PDA

View Full Version : Im missing nursery school

Dadie
07-Apr-10, 14:12
Lauren keeps asking when can I go to school, is it on today and I think Iona is missing Mother and toddlers.
The pair of them have been in all sorts of trouble today, driving me demented and nothing seems to be going right!
Dont think they like the change in routine too much.
Life seems to run a bit more smoothly when they know the routine.
Any other mums having this problem in the hols?

ps Its not that im wanting rid of them for a couple of hours either!
There doesnt seem to be much for wee ones to do through the hols either...and they need to let off some energy too!

ellimac
07-Apr-10, 15:04
Lauren keeps asking when can I go to school, is it on today and I think Iona is missing Mother and toddlers.
The pair of them have been in all sorts of trouble today, driving me demented and nothing seems to be going right!
Dont think they like the change in routine too much.
Life seems to run a bit more smoothly when they know the routine.
Any other mums having this problem in the hols?

ps Its not that im wanting rid of them for a couple of hours either!

I know what you mean Dadie, my two are exactally the same, my oldest keeps asking for nursery, whining why itsn't it on, etc, etc.........Lol..... And I know my youngest is missing her mother and toddler group very much, she loves going to it and seeing the other children and playing with all the toys etc.......
They are constantly bickering with each other and arguing over there toys etc..... Roll on the schools going back, especially with the weather being as it has been.....
Thought are with you on this one Dadie.....Lol...... :D

Dadie
07-Apr-10, 15:11
The weather definately hasnt helped!
But we have done fun stuff inside... havent made so many cakes for years!
Jigsaws, painting, decorating eggs, sticking and glueing and playing with toys.
But im sure they are fed up of each other as there is constant squabbling.

ellimac
07-Apr-10, 15:23

Yip its the same here, they are just getting bored with it all now...... But its nice to see them playing together when they are not bickering with each other....
You'll have a lot more to see and do down there compared to us here.....
Forest walk and swimming this week, that should keep them amused for a wee while.... :D

Dadie
07-Apr-10, 15:28
Im in Watten!
Cant do swimming as I have too many kids for the child to adult ratio they have.... Poppy dog is lame (think its arthritis as it flares up in the cold and damp) so walking is out too!

ellimac
07-Apr-10, 15:34
Im in Watten!
Cant do swimming as I have too many kids for the child to adult ratio they have.... Poppy dog is lame (think its arthritis as it flares up in the cold and damp) so walking is out too!

Sorry mind block, was typing and thinking of somebody else who has a daughter with the same name.....Lol....
Well I will rephase that then, you have the same amount of stuff to go to as we have and that ain't a lot..... The pool ratio annoy's me, but I suppose its there for the correct reasons.... Ah poor poppy, at's a shame for her.... Hope it doesn't bother her too much...... ;)

Vistravi
07-Apr-10, 16:58

Aww poor things. I was always bored in the holidays. I would go as far as saying that the kids do get perhaps a bit too long for holidays.

It's a good thing the kids go back to school next monday. ;)

ShelleyCowie
07-Apr-10, 17:17
Kids wasnt really missing school. they like sleeping in as much as i do lol.

i do miss taking athrun to mother and toddler tho. But i will get back to that next week as normal. Its been good havin a wee break to get some extra things done in the house.

Roll on back to normality! :lol:

marlyn
07-Apr-10, 20:09
ha ha Elllimac - that would be me then.... yes it is much easier to find indoor things to do down here, although it is at a cost!! and we were up in Thurso last week when the weather is awful! my 2 are definitely missing school and nursery too, although they are enjoying the lazy mornings and later nights - and the fighting between them does not sem to be quite so bad at the moment - I am very much looking forward to Monday!!! Iona goes to nursery all day on a Monday so it will be loooooovely.... not long to go girls.

wicker8
07-Apr-10, 22:05
ah the little ones get set in a routine and its a shame they are then put of there way they dont understand and thre should be something for them in the holidays it makes it long for them my wee grandson is only 9 mths he goes to the mother and toddlers and when he comes home al he does is dance to music or clap his hands so i know he enjoys it they also miss playing with other bairns

ellimac
08-Apr-10, 12:37
ha ha Elllimac - that would be me then.... yes it is much easier to find indoor things to do down here, although it is at a cost!! and we were up in Thurso last week when the weather is awful! my 2 are definitely missing school and nursery too, although they are enjoying the lazy mornings and later nights - and the fighting between them does not sem to be quite so bad at the moment - I am very much looking forward to Monday!!! Iona goes to nursery all day on a Monday so it will be loooooovely.... not long to go girls.

Ha, ha, ha, yes it was you.....Lol.... :lol: Was thinking about your 2 little darlings and wrote the wrong thing to the wrong person.... These things happen, eh.....Lol..
We're planning down to Ness and we must take our two upto that new play area that opened up at Matalan's, have heard it is quite good... Have you taken the girls to it yet?? Here you should off popped out to Murkle if you were up here on the Tuesday, would of been lovely to off seen you and the girls....
Like you I'm looking forward to Monday, but unlike you I only have one going to Nursery at the mo, the following week they both go together for one day....
Drop us a line and we can get a catch up..... Say hi to the girls for me......

Take care and speak soon........ :D

marlyn
08-Apr-10, 23:04
Playzone is the place at matalan, yes been loads!! Iona is at nursery in the afternoon so a few of us quite often meet there in the morning before nursery it is really good and the school is just round the corner! it is really busy at the weekends so a good idea to go first thing especially if the weather is bad.

Actually passed Murkle hall last Tuesday on the way to Dunnet forest and spotted all the cars - was good to see so many cars there!

Give me a shout if you are planning down and we maybe manage a catch up, we live up the hill from Matalan.

ellimac
09-Apr-10, 14:45
Playzone is the place at matalan, yes been loads!! Iona is at nursery in the afternoon so a few of us quite often meet there in the morning before nursery it is really good and the school is just round the corner! it is really busy at the weekends so a good idea to go first thing especially if the weather is bad.

Actually passed Murkle hall last Tuesday on the way to Dunnet forest and spotted all the cars - was good to see so many cars there!

Give me a shout if you are planning down and we maybe manage a catch up, we live up the hill from Matalan.

Will do, thanks for that, I didn't know what it was called, just a few people have been on about how good it is and that there is quite a lot to do....
Yeah that would be nice to catch up and to see your girls.... You should off come in you would been made at home... It is good to see a few new faces and its nice that its busy....
Catch up with you soon, take care...x :D