
I got co codamol when I did my back in good and proper when I was pregnant with Euan (I could hardly walk though). They worked on the pain but I didnt like taking them!

John Little
09-Apr-10, 10:59
Somebody said that Arthrotec was only Volterol with a stomach protector. This is true but the Volterol you buy over the counter is only 12.5mg Diclofenac- Arthrotec is a whammy of a pill of 50mg three times a day.

Use with discretion - works for me.

Stefan
09-Apr-10, 17:30
Anybody thought about natural remedies without pumping your body full of harmful chemicals?

I suffer from back ache a lot and I take oil of oregano. It's an anti-inflammatory and works just as well as any chemical pill I have ever taken. Crushed garlic does the same but I am intolerant to bulb plants...

Be careful about advising people to take declofenac, it's a known allergen and can be life threatening if you take it and are allergic to it.

Stuffing your face with powerful painkillers over many years will mean your body gets used to them and you have to increase the dose further and further.

Some pain you can't do anything about but if you suffer from a bad back regularly it's often a muscle problem, which means exercising helps and muscle relaxation. Hot bath, standing, sitting and sleeping in the right posture etc. Lots of things that can be done, but no miracles I am afraid.

First get a diagnosis from your GP, nod when he prescribes pills, don't fetch them from the chemist, instead research online about natural remedies that replace your pills.

Bazeye
09-Apr-10, 18:25
Some pain you can't do anything about but if you suffer from a bad back regularly it's often a muscle problem, which means exercising helps and muscle relaxation. Hot bath, standing, sitting and sleeping in the right posture etc. Lots of things that can be done, but no miracles I am afraid.

Or just go on invalidity.

Ricco
13-Apr-10, 07:22

As long as you haven't pulled anything... get back out in the garden and do some more. Unused muscles will always complain to begin with. I started working on my allotment 3 days ago and the first night was very uncomfortable; the second was better and now I feel fine. :D