PDA

View Full Version : Laptops..

celtic1888
05-Apr-10, 23:38
Looking for a good laptop that would do me when i move south..
planning selling the pc as will be too large to take down the road with me.

budget should be £300..

bettedaviseyes
05-Apr-10, 23:43
look on ebay i got my one from there for £120 3 years ago and it's still going strong:D

celtic1888
06-Apr-10, 00:01
i will cheers,

looking for a 19" one..

possibly 2GB ram and big hard drive..

theres so many to choose from i dont know where to start..

Boozeburglar
06-Apr-10, 00:09
£300 will get you a good basic machine nowadays.

Ebuyer, Aria and similar are good places to start looking.

I usually see what is around at my price point, that does what I want, and then narrow it down to 4 or 5 models and hunt a deal.

Basic things I care about for a desktop replacement are screen size, (I can't really live with anything smaller than 17" in widescreen format), and a good keyboard. Who needs a number pad? Rather go for full size keys.

Samsung are particularly good for keyboards, and have a number of models within your budget.

The Intel chips tend to run cooler for a given performance right now, and 2GB is enough for Win 7.

Get a new one at that money, with the screen size you want and a good keyboard, depending on what you tend to spend time doing your budget will see you with a fast enough wee machine.

:)

Boozeburglar
06-Apr-10, 00:11
I think you will be very limited if you are planning for 19".

I use a 24" screen most of the time, and my 17.3" laptop screen is fine as it sits closer to me.

:)

celtic1888
06-Apr-10, 00:12
perfect thank you for the help,

i think £300 is my budget, but my brother is a computer wizz an has put different things onto the pc so it could be more..

ill look into the samsungs though, also am the same, cant live with anything less than 19" moniter

Boozeburglar
06-Apr-10, 00:22
I don't know where you are finding 19" laptops in your budget, second hand on Ebay?