PDA

View Full Version : Another phone scam folks!

ShelleyCowie
05-Apr-10, 12:44
Just had a call from a foreigner saying she was from "Claims UK" and we are owed £5000 from the recent bank charges i have had on my bank account. I knew it was a scam as my caller ID came up with the phone number 0123. But i let her say her thing.

She couldnt confirm where i lived or what bank i was with. She asked for my bank details and i refused. She soon hung up!

Also i havent had bank charges....ever :lol:

upolian
05-Apr-10, 12:48
Just had a call from a foreigner saying she was from "Claims UK" and we are owed £5000 from the recent bank charges i have had on my bank account. I knew it was a scam as my caller ID came up with the phone number 0123. But i let her say her thing.

She couldnt confirm where i lived or what bank i was with. She asked for my bank details and i refused. She soon hung up!

Also i havent had bank charges....ever :lol:

HAHA.....not a very well thought scam is it...numptys[lol]

John Little
05-Apr-10, 12:52
My mother had one of those - in Gloucester yesterday and told the caller to B***** off.

wicker8
05-Apr-10, 13:01
good for you shelley hope there are others out thre that have the same sense as yourself they must have some brass necks to do something like this also thanks for sharing it i myself make sure i dont get bank charges but some do and may fall for it

Invisible
05-Apr-10, 13:03
I would just ask them to send the cheque to me @ my home address

wicker8
05-Apr-10, 14:12
My mother had one of those - in Gloucester yesterday and told the caller to B***** off.hi john i am delighted good for her

Shabbychic
05-Apr-10, 14:20
I think my hubbie had one of those about an hour ago. It was a foreign lady saying things about banks, courts and things to that effect. He couldn't make out most of what she was saying. In the end he had to hang up on her as she would not shut up.

dragonfly
05-Apr-10, 15:22
I had her too, the number comes up as 0123. she told me it was my lucky day as I can reclaim all the charges my bank have charged me asked her some stupid questions that she couldn't answer and she hung up :lol:

ShelleyCowie
05-Apr-10, 17:28
Thing is how do these people get our phone numbers? That just bugs me!

And i wasnt best pleased at someone phoning anyway, i was reading [lol] Nobody interupts me reading...or eating! :cool:

dragonfly
05-Apr-10, 18:29
they buy them Shelley. everytime you see a tick box saying that you agree for your details to be passed onto a 3rd party make sure you don't tick it