PDA

View Full Version : bedsheets

Dynamic Sounds
07-Apr-10, 13:43
Am I the only one in the world with the following problem.

Recently I got a new matress that is about 2 inch higher than my old one. Now my old fitted sheets don't seem to fit this new matress and quite often in the middle of the night I awake to find that the sheet has come away at one or more corner, or along a whole side.

How can i stop this happening? or are there fitted sheets that are bigger?

Ta

pat
07-Apr-10, 14:45
You get sheets for deep mattresses - so suggest you invest in some new deep fitted sheets or buy larger flat sheets which you can then tuck further under your mattress.

Ensure you measure depth of your new mattress and then start looking for sheets with that depth or deeper fitted sheets, as if you want to add a further layer of mattress protector or mattress topper in the future you will have the space for it and not have to buy deeper sheets yet again.

Kodiak
07-Apr-10, 15:18
A 6 Inch Nail might help :D

Anji
07-Apr-10, 15:24

Recently I got a new matress that is about 2 inch higher than my old one. Now my old fitted sheets don't seem to fit this new matress and quite often in the middle of the night I awake to find that the sheet has come away at one or more corner, or along a whole side.

Ta

I had the same problem when we got our last bed. Fortunately, at the time, we lived near an Asda, and they have sheets to fit at a reasonable price.

Can you wait until the next time you're near an Asda, or can you get a friend living near one to send you some sheets?

Liz
07-Apr-10, 15:28
Northern Nights(from QVC)bedding is great and the fitted sheets are deep as they are made to fit over a feather bed.

Their flannel bedding is the cosiest I have ever tried and wouldn't go back to any other brand now.:D

Ricco
07-Apr-10, 15:49

Nope - staple gun is the best. Simply tuck it well in and then 'bam, bam, bam'.... sorted!

Vistravi
07-Apr-10, 16:01
Nope - staple gun is the best. Simply tuck it well in and then 'bam, bam, bam'.... sorted!

Untill its time to change them that is ;)

Scunner
07-Apr-10, 16:43
you will get 'things' like suspenders that attach to the corners, and hold sheets in place.

trix
07-Apr-10, 17:05
nice threid :lol:

am bein serious, iv choost ordered a new bied an' getin'ed at 'e end o' 'e month. never even thought aboot getin new sheets til go wi' ma lovely new deep mattress.

best get shoppin for sheets...cool.

new hoose, new beid, new mattress...it makes sense til get new sheets!!

hell, ye never ken, i mite even throw in a new boyfriend :roll:

ShelleyCowie
07-Apr-10, 17:10

am bein serious, iv choost ordered a new bied an' getin'ed at 'e end o' 'e month. never even thought aboot getin new sheets til go wi' ma lovely new deep mattress.

hell, ye never ken, i mite even throw in a new boyfriend :roll:

Wanna buy me a new matress? [lol]

Mine is near dying but its last on my list of things that need bought! Boo hoo! Lol

mrlennie
07-Apr-10, 17:22
Why use sheets? :Razz

trix
07-Apr-10, 17:27
Why use sheets? :Razz

so ye can experience slidin aboot 'e place, all wrapt in silk an satan....lek a true princess :Razz

i lek til hev ma beeg all feather duvet on top o' me an a feather dovet under ma bottom sheet so its a bit lek bein in a water beid - totaly cool lek :cool:

mrlennie
07-Apr-10, 18:29
haha i thought youd say hygeine

nightowl
07-Apr-10, 19:59
For lovely big fitted sheets, keep an eye out at Lidl. They occasionally have their jersey fitted sheets for sale. Odd colours, sometimes, but they wash and tumble dry beautifully. For deep matresses just get the bigger size. Good price too.

wicker8
07-Apr-10, 21:51

hell, ye never ken, i mite even throw in a new boyfriend :roll:hi trix nice one

scrabster view
08-Apr-10, 09:43

Ta

I had the same problem with my fitted sheets from Tesco. Then I bought from John Lewis. Although more expensive, well worth the money.:lol:

riggerboy
08-Apr-10, 09:59
to stop masel sliding all ower the place due to slik and satin sheet i wear my golf shoes, also gives that little bit o extra purchace when required (wink wink)

David Banks
08-Apr-10, 10:16

MIght be better with 4 nails.

It would keep down on loose ends if you went bam, bam, bam, bam.

ducati
08-Apr-10, 10:25
to stop masel sliding all ower the place due to slik and satin sheet i wear my golf shoes, also gives that little bit o extra purchace when required (wink wink)

Teeing off? :eek:

bagpuss
08-Apr-10, 21:06
Fitted sheets for 30cm or 40cm deep mattresses used to be sold in Wick by fairways- who are alas no more. However, other purveyors include:
M&S
John Lewis and my particular favourites;
www.firstlinen.co.uk
the last is an online company that sells hotel quality (and its very good quality) plain cream or white linen.

if you want to go really upmarket, try:
www.woodsofharrogate.co.uk who do Frette linen
The white company also do etra deep sheets
But I do agree with the Lidl suggestion- their cotton jersey sheets are the same as those sold for adjustamatic beds at about ten times the price

good luck

riggerboy
09-Apr-10, 09:44
after searching all the place including under ma bed, some strange things there, even found an old pizza box with a bit of pizza in it ( yes i tried to eat it but i dont like mushrooms ) i found the best sheets to fit yer bed
they are called tiger sheets, now they are made by a man who rekons thay are not the smoothest in the world his name is claude balls ?? dont know if they are any good but i know i often go to bed with them