PDA

View Full Version : heating on trains !!

onecalledk
06-Apr-10, 19:38
For those who missed it in the JOGJ last week, scotrail have decided to reinstate refreshments on the thurso to Inverness service and also to improve the heating on the service with them putting the heating on overnight before running the first train of the day.

I think the refreshment service is to be a partial one to start with but its something!

K

Sandra_B
06-Apr-10, 19:52
Well, that's good news!!

Rourkee
06-Apr-10, 20:07
Tesco, Homebase, Broadband and now heating on the trains. Caithness has finally caught up with the 20th century!:lol:

smee
06-Apr-10, 20:36
For those who missed it in the JOGJ last week, scotrail have decided to reinstate refreshments on the thurso to Inverness service and also to improve the heating on the service with them putting the heating on overnight before running the first train of the day.

I think the refreshment service is to be a partial one to start with but its something!

K

Thought the heating was dependant on the speed the train was going! How fast must it go sitting in the station overnight to be warm for the early morning run?

Dadie
06-Apr-10, 21:41
Hot water bottles provided.... £10 for the hot water from the trolley?
Both situations remedied:eek:

Invisible
06-Apr-10, 22:17
well done onecalledk your persistance has got results:lol:

catran
06-Apr-10, 23:15
Brilliant, no more sitting frozen stiff and having to wear layers to keep warm

ShelleyCowie
06-Apr-10, 23:18
Maybe they plan on lighting some candles on the train. The heat radiated from a candle is amazing :lol:

Joking aside i hope to see a difference soon as i will be going back down to inverness on the train soon. But i'd hope it would be warmer since im going in June :D

secrets in symmetry
06-Apr-10, 23:25
I think the refreshment service is to be a partial one to start with but its something!That'll mean half-filled cups of tea and half-eaten packets of ginger biscuits.

John Little
07-Apr-10, 00:12
Optimists all.
I remember well journeying up to Thurso in the late 50s. There was snow all over and no heating on the train.
There was however a refreshment car and everybody crowded into it and huddled because the tea urn was the only source of heat there.

Mind my words - they'll turn your heaters off!!!

evelyn
07-Apr-10, 10:57
A few years back I regularly travelled between Inverness and Wick by train.....in the winter always with a hot water bottle inside my jacket!!!
Evelyn