PDA

View Full Version : irish coffee

wicker8
04-Apr-10, 19:11
help what or where am i going wrong three attempts to make an irish coffee its all going well until i try to pour the cream in it goes all cloudy any tips thanks

fred
04-Apr-10, 19:14
help what or where am i going wrong three attempts to make an irish coffee its all going well until i try to pour the cream in it goes all cloudy any tips thanks

You put a table spoon upside down on top of the coffee and pour the cream slowly over it.

3of8
04-Apr-10, 19:19
You have to have at least 2 teaspoons of brown sugar stirred in well as this helps the cream to float then pour slowly over the back of a spoon that is just above the surface of the coffee.

Failing that, whip some cream and use the warm spoon to slide it on top of the coffee.

gillsbay
04-Apr-10, 19:48
I assume you are using double cream, single does not have a high enough fat content to float as I once discovered to my embarrasment

Sara Jevo
04-Apr-10, 20:24
Try the scooshy cream - no idea what its proper name is, but the stuff that comes in a pressurised bottle. Works fabulous with tia maria in coffee.

wicker8
04-Apr-10, 20:25
You put a table spoon upside down on top of the coffee and pour the cream slowly over it.thanks for that fred

wicker8
04-Apr-10, 20:31
You have to have at least 2 teaspoons of brown sugar stirred in well as this helps the cream to float then pour slowly over the back of a spoon that is just above the surface of the coffee.

Failing that, whip some cream and use the warm spoon to slide it on top of the coffee.
hi thanks fot that had no idea about the sugar part also i will try the whipped cream also

wicker8
04-Apr-10, 20:33
I assume you are using double cream, single does not have a high enough fat content to float as I once discovered to my embarrasment
hi yes its double cream

wicker8
04-Apr-10, 20:34
Try the scooshy cream - no idea what its proper name is, but the stuff that comes in a pressurised bottle. Works fabulous with tia maria in coffee. hi sarajevo do you mean the anchor one in a tin that squirts out thanks

trix
04-Apr-10, 20:41
cheers weiker8, now i feel lek hevin an early, maybe take til ma beid wi' an irish coffee an' ma book ;)

wicker8
04-Apr-10, 20:46
cheers weiker8, now i feel lek hevin an early, maybe take til ma beid wi' an irish coffee an' ma book ;)all the best trix and cheers

Sara Jevo
04-Apr-10, 21:09
hi sarajevo do you mean the anchor one in a tin that squirts out thanks

That's the stuff!

I like it with a drop of Tia Maria but my real favourite is Kahlua in coffee, topped with the scoooshy cream . . . mmmmmmmmm!

annemarie482
04-Apr-10, 21:41
at the hotel we always put the whisky in first then the coffee and 1 sugar.
stirred it really fast until it was spinning
then spooned really thick whipped cream onto the back of a really hot spoon
so it slid of the spoon and sat on top of the coffee.

always worked a treat!

wicker8
05-Apr-10, 10:56
at the hotel we always put the whisky in first then the coffee and 1 sugar.
Stirred it really fast until it was spinning
then spooned really thick whipped cream onto the back of a really hot spoon
so it slid of the spoon and sat on top of the coffee.

Always worked a treat!hi thanks annemarie will try it out

Penelope Pitstop
05-Apr-10, 15:47
Try the scooshy cream - no idea what its proper name is, but the stuff that comes in a pressurised bottle. Works fabulous with tia maria in coffee.

Oh noooooo my pet hate, not scooshy cream in a special coffee......yuck !!! [lol]

Cattach
05-Apr-10, 16:11
Oh noooooo my pet hate, not scooshy cream in a special coffee......yuck !!! [lol]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara Jevo

Penelope Pitstop you just beat me to it. Imagine putting that stuff plastic ceam in a special drink or indeed in anything for human consumption. If you cant use real cream then forget recipes that ask for real ceam.

kjandcrew
05-Apr-10, 17:09
you must put sugar in, the cream (double) will always sink without it. If it still looks as though it is sinking put your hand over the glass, palm down so there is no air for a couple of seconds and you should see most of it rise to the top - no idea why this works but it does - enjoy

wicker8
05-Apr-10, 18:36
you must put sugar in, the cream (double) will always sink without it. If it still looks as though it is sinking put your hand over the glass, palm down so there is no air for a couple of seconds and you should see most of it rise to the top - no idea why this works but it does - enjoythanks for the tip i will again try it out thanks

Tighsonas4
05-Apr-10, 19:24
cheers weiker8, now i feel lek hevin an early, maybe take til ma beid wi' an irish coffee an' ma book ;)
best place for e [lol] am no goan til be spekan much longer as iss pc is on hids way til be fired in e harbour out bye ,be good xx

Cattach
06-Apr-10, 12:23
best place for e [lol] am no goan til be spekan much longer as iss pc is on hids way til be fired in e harbour out bye ,be good xx

Subtitles, Please!

trix
06-Apr-10, 17:25
Subtitles, Please!

he's tellin ye that his computer isna workin properly, i howp ye get it sorted oot tony.

weik harbour is polluted enough, put yer feet thro'ed an intil 'e bin ;)

am kiddin, get 'e yowng cheil til hev a look, fars 'e siver fox when ye need him :Razz

Tighsonas4
06-Apr-10, 17:39
he's tellin ye that his computer isna workin properly, i howp ye get it sorted oot tony.

weik harbour is polluted enough, put yer feet thro'ed an intil 'e bin ;)

am kiddin, get 'e yowng cheil til hev a look, fars 'e siver fox when ye need him :Razz
the only thing is ev picked e wrongharbour i hed in mind
michel micht get it in a creel cheers ps [mind i still hev e photo] xxxtony

Saveman
06-Apr-10, 21:40
Forget about all that double cream and whipped cream, just make an instant nescafe and put a slug o the good stuff in it and away ya go!

annemarie482
06-Apr-10, 21:51

have you had any success yet?!