PDA

View Full Version : Dating in Caithness

bagpuss
03-Apr-10, 20:43
I seem to recall that most people in Caithness met their other half when they were school pupils. I met other half when he was up in Wick working on the Tesco building- he literally swept me off my feet and enticed me down south. How did you meet yours?

annemarie482
03-Apr-10, 20:46
he was best friends with the lad 2 doors up from ours! lol
served him many drinks as a barmaid at our local.
we only lived 3 miles apart.

Dadie
03-Apr-10, 20:46
In the sphere at Dounreay (DFR).

ShelleyCowie
03-Apr-10, 20:48
BT.....nuff said! :cool: [lol]

Tubthumper
03-Apr-10, 21:07
I met other half when he was up in Wick working on the Tesco building- he literally swept me off my feet and dragged me away south
What! :eek: Even for Wick, that's taking spontaneous romance a bit far!
I can send you money for the fare home if you need it.

bagpuss
03-Apr-10, 21:16
He's a structural engineer- I was being nosy and having a walk round where they were doing initial measurements, and we got talking. He's a widower and I was divorced- but the moment we got talking, it was as if we'd known one another all our lives.

Like most people from Caithness I met my first partner when I was at school- we were together for 15 years, then he met his current wife (who was studying in Glasgow) while he was on a training course and moved to the USA.

cuddlepop
03-Apr-10, 21:35
we were friends for years and then realisation dawned, life was much more fun together.:D

annemarie482
03-Apr-10, 21:39
we were friends for years and then realisation dawned, life was much more fun together.:D

aww thats truly lovely :Razz

Dadie
03-Apr-10, 21:43
He was fixing a hand and foot monitor and I was doing its job until it was fixed... he also rescued me from the lift when it broke down...:lol:

NLP
03-Apr-10, 22:51
He came to fix my leaking roof, did a fine job to.

Connor.
03-Apr-10, 23:49
Met online (Thurso and Wick), Spoke regularly when we were in seperate relationships. I went into another, while we both secretly had a fancy but didn't tell one another. We always used to complain about our relationships and we both realised that we could give each other what we needed and we both are enjoying what we have now after such a long time.

Tinkerbell09
03-Apr-10, 23:51
Met online (Thurso and Wick), Spoke regularly when we were in seperate relationships. I went into another, while we both secretly had a fancy but didn't tell one another. We always used to complain about our relationships and we both realised that we could give each other what we needed and we both are enjoying what we have now after such a long time.

Oi you, beating me to it ;)

donnick
04-Apr-10, 10:41
We met over a freezer at norfrost it was a frosty start but he melted my heart :lol:

upolian
04-Apr-10, 10:53
cool^^^^^^:cool:

Dusty
04-Apr-10, 11:29
I fell off a bar stool and there she was, lying on the floor ;).

Please don't tell her I said that :eek:.

We met at school when we were twelve and went out off and on 'til we were about 17. Later, she left to work in Canada and I joined the Merchant Navy. Some time after, I was home on leave and she was home on holiday and was helping out as a waitress in the pub I was in, we started going out again and that was that.
Thirty five years ago now "and it don't seem a day too long".

lynne duncan
04-Apr-10, 12:00
we got chatting on the bus to dounreay and he offered me driving lessons, that was 23 years ago!

Julia
04-Apr-10, 12:00
I still have to meet mine :roll:

Mother Bear
04-Apr-10, 14:19
Me too Julia!

telfordstar
04-Apr-10, 14:26
I still have to meet mine :roll:

Might not be a bad thing you can have fun looking though!!